Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    @therealcinco_ keeps his up to date and pinned at the top of his twitter feed.
    Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    I think those pods may be used to explain the resurrections if indeed the resurrections are explained at all, but I don’t think that’s *why* that scene was there. Hickman didn’t dedicate the first page of his run to housecleaning from the previous run. I think it’s a scene whose significance to this story and its themes will become clear enough over the course of the miniseries and/or the run as a whole that it will eventually seem like the only appropriate introduction. At this point we can be sure it was purposeful, it just remains to be seen where it fits into the big picture.
    Absolutely, it isn’t just showing that resurrection and or healing is possible. It serves as that to start with. In the context of that first issue it is a slap around are face. A way to tell us things have changed and make us pay attention to Krakoa. But it almost certainly has a hidden meaning that will be revealed soon. An agenda of its own, not just context. It’s the one thing I keep thinking about as I open each new issue, but of course we are a HoX behind so far because of the reading order and it may come up in the next two weeks.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Moira Infographic

Moira 9 Live

Year 19 Apocalpyse kill Xavier

But Xandra Empress???????????? (Xandra Daugther Xavier and Lilandra)

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Moira Infographic

Moira 9 Live

Hmm...good point.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Moira Infographic

Moira 9 Live

This was discussed a lot when everyone was weighing the possibilities of X^2 being life 9... on the HOX #2 thread? Has it really been a few weeks? It seemed to be the major continuity-based sticking point in that theory, and remains so now that it’s come to pass. NO PRIZE: Lilandra was always going to name her daughter Xandra and just happened to fall in love with an Xavier in our timeline? Weirder things have happened! I hope they don’t see this but I actually knew someone who always wanted to have a child named Library after the street where they grew up, Library Ln. Then they met and married someone whose last name was Lane! (they aren’t together anymore and never had a kid but I’m sure if they did the child would have been a fully competent space empress)

Also now that we know X^2 IS life 9, I wonder if it’s worth returning to the idea that maybe Xavier’s whole alliance with Lilandra and the Shi’ar didn’t happen in any other timeline, but did in our timeline because of Xavier’s knowledge of the Shi’ar’s importance in mutants’ future.

Or another thing I remember writing about weeks ago... you know how Lilandra is first introduced via the visions Charles has of her leading to their meeting in person? What if that happens at the same point in every timeline, but goes differently when Xavier is happily partnered with Moira? Maybe Lilandra has found different Earth allies in some timelines, but now Xavier knows it must be him and the X-Men who ally with her? I don’t know, this could just be me trying to look at every bit of history through the lens of this retcon when not every single thing can possibly hold up (and that’s okay), but since the Shi’ar are part of the story, I wouldn’t be surprised if Hickman has come up with something.

AND it looks like the Shi’ar have a major role to come. Remember that Hickman said he’s writing the first arc of New Mutants because it sets up something important for later... And the solicit describes them spoilers:
    going to look for their missing teammate, who we’re to assume is Sam, married to Smasher of the Imperial Guard. And Gladiator or Kid Gladiator appears to be on the cover for the second issue..
    end of spoilers

I just can’t believe that Hickman’s use of the word “incursion” (our of Nimrod’s mouth) is accidental. I still hold that we’re in for a major curveball where we will see some of Moira’s lives converge into one, much like elements of the Ultimate Universe leaked into the main Marvel Universe during time runs out/secret wars/all new all different.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

I'd actually like to see more of sinisters more powerful chimera mutants who are with the shi'ar, the ones who take earth back.
    'Superguardians'.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I just can’t believe that Hickman’s use of the word “incursion” (our of Nimrod’s mouth) is accidental. I still hold that we’re in for a major curveball where we will see some of Moira’s lives converge into one, much like elements of the Ultimate Universe leaked into the main Marvel Universe during time runs out/secret wars/all new all different.
    As a blonde hair blue eyed ninja once said "BELIEVE IT!"

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    As a blonde hair blue eyed ninja once said "BELIEVE IT!"
    THANK GOD that was dropped after a few episodes. Though much later, it was replaced with "Ya know." lol

Spectacular Member

Nutcase theory: There is no such mutant power as reincarnation. The entire universe does not reset with every death of this one being. Moira's 10+1 lives are a simulation being run to learn how to overcome some kind of opponent in the man-machine-mutant war

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post
    Nutcase theory: There is no such mutant power as reincarnation. The entire universe does not reset with every death of this one being. Moira's 10+1 lives are a simulation being run to learn how to overcome some kind of opponent in the man-machine-mutant war
    So video games are the solution to violence, not the cause of it? Along with mutants?

From Moira's point of view, it is really not important how her power works.

It only affects, you know, the rest of the worlds.

2019 is the year of many things. But I think when the half-fish children are studying their bone and stone textbooks as their gills perform the great exchange, it'll be most remembered for being the year of significant Marvel stories where fans are confused by timelines.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    If both him and his adversary being pulled into a singularly is loosing. So no, not really.
    Get ready to see what comes out on the other side of the singularity.
    An Apocalypse + Nimrod infinity warp.