Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

I don't think the timeline gets resetted, I think it creates a new one.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    We don't know if she creates a new timeline or does a reset.
    If it's parallel universe, I can't see Apocalypse caring too much about what happens to mutants in some other universe. But if it's a reset, it has massive ramifications on prime continuity.

Moira may have been depowered in Decimation. Or a ruthless Tony Stark might just put a power nullifier collar on Moira and then kill her to preserve the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    If it's parallel universe, I can't see Apocalypse caring too much about what happens to mutants in some other universe. But if it's a reset, it has massive ramifications on prime continuity.

Moira may have been depowered in Decimation. Or a ruthless Tony Stark might just put a power nullifier collar on Moira and then kill her to preserve the universe.
    She has a mutant cure...she can stop when ever she wants
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Mighty Member

You do understand that Moira is on her 10th life, Earth 616, right? She's already way past puberty now. Whenever she dies, Earth 616 is entirely erased. Doesn't matter if it's finite, it will remove every Marvel comic from 1961 from continuity.
    Oh, so Hickman has a story that might up root the universe...

and?

Big whoop, might as well call it tuesday.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Oh, so Hickman has a story that might up root the universe...

and?

Big whoop, might as well call it tuesday.
    They should have the Watchers come in with some massive warning like in LegionQuest. :P

Extraordinary Member

If it's parallel universe, I can't see Apocalypse caring too much about what happens to mutants in some other universe.
    Characters in the story don't know what we know. Besides, people still make sacrifices for others, and what ever other universe these mutants are in is one that this Moira will be part of, giving some reason to care.

Spectacular Member

After reading PoX 3, I think the 616 continuity has already rebooted by Moira in the present. It can explain why we have some dead supposed mutant alive, Scott has his eyes back, bad guys on the X-Men's side, Jean in her Marvel Girl outfit and walking Xavier!
    In fact, the last Uncanny XM issue was the END of the old continuity before this reboot/reset of Hickman!
    I have a theory now: the X-Men and the rest of their mutant allies can be from the different lives of Moira! Krakoa permitt this miracle thing as seen in the upcoming X-calibur through portals!

They should have the Watchers come in with some massive warning like in LegionQuest. :P
    Honestly though I don't think they would. If...

1 - Moira's resets are not new timelines and effectively "delete" the others, everyone is still born and exist in this new life and doing things that they were meant to be doing in the eyes of the Watchers

2 - Moira's resets DO create new timelines then it still wouldn't effect anything because every person in these timelines still continue on.

Really the only person she's "hurting" is herself unless she uses her knowledge for evil, in which THEN I could see a Watcher coming along and saying "hold up.

But this Apocalypse is in love.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post

1 - Moira's resets are not new timelines and effectively "delete" the others, everyone is still born and exist in this new life and doing things that they were meant to be doing in the eyes of the Watchers

2 - Moira's resets DO create new timelines then it still wouldn't effect anything because every person in these timelines still continue on.

Really the only person she's "hurting" is herself unless she uses her knowledge for evil, in which THEN I could see a Watcher coming along and saying "hold up.
    If the resets keep going and delete the old timeline, I think the Watchers may well realize that Earth-616 never seems to go beyond 2029 (or whenever the average year Moira dies is), while all the other universes continue until the end of the universe.

Incredible Member

i think it's a safe bet that Moira *thinks* she reboots the universe.

I also think it's a safe bet that, if anything is established about what happens to the other universes, it's going to be that they're parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post

Not everyone is still born. Moira's two kids arent born. Proteus isnt born in any other timeline. Bc of the way she affects things, others may also not be born. The only people guaranteed to still be around are the ones born when she is and/or old enough to effectively start altering things

The Chimeras strongly implied that the world resets. Considering this is a story that is supposed to be Secret Wars cranked up to 11 or Secret Wars on crack or whatever, I think this is all 616 stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not everyone is still born. Moira's two kids arent born. Proteus isnt born in any other timeline. Bc of the way she affects things, others may also not be born. The only people guaranteed to still be around are the ones born when she is and/or old enough to effectively start altering things
    Ah good point. My main point though was her resets aren't Watcher bait in my opinion.

Interesting is the Fall of Avengers World in Life 9.