Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    One could assume that Moira's ability isn't merely a simple "Snap Back". If the timeline crumbles and vanishes upon her death, than she's technically a reality warper whose powers trigger upon her death, and allow her to reset continuity.

Just saying, since her abilities in their totality haven't been explained, and how it effects the past timelines hasn't explained....nothing is fact yet.
    Her ability has been explained. If she dies, she returns to her mother's womb with her memories intact.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

This was good. I didn't know that Year 100 was actually her 9th life. But I knew she was still alive in her 9th life. I had this discussion with my Friends about this.

Anyway, this was GREAT!!! I love the twist. I want to re-read the first part I was a bit lost on the part where the Baby got laser visioned to the Face LOL.

every time moira dies all of your x-men comics are replaced with new x-men comics and the only constant between every life is that we all still want mike carey back
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Apocalypse Moria is cute

That was a cool issue. I had a feeling about the life 9/Moira in the Sarcophagus thing, so that was interesting to see play out. I actually dug the future Horsemen and X-Men. Considering their minimal page time, it's actually pretty impressive how much I liked them. Or at least, most of them. North was just kind of there.

Xorn was awesome. Rasputin and Cardinal were each interesting. Krakoa/Cypher had potential.

So many people wanted them gone....and now that they are, I find myself hoping they'll come back in some way.

But Sweet Nimrod....I'll miss him most of all.

Last edited by JamJams; 08-21-2019 at 12:41 PM.

what if the x^3 weirdos ascend with the cool phalanx to become cool mutant pimp phalanx and at some point find their way to the life 10 reality, consume the trash lame phalanx we're used to, and they try to ascend the MU and idk that's a corner event
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

How do these threads get so long by the time I have read the issue! It is crazy.

Before I wade through pages of posts to see what everyone is saying I have to acknowledged how totally wrong I was about Moira's 9th life. Even with all the clues painstakingly exposed and acknowledged, most especially the obvious sarcophagus hint that even I agreed with, I didn't think we would see that happen.

I guess the unpredictable variable that I hadn't accounted for was that this issue would drive that story to conclusion instead of pacing it throughout the rest of Powers of X, thereby making my fears that we might get to #6 and have a reset, somewhat redundant.

That being said, I really liked this issue, and enjoyed seeing the 'singularity'. Indeed it was only a few pages in when I started to think. Hmmm, maybe all those timeline IX theorists are right about this. Apocalypse being taken down by Nimrod was fun. The weird Wolverine injury is very ominous. The body portal was very reminiscent of the Inhumans but surprising, Moira's orgasmic data download was stunning and the TO-Virus religion was just straight sci-fi horror.

The play on "what I do" is also very clever.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-21-2019 at 12:07 PM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Wish we could’ve seen more of the green Magneto that was actually made from Emma and Lornas’ DNA thought that was pretty cool to find out...

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    No, this is about as integral to the present as Rogue One A Star Wars Story was to Star Wars Chapter 4 A New Hope.
    I never thought I would see the day when I wouldn't understand a Star wars reference, but now that I don't watch the new movies I guess I am going to have to get used to it.

I guess you are saying it is important? Suddenly I get how Captain America felt.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I never thought I would see the day when I wouldn't understand a Star wars reference, but now that I don't watch the new movies I guess I am going to have to get used to it.

I guess you are saying it is important? Suddenly I get how Captain America felt.
    Rogue One was that compilation movie where it had a scene showing how one of the Rebellion soldiers got away with the Death Star specs.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Her ability has been explained. If she dies, she returns to her mother's womb with her memories intact.
    I obviously know that...

What I'm saying is what happens to that timeline is still vague: does it go on after her death or does it vanish...

Just like everyone here, we can only infer at this point.

Jeeeze
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    So many people wanted them gone....and now that they are, I find myself hoping they'll come back in some way.
    Donny Cates keeps sucking people up in black holes and spitting them out.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Krakoa/Cypher had potential.
    I’m thinking the potential is mostly in the implications for “our” Doug! We’ve already seen him interfacing with Krakoa, and we’ve already seen him in another relationship where the “self/friend” line (so to speak!) has blurred..

This was great. The dialogue was great. Nimrod/Xorn what if spin off pitch idea great.

Keep goong, Hickman