Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    One could assume that Moira's ability isn't merely a simple "Snap Back". If the timeline crumbles and vanishes upon her death, than she's technically a reality warper whose powers trigger upon her death, and allow her to reset continuity.

Just saying, since her abilities in their totality haven't been explained, and how it effects the past timelines hasn't explained....nothing is fact yet.
    I'm going with a spin of the multiverse theory similar to what they explain in the EndGame movie: everytime she respawns she starts a new branch of the timeline form that point or her birth. Her individual timeline is effectively continuous which is how her "future" can still be read. When she "jumps" back to her birth, shes jumping to a new parallel existence forming that only deviates with her interaction (as a passive observer things play out exactly the same yadda yadda). In those regards no one ceases to exist ... they live a full life that isn't erased, its just isolated to that timeline. Heck you can argue shes creating life that would have never existed with her costant "timeline meddling" as she looks for the perfect future (hmm ... may have stumbled on the theme here ...)

"but that means its not the 616" ... meh. Her first life, her birth started in the 616, her mutant powers just means she exists beyond it, and the rules of the multiverse in every comic are wildly random anyway.
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 08-22-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I haven't been following this thread, sorry if this was already discussed but...
    I don't think we are done with the timeline from POX #3. Nimrod was disolving Cylobel on tube and we saw that Tube with what was left of her on the even further future.

Sorry it is obvious but it is something that I didn't notice until now. It could be yet another life but I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I haven't been following this thread, sorry if this was already discussed but...
    I don't think we are done with the timeline from POX #3. Nimrod was disolving Cylobel on tube and we saw that Tube with what was left of her on the even further future.

Sorry it is obvious but it is something that I didn't notice until now. It could be yet another life but I don't think so.
    I am thinking life 6 she worked with the machines...have to go back reread all of those notes
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I am pretty sure that most marketing has always referred to mutants rather than X-Men.
    Exactly. This event is about mutants as a WHOLE through the actions of pivitol X-Men characters. Not about the X-Men. People wanting to see their favorite X-men characters in the spotlight are going to be sorely disappointed I feel like.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

I don’t think this is the end of the this particular timeline or characters either. Rasputin in particular seemed to get popular fast. Hickman definitely isn’t done with her.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Exactly. This event is about mutants as a WHOLE through the actions of pivitol X-Men characters. Not about the X-Men. People wanting to see their favorite X-men characters in the spotlight are going to be sorely disappointed I feel like.

I agree to an extent which is why I’ve struggled to recommend this to other people even though I’m downright obsessed and addicted with this story. I think some casual fans might go into this expecting to see the their favorite characters blowing things up. Don’t get me wrong, there was a part of me that was hoping for that as well. This different slower paced approach that Hickman has taken has completely exceeded my expectations though. Even though this series is the hottest thing going right now I could definitely see some people being blind sided expecting some more traditional style X-men action and just being put off.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I agree to an extent which is why I’ve struggled to recommend this to other people even though I’m downright obsessed and addicted with this story. I think some casual fans might go into this expecting to see the their favorite characters blowing things up. Don’t get me wrong, there was a part of me that was hoping for that as well. This different slower paced approach that Hickman has taken has completely exceeded my expectations though. Even though this series is the hottest thing going right now I could definitely see some people being blind sided expecting some more traditional style X-men action and just being put off.
    Hell I wish I had friends who liked comics to recommend this to lol I can understand the frustration of not seeing your favorite character in this huge status quo shift that Hickman is pulling off here especially with Marvel's recent mishandling of the X-Men, but idk I'm just REALLY enjoying the story he's laying out to really be too disappointed in not seeing a Hickman written Emma, Storm, Rachel, etc.

Although I'm pretty sure Hickman will have the X-Men show up fairly soon lol No way the last 2 or 3 issues don't have some semblance of the classic line up.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

After many re-readings...another 10/10 with 5 stars for emphasis.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Yes I know, I get the pacing. And story structure vs. page count, etc.
    I'm not disappointed in what he did here. What's here is great.
    I'm disappointed in what's not here, and I don't understand why it's not here.
    POX was the book that told many timelines at once, yes?
    Except now, right after setting up Cyclops' mission last POX, this POX issue stays only in Year 100 and doesn't even flip to year 10 to nudge the Cyclops storyline along even a little, even just to confirm the team that's going is the one on the upcoming covers.
    It's not there because he deals with that lifetime (not timeline) directly in the next two issues (3 and 4) of HoX, starting next week?
    Just a wild, crazy guess.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    It did nudge Cyke's story along by setting up the stakes of they fail. They made sacrifices in the future to save the past. And now Cyclops must carry that burden.
    Why do we need to nudge Cyclops' story along in a story that's been about Moira?

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Why do we need to nudge Cyclops' story along in a story that's been about Moira?
    Cyclops and the rest have a role to play in this tale. Moira is the device for the story but this isn't really about her. The story is about mutants escaping a horrible dark future in which she has a vital role to play.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Hell I wish I had friends who liked comics to recommend this to lol I can understand the frustration of not seeing your favorite character in this huge status quo shift that Hickman is pulling off here especially with Marvel's recent mishandling of the X-Men, but idk I'm just REALLY enjoying the story he's laying out to really be too disappointed in not seeing a Hickman written Emma, Storm, Rachel, etc.

Although I'm pretty sure Hickman will have the X-Men show up fairly soon lol No way the last 2 or 3 issues don't have some semblance of the classic line up.
    Lol trust me I understand the feeling of not really having anyone to talk to outside of message boards regarding comics. Lol. I too absolutely love what Hickman is doing here. No doubt about it. The story he’s crafting is simply amazing regardless of whether we seen some old school traditional X-men or not. I do think that everything going on can kind of confuse readers who are expecting something more in line with that Saturday morning X-men days.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I am thinking life 6 she worked with the machines...have to go back reread all of those notes
    OOH, Life 6 Moira built the Sentinels and made them "kill all humans" but they turned on her and took over the world anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Lol trust me I understand the feeling of not really having anyone to talk to outside of message boards regarding comics. Lol. I too absolutely love what Hickman is doing here. No doubt about it. The story he’s crafting is simply amazing regardless of whether we seen some old school traditional X-men or not. I do think that everything going on can kind of confuse readers who are expecting something more in line with that Saturday morning X-men days.
    OMG I know what you mean. I am so excited for every HoX and PoX issue and I read it as soon as I wake up on Wednesday morning (buying digital) and then the only place I can come talk about the comics is the forums. I recently watched Violet Evergarden and it totally blew me away, but nope no one in my immediate friends and acquaintances to talk to about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    OMG I know what you mean. I am so excited for every HoX and PoX issue and I read it as soon as I wake up on Wednesday morning (buying digital) and then the only place I can come talk about the comics is the forums. I recently watched Violet Evergarden and it totally blew me away, but nope no one in my immediate friends and acquaintances to talk to about it.
    Lmao it sucks I know. Don’t get me wrong. I absolute love message boards and stuff but there’s nothing like face to face debate and so on.