Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Maybe Moira will want to try and use Nimrod as a tool for genocide herself, but against humans. And that might be what turns the X-Men against her and why she looks like wearing a Nimrod suit in that one cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Maybe Moira will want to try and use Nimrod as a tool for genocide herself, but against humans. And that might be what turns the X-Men against her and why she looks like wearing a Nimrod suit in that one cover.
    Ooooo this is interesting. I hadn’t heard this theory until now. I think I could ride with this one.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Where DO you see Moira going after this?
    Is she a superhero? Does she have a costume? Does she have powers?

Yes, I also predicted from the beginning she would become a villain as well. Genocide is interesting. I was picturing her as resident Oracle myself on the island, as you can see in the krakoa map.

BANNED

Yeah, I'd buy that for a dollar.

I honestly think after every single life she’s lived and all the suffering she’s endured that villain in a sense wouldn’t be too far off. I think it would be a natural progression of the character if she developed into a more “human hating” persona at this point.

It would be horrible to develop Moira up to all this for the betterment of mutantkind as the heroine who united Xavier, Magneto, and Apocalypse just to end up vilified.

Perhaps her time with Apocalypse has given her a twisted sense of survival of the fittest, and since it seems the machines will always win, she decides to join them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It would be horrible to develop Moira up to all this for the betterment of mutantkind as the heroine who united Xavier, Magneto, and Apocalypse just to end up vilified.
    I’m not saying it’s the role I would want for her but it’s something I could naturally understand after everything she’s experienced.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Hickman is unlikely to pull the same trick twice. Showing a life suddenly end and going to an new iteration is a one trick pony. So I would imaging we can discount M11 theories now. <fingers crossed>
    In which case...
    They defeat Nimrod, mutant future is saved, all at the cost of Miora's life.
    She dies a self-sacrificing hero...but opts not to reincarnate...and...our current 616 time line (L10) continues, as normal.
    It's important to note that her death and reincarnation does not mean the end of the universe...just the end her life as it pertains to mutants.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-23-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    In which case...
    They defeat Nimrod, mutant future is saved, all at the cost of Miora's life.
    She dies a self-sacrificing hero...but opts not to reincarnate...and...our current 616 time line continues, as normal.
    I’m not sure she can opt out of reincarnation or has any control over it. Unless she “cures” herself which she is fully capable Of doing before she dies. Maybe she possibly already has cured herself of her mutant gene in this lifeline and we aren’t aware of it yet.

I would love to see her going forward in a position similar to Charles, Erik.. even Apocalypse or Sinister: a leading voice in mutant ideology whose approach can be “heroic” or “villainous” depending on the story, but who is mostly playing a bigger game than most other characters. Though JKtheMac makes a good point that those who subvert others’ dreams to use them as pawns are sort of inherently villainous (including often Charles, and what is Cerebro if not an instrument of Big Data?)

Though I do wonder if Moira’s knowledge almost makes her godlike moving forward in such a story-breaking way that she has to exit after this. It’s not like she actually knows the future, though... and I wonder Apocalypse’s comment about too much knowledge paralyzing its bearer with choice might signal a recognition on Moira’s part of the value in being more selective about her own knowledge.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I’m not sure she can opt out of reincarnation or has any control over it. Unless she “cures” herself which she is fully capable Of doing before she dies. Maybe she possibly already has cured herself of her mutant gene in this lifeline and we aren’t aware of it yet.
    Her 11th life is only a possibility, dependent on many variables, at this point...not an absolute certainty.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I can buy her turning heel given all she's now been through. I also don't see her as a purely heroic character in this new equation as is. I wouldn't want her reduced to just a black hat though, and I don't think she will be. Whatever happens I think Moira will have her reasons.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicisnovel View Post
    Where DO you see Moira going after this?
    Is she a superhero? Does she have a costume? Does she have powers?

Yes, I also predicted from the beginning she would become a villain as well. Genocide is interesting. I was picturing her as resident Oracle myself on the island, as you can see in the krakoa map.
    Thing is, she's not an oracle. Once she starts making changes, she doesn't know any more than anyone else. That's why she's failed so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Thing is, she's not an oracle. Once she starts making changes, she doesn't know any more than anyone else. That's why she's failed so many times.
    Oracle, not oracle