Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope so

Also Emma/Lorna seems like an interesting combination
    When I read it was future Emma/Lorna it brought back some memories of playing Battle of the Atom. They had some pretty good combos.

Too bad we didn’t get a chance to see more of the hybrid before the end.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-21-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    This was the main reason I resisted the idea of the Moira IX theory. I liked the idea of an untold story where the two battled the world forever.
    You kind of get a nod to it in this issue. Wolverine says that Apoc doesn't think anything is worth his coming back to Karoka. He could have easily meant knowing Logan would have to kill Moira he didn't want to see it and literally had nothing to go back to.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It turns out Cardinal has Jean Grey’s DNA, which would explain the red hair/fur.

This is just speculation...
    In the back logs of Powers of X #1 it said all Cardinals were born with peace time powers and shared a single name and mind. Powers of X #2 back logs outlined different degrees of AI. Can the Cardinal chimeras be considered a form of artificial intelligence similar to AI^100 Intelligence or even a Worldmind if there were enough of them? I wonder if this will tie back to the story at some point?

Also a cardinal isn’t only a high ranking bishop, but also a red bird. What other intelligence with a bird avatar comes to mind? The Phoenix Force. So Phoenix = Jean Grey = Cardinal. Moira ran tests on Jean when she first became Phoenix. Moira worked with Mr. Sinister in life IX. Is there a connection?

Why is Jean back in her Marvel Girl costume? Is it just for aesthetics or is it for story reason behind this decision? What happened last time Jean Grey wore that costume and headed off to space to fight sentinels on a space station?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You kind of get a nod to it in this issue. Wolverine says that Apoc doesn't think anything is worth his coming back to Karoka. He could have easily meant knowing Logan would have to kill Moira he didn't want to see it and literally had nothing to go back to.
    Oh there is no denying the affection. We were only discussing the way he touched the sarcophagus, suggesting the emotional attachment, the other day. But a forever war is so much more romantic than a war with a finite and tragic end. Even if the last act of Apocalypse was of noble sacrifice.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    It turns out Cardinal has Jean Grey’s DNA, which would explain the red hair/fur.

This is just speculation...
    In the back logs of Powers of X #1 it said all Cardinals were born with peace time powers and shared a single name and mind. Powers of X #2 back logs outlined different degrees of AI. Can the Cardinal chimeras be considered a form of artificial intelligence similar to AI^100 Intelligence or even a Worldmind if there were enough of them? I wonder if this will tie back to the story at some point?

Also a cardinal isn’t only a high ranking bishop, but also a red bird. What other intelligence with a bird avatar comes to mind? The Phoenix Force. So Phoenix = Jean Grey = Cardinal. Moira ran tests on Jean when she first became Phoenix. Moira worked with Mr. Sinister in life IX. Is there a connection?

Why is Jean back in her Marvel Girl costume? Is it just for aesthetics or is it for story reason behind this decision? What happened last time Jean Grey wore that costume and headed off to space to fight sentinels on a space station?
    I thought it was more along the lines of cardinal as in priests given their passiveness but it would be a good codename. But i would give it to rachel i sort of like the idea of jean becoming Marvel Woman.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I really don’t want the phoenix anywhere near this story. Indeed I believe Jean’s Marvel Girl costume and chosen name is supposed to suggest the opposite.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Saw mother Akabba and thought Rachel would play some part but Moira is the mother in stasis instead this book was really good...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I remember the Mark Brooks cover were there were so many characters, there were like three Wolverines, Two Storms (one a kid), baby havock,etc
    But I don't see how that fits on this story.

I thought it was more along the lines of cardinal as in priests given their passiveness but it would be a good codename. But i would give it to rachel i sort of like the idea of jean becoming Marvel Woman.
    You're so right, that name would fit Rachel so much more.

That’s what I thought too at first, but it could have a double meaning. Cardinal is not the most exciting name, but maybe she is the first ‘Cardinal’?

Maybe Jean or the Phoenix is the reason behind their hive mind. Jean is an omega leave telepath, maybe in the future she can split her mind into multiple bodies?

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I really don’t want the phoenix anywhere near this story. Indeed I believe Jean’s Marvel Girl costume and chosen name is supposed to suggest the opposite.
    Yes, but she can’t be Marvel Girl forever and editorial doesn’t want another Phoenix story with Jean. Cardinal may be a reference to Jean through the Phoenix without it being a Phoenix story and instead is more about Jean’s own powers manifesting in a new way.

I am shocked!! I was loving this timeline and its characters... what a way to endear them though. Will we ever see them again?

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Yes, it's like ordering steak, then the waitress brings out the best chicken meal of all time, and I eat it rather than wait any longer, and can admit it's good, but still really wanted that steak, damn it.
    I am pretty sure that most marketing has always referred to mutants rather than X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I am shocked!! I was loving this timeline and its characters... what a way to endear them though. Will we ever see them again?
    Rasputin will be back. So much marketing for her and the tarot card mentioned she walks between worlds.

Yeah, if only they were dead, I think they wouldn't have chosen to kill them in such a specific way after making it clear that they don't know what happens when you enter a black hole.

Which creates another interesting issue. What if the Karima of House of X is not our Karima?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Interesting is the Fall of Avengers World in Life 9.
    And Nimrod observing / studying the most recent incursion...