Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Another great issue. I am really enjoying this series. I am excited for the next issue of HOX 3 because I want to see some of the X-Men. Going into this story I knew Moira, Charles, and Magneto would have the biggest roles and I'm fine with that, but I want to see Scott, Jean, and Logan in action.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Solution 3: She finds a way to live until the end of the universe. Which may be what she is trying in X^3, which could be the missing M6 or could still be the far future of M10.
    Looks like it’s headed this way. Why else would she seek out Apocalypse? He was described as a solution she hadn’t tried — not sure that “solution” means his world view. Isn’t it canon his immortality is facilitated by taking over a host body? Still, she clearly died in this issue so...

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    At minimum she’s carrying that knowledge of Chimeras into her next life. And it’s not like the knowledge is beyond her. She’s a mutant geneticist. Like Sinister.
    And I’m sure she was working close with him. It may be her idea to put him under heavy watch in the Cradle (where it looks like he may be according to the POX5 cover) or the No-Place where he can work his magic, then get his head sliced off right after.

So much to absorb in each issue. Church of Ascendancy connected some dots. Mutants are fighting humanity’s machine worship to become the inheritors. If this week POX saw the demise of X^2, and POX is next week, will we see the collapse of X^3? Seems like it would raise the stakes for HOX and X^1.

It’s all so disorienting. I feel like I’m watching Memento all over again.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 08-21-2019 at 06:03 PM.

BANNED

So much to absorb in each issue. Church of Ascendancy connected some dots. Mutants are fighting humanity’s machine worship to become the inheritors. If this week POX saw the demise of X^2, and POX is next week, will we see the collapse of X^3? Seems like it would raise the stakes for HOX and X^1.

It’s all so disorienting. I feel like I’m watching Memento all over again.
    The next PoX won't be until three weeks from now.

i loved this issue and the art was fucking phenomenal. Silva and Gracia did their best work on this issue. The pages were so...lush!!! I think the chimeras will be back. We saw them on a future cover and they were killed off too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Bah, we are in Marvel, recently a lot of Guardians of the Galaxy escaped from one just fine.
    Yeah I can’t tell if it’s a dangling plot point or if Hickman is making fun of that terrible Hallie Barry / Storm line from the first X-men movie. “Know what happens to a Toad when it gets struck by lightning?”

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The next PoX won't be until three weeks from now.
    Whoops. Yep. Thanks.

Astonishing Member

So far this is much better than Secret Wars and Time Runs Out, probably because Hickman is doing what he wants, while in the crossoever event there were huge editorial mandates, he had to use characters Marvel wanted to push even though he obviously had no good plans for them, as was seen in the story.

postvote. I meant to say the apocalypse seed he ate to be able of killing may resurrect Cardinal

Looks like it’s headed this way. Why else would she seek out Apocalypse? He was described as a solution she hadn’t tried — not sure that “solution” means his world view. Isn’t it canon his immortality is facilitated by taking over a host body? Still, she clearly died in this issue so...
    Each death is arguably making her stronger w/knowledge gained. The “A” on her belt seems curious. Is it for Akkaba or Apocalypse? Is there a difference?

29EE9D15-54CD-4DB8-8251-3552914B8E3B.jpg

Mighty Member

Another great issue!

Some points:
    - Maybe this timeline isn't completely over? We saw many "deaths" but did we really? Was Cardinal really dead just cause he was shot? Did Rasputin die or was she maybe last minute teleported away by Cardinal? We didn't see Apocalypse or Logan die either...
    -Or maybe they did die? And Moira recreates Rasputin for plot reasons (but really because of response to her character)?
    -So House of X seems to be life number 10. What if end of HOX/POX is end of tenth lifeline? Destiny did foresee an 11th life... Maybe the 11th life will be XMEN, Excalibur, Marauders line?
    -So next two issues are HOX with the supposed new team. I've been waiting for Monet to show up and now I get a feeling she might die or something... Hickman says he really likes her which for a writer usually means they like torturing them, lol. I have a feeling we have a big death coming up.
    -Is the missing timeline her working with robots? Hope the speculation that Moira will "turn" is wrong. Don't think Hickman would be that cheesy.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Yes, it's like ordering steak, then the waitress brings out the best chicken meal of all time, and I eat it rather than wait any longer, and can admit it's good, but still really wanted that steak, damn it.
    Come now, we are barely started here. HE ramps up slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Bah, we are in Marvel, recently a lot of Guardians of the Galaxy escaped from one just fine.
    Also, Juggernaut, Black Tom, Nocturne, etc. got sucked into a Xorn singularity back during the Austen run and they turned out fine. I think it just sucked them into an alternate dimension for a while or something. Which, God help us, could be how we get Rasputin and some newly threatening baddies in the 616... but I hope not.

I knew that the Apocalypse timeline was going to be of importance, Hickman wasn't about to just leave it alone with no purpose.

So if she knows about Nimrod, and she is in hiding, then it must mean that at some point she will make a move to try to fix something that will give rise to him...but does it have to do with the mission to stop Mother Mold or will it be something else?

Amazing Member

I’ve ready pretty much every X-Book written since 1963 and I’ve been loving this so far. I firmly believe Hickman is the best super hero author since Alan Moore based on his FF and Avengers runs. A couple thoughts:

1) Based on how time travel has always worked in the Marvel Universe (and Hickman even acknowledged that it’s near impossible to change the past in his FF run) are we pretty much assuming that every time Moira dies, her consciousness travels back in time, thereby creating a divergent timeline of the 616 Universe? In other words, she’s not changing the past, she’s just getting a do-over in a divergent timeline?

2) Does anyone else think 10 years is too short a time frame for the events of X-Men 1 to the present. I think you need 10 years just to get to the start of Morrison’s run, and then at least another three to fit in his run, M-Day, Utopia, AvX, etc. That being said, Marvel doesn’t want to move too far beyond ten years because of their asinine obsession with keeping Peter Parker perpetually in his mid 20s.