Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

They THINK that it resets. Just as in Days of the Future Past they thought they could change the future.

The rules for time travel in Marvel are inconsistent because there are a thousand different methods. We can't be sure. Until explicitly stated, it is ambiguous.

Anyone got a higher res version of the new timeline? I'm getting my issue later this week

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They THINK that it resets. Just as in Days of the Future Past they thought they could change the future.

The rules for time travel in Marvel are inconsistent because there are a thousand different methods. We can't be sure. Until explicitly stated, it is ambiguous.
    It's not like it matters anyhow.

We all know Marvel will continue to write their comics as if they have a single ongoing continuity running from the 60s/40s.

Whatever mechanism Hickman is using for Moira's rebirths is just technobabble.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not everyone is still born. Moira's two kids arent born. Proteus isnt born in any other timeline. Bc of the way she affects things, others may also not be born. The only people guaranteed to still be around are the ones born when she is and/or old enough to effectively start altering things
    What about time-travel though? Apocalypse's origin is tied to the F4 vs Rama-Tut in ancient Egypt. Sinister's origin is tied to someone from the present day going to the far future to send people from the present to the past.

The whole house of cards collapses if she doesn't just move to a different branch timeline.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Being a horseman can come with advantages.

Still want to know about "rescuing the first one"
    rescuing "The first Horsemen." Not one, all four! I want to meet the first Horsemen in Life X!

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    It's not like it matters anyhow.

We all know Marvel will continue to write their comics as if they have a single ongoing continuity running from the 60s/40s.

Whatever mechanism Hickman is using for Moira's rebirths is just technobabble.
    True, if they need to change something they just need a compelling enough storyline to push it out and market to help drive sales. "THIS WILL CHANGE THE MARVEL UNIVERSE FOREVVVVV...er... till next year about this time"

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

I think Moira is outside of the paradox effect because she is an anchor point in time. The anchor is the moment of her birth and she can reset back to that and live her life again. Destiny's warning was that this was not an unlimited ability, there is a percentage chance that Moira will die in her childhood and if she dies before her mutant powers turn on at puberty then she can't resurrect. This is how Moira ignores the paradox effect, her own birth is never impacted by the resets, because the resets are specifically tied to the moment of her birth in the first place.

Another fine X-Men issue.
    What a set-up, and some great characters just dying.
    This has been an amazing ride so far, finally X-Men worth reading about.

The human-machine moment looked like it could‘ve been the birth of Cable.
    Something similar Jodorowski did with the Metabarons.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    rescuing "The first Horsemen." Not one, all four! I want to meet the first Horsemen in Life X!
    I read it as horseman...that is 4x more interesting now
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    What about time-travel though? Apocalypse's origin is tied to the F4 vs Rama-Tut in ancient Egypt. Sinister's origin is tied to someone from the present day going to the far future to send people from the present to the past.

The whole house of cards collapses if she doesn't just move to a different branch timeline.
    I really dont think that will be touched upon and it unnecessarily complicates things if it does.

absolutely not enough discourse on ************ xorn and his horniness for death, godspeed, son, thanos is proud
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Xorn was a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    I imagine they are the same as Apocalypse's "Final Horsemen" in Remender's Uncanny X-Force since he got them from the moon.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20101126224736

YEAR 45: THE FALL OF THE AVENGERS WORLD

STEPHEN: Do not fret, my friends. I have made a pact with demons that will grant me the power of a god!

TONY: Friggin' sweet!

BLACKAGAR: *nods*

NAMOR: Okay, now this is epic!

HANK: Impressive!

MAXIMUS: Apocalypse and his hussy are about to get FUCKED! LOL!

BRUCE: Cool.

REED: Great, so what's the price?

STEPHEN: Lemme check. Um... Uh, every single Avenger.

T'CHALLA: Wait, wha--
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

One could assume that Moira's ability isn't merely a simple "Snap Back". If the timeline crumbles and vanishes upon her death, than she's technically a reality warper whose powers trigger upon her death, and allow her to reset continuity.

Just saying, since her abilities in their totality haven't been explained, and how it effects the past timelines hasn't explained....nothing is fact yet.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion