Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Create Your Team

So it seems to be people aren't feeling Doc Justice and the J-Force. So if you could create a new team of heroes what would you call it and whom would you want on it?

Me, I would have Pepper Potts, Toni Ho, Riri Williams and Lila Rhodes form an all powered armor team of Rescue, Iron Patriot, Ironheart and the new War Machine. Call it...Iron Maidens!

Pepper could be the team leader with her experience, and Riri bieng the youngest on the team being a little impetuous. Lila could have serious doubts about adopting her uncle's legacy and I could see Toni having reservations about being on a team with somebody named War Machine since she is a pacifist.

So thoughts? What team would you want to see?

The Snikts

I'd go madcap GotG premise but with a mutant cast, and make it VERY tangential to Xavier Institute melodrama. I'd make it based on Lila Cheney's intergalactic music career: she owes money to the "space mob", but only knows how to make money in the entertainment business. She suckers Dazzler into "fronting a new act" and gets a few other X-Men to round out the band. Lila says she'll teach them their instruments, but it's really because she knows the X-Men are an elite fighting force and will save her if the mob finds her before the money's won.

Lila Cheney as svengali-like manager, Guido Carosella as security. Alison Blaire on vocals, James Proudstar on guitar, Jesse Bedlam on bass, Trinary on drums.

I would bring back some version of Marvel knights.

It could be a flexible team who look after the people of New York. The line up to ebb and flow like old time Defenders but with a solid base of NY hero.

Spiderman
    Cage
    DD
    iron Fist
    Shang Chi
    Jessica Jones
    Madame Web
    Moonknight
    Hawkeye (Kate)
    HellCat
    Misty Knight
    Colleen
    Falcon

I am not married to any name use and old one ore create a new one I don't care. I see it as a team similar to Avengers World but focused for the most part on NYC.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The Snikts

I'd go madcap GotG premise but with a mutant cast, and make it VERY tangential to Xavier Institute melodrama. I'd make it based on Lila Cheney's intergalactic music career: she owes money to the "space mob", but only knows how to make money in the entertainment business. She suckers Dazzler into "fronting a new act" and gets a few other X-Men to round out the band. Lila says she'll teach them their instruments, but it's really because she knows the X-Men are an elite fighting force and will save her if the mob finds her before the money's won.

Lila Cheney as svengali-like manager, Guido Carosella as security. Alison Blaire on vocals, James Proudstar on guitar, Jesse Bedlam on bass, Trinary on drums.
    That could be a lot of fun. It does make me wonder if any of the X-Men are musically inclined other than Dazzler. Armor, for example. It would be cool if we found out she is a fair drummer.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    I would bring back some version of Marvel knights.

It could be a flexible team who look after the people of New York. The line up to ebb and flow like old time Defenders but with a solid base of NY hero.

Spiderman
    Cage
    DD
    iron Fist
    Shang Chi
    Jessica Jones
    Madame Web
    Moonknight
    Hawkeye (Kate)
    HellCat
    Misty Knight
    Colleen
    Falcon

I am not married to any name use and old one ore create a new one I don't care. I see it as a team similar to Avengers World but focused for the most part on NYC.
    They keep trying to make that work and it never seems to catch on, though. Heroes For Hire a few years ago was good but didn't last, and Bendis' Defenders kind've tanked. Having Spider Man on the team would certainly be a boost if they used him prominently.

Quote Originally Posted by katefan View Post
    That could be a lot of fun. It does make me wonder if any of the X-Men are musically inclined other than Dazzler. Armor, for example. It would be cool if we found out she is a fair drummer.
    That would be interesting, I had considered making room for a kid to stowaway with the team, but I wasnt sure who would be appropriate.

Lila knows Guido, they worked together before.
    Lila knows Dazzler, mutant musicians
    Dazzler knows Warpath, they were on the most recent Astonishing X-Men
    Warpath knows Bedlam, they were on Pete Wisdom's X-Force
    Guido knows Forge, from X-Factor... but I'm supposing that Trinary is Forge's employee.

Did Dazzler coach an Academy squad? Did X-Force or X-Factor ever mentor adolescents? I don't want to put X-23 in space.

Fantastic Member

So it seems to be people aren't feeling Doc Justice and the J-Force. So if you could create a new team of heroes what would you call it and whom would you want on it?

Me, I would have Pepper Potts, Toni Ho, Riri Williams and Lila Rhodes form an all powered armor team of Rescue, Iron Patriot, Ironheart and the new War Machine. Call it...Iron Maidens!

Pepper could be the team leader with her experience, and Riri bieng the youngest on the team being a little impetuous. Lila could have serious doubts about adopting her uncle's legacy and I could see Toni having reservations about being on a team with somebody named War Machine since she is a pacifist.

So thoughts? What team would you want to see?
    I like it your team, my team would be similar just change Iron Heart for Bethany Cabe (Iron Woman) and add Trinary (she can randomly make a awesome armor from everyone else’s armors) and Kiri Oshiro (616) as Mecha. I’d add Iron Heart for later and have Iron Spider (MJ) as an ally once in a while. Call it the Iron Legion, and Arno be the head behind this, because Tony Stark disappeared and Arno is filling in for Iron Man, but can't do it alone, so he needs backup in the form of the Iron Legion
    Last edited by HipHopAvenger; 08-21-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Taskmaster & Black Ant

They keep trying to make that work and it never seems to catch on, though. Heroes For Hire a few years ago was good but didn't last, and Bendis' Defenders kind've tanked. Having Spider Man on the team would certainly be a boost if they used him prominently.
    Did it tank or did Bendis just move on? I really liked that series and Marquez's art was awesome.

The 'Antourage'
    Further adventures of Dave, Kurt & Luis .

Having the Ant-Van which pretty much now generates a quantum time tunnel...
    They should pretty much be the Time & Dimension Traveling Three Amigos of the Marvel U.
    Jumping in and out of time (like a cross between Dr.Who and Peter Potamus, but in a hideous 1972 Ford Ecoline Van!) totally messing with the time stream in futile attempts to change outcomes and benefit their future, which of course all backfires.
    I mean how is this not a show, or comic series?
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-22-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Did it tank or did Bendis just move on? I really liked that series and Marquez's art was awesome.
    Agreed I really like the series too and the art was insanely good in it. How it ended was a bit weird, but that was likely due to the Bendis move

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Did Dazzler coach an Academy squad?
    The Academy X era? No, she didn't, as far as we know. The revealed squad advisors were Mirage, Emma Frost, Cyclops, Wolfsbane, Northstar, Storm, Karma (who took over Northstar's Alpha Squadron when he died) and Magma (who took over Wolfsbane's team when she switched to X-Factor - only for the storyline to end there due to Decimation).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I already came up with the Sorcerers of the Stars for the Age of Marvels project we have going on here. https://community.cbr.com/showthread...iverse-Bullpen

The New Warriors

After making a movie about D-list heroes, Rick Sheridan realized how much life sucks for them. Their mortality rate is high, some turn into villains and some just get broken, physically and mentally. The FF, the Avengers, the X-Men, all those big anme heroes don't seem to care about them even though some were their teammates.
    He talked about this with Silhouette, Silhouette talked to Dwayne and the three of them decided the revive the New Warriors.

The purpose of the team would be to check on those easily forgotten heroes, make sure they are alright, help them if help is needed and, in the worst cases, stop them.

Members:
    Silhouette
    Sleepwalker
    Nighthrasher
    Justice
    Renascence
    Finesse
    Trauma

Support: Mickey Musashi and the Loners would be working with them, sharing intel about former heroes who may need help.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

The Ant-Man 12

Ant-Man
    Stinger
    Grizzly
    Machinesmith
    Ms Thing
    Giant-Man
    Beetle
    Whirlwind
    Porcupine
    Magician