Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

On the bright side, maybe this will mean the return of Superior Octopus now that everyone knows Octavius is SS? There is still narrative mileage left in that variant of Ock, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    On the bright side, maybe this will mean the return of Superior Octopus now that everyone knows Octavius is SS? There is still narrative mileage left in that variant of Ock, IMO.
    I agree -- the Superior Octopus look was pretty great.

Also, I gotta ask: does anyone really give a fig about alt-Spider Osborn?

-Pav, who certainly doesn't...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

maybe but its pretty much negates all of his development unless you mean he still is a hero just stop using the Spider-man name?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    maybe but its pretty much negates all of his development unless you mean he still is a hero just stop using the Spider-man name?
    Or anti-hero, I'm not advocating Otto become a straight-up villain again perish the thought. Otto being Superior Octopus would be better in a way because it would mean he can't hide behind the mantle of a, more or less, respected hero he'll have to earn goodwill on his own merits. He'll carry around baggage from being Doc Ock.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-22-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Oh!

Once again we get a Superior comic in which we never get to see Ock interact with Ollie Osnick.

-Pav, who hates a missed opportunity...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Oh!

Once again we get a Superior comic in which we never get to see Ock interact with Ollie Osnick.

-Pav, who hates a missed opportunity...
    Same. That's just lame.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Or anti-hero, I'm not advocating Otto become a straight-up villain again perish the thought. Otto being Superior Octopus would be better in a way because it would mean he can't hide behind the mantle of a, more or less, respected hero he'll have to earn goodwill on his own merits. He'll carry around baggage from being Doc Ock.
    At this point he might as well go back to being Superior Octopus, the cat's pretty much out of the bag. Just drop the Superior and be Doctor Octopus in that Superior costume.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    At this point he might as well go back to being Superior Octopus, the cat's pretty much out of the bag. Just drop the Superior and be Doctor Octopus in that Superior costume.
    I'd be okay with such a development.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I agree -- the Superior Octopus look was pretty great.

Also, I gotta ask: does anyone really give a fig about alt-Spider Osborn?

-Pav, who certainly doesn't...
    Honestly, it kind of feels like Spider-Geddon's primary reason for being was solely to set up this run on Superior (what with Otto being basically accepted by the other Spider-people because...reasons...and setting up Norman and Spiders-Man, only for them showing up just to mess with Otto). Which has been a real damp squib. And makes me dislike Spider-Geddon more.

I mean, I understand that 616 Norman was already being used for Absolute Carnage, but honestly creating a new version of him rings kind of hollow.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

The seed was kind of planted in ASM # 800 after Otto gets the free pass from Peter for saving Aunt May. I think later in that issue there was a short story showing Otto as Elliot Tolliver joining the staff of Horizon U, with the final panel of him half in the Superior costume (like they used to do the half mask to show spider-sense).

Mighty Member

While I'm bummed we only got 12 issues seemingly, I'm also grateful we got that much. This has been so much fun for me and it will go up among my favorite Spider-Series. While sales we'rent amazing I think they were good enough to make another volume a possibility. Here's hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    While I'm bummed we only got 12 issues seemingly, I'm also grateful we got that much. This has been so much fun for me and it will go up among my favorite Spider-Series. While sales we'rent amazing I think they were good enough to make another volume a possibility. Here's hoping!
    It's a solid DM seller and strong digital seller, so it's length is a planned thing. Pray for 2020? Gage did also say the next issue is the big one.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate