Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Am I the only one who didn’t like the MCU take on Spider-Man ?

Honestly. Am I the Only one who is HAPPY that Sony and Marvel have broken up ? Nothing against the diverse cast of MCU Spider-man and nothing against Tom Holland, but I am not the biggest fan of how the MCU has handled Spider-man as this entire story feels more like Miles morales tale than it does for Peter Parker’s.

I mean the majorly connected villains to the works of Iron Man, while in the comics they more individualist that took risk for their own personal gains. Yes there are some comics similarities to the MCU take on Vulture and Mysterio, but it seems more MCU than Spider-man focus in some areas.

Plus the constant REMINDERS THAT THESE FILMS ARE IN THE MCU AND HOW MUCH THEY FOUCS ON TONY STARK AND NOT PETER PARKER. They even used one of Spider-man earliest feats of strength moments for the MCU focused film.

And don’t get me started on the Spider-man suit in the MCU....

Plus the various REASONS behind the diverse casting and how we were denied any CLASSIC LOOKING SUPPORTING SPIDER-MAN CAST.

Oh and before I forget: MCU SPIDER-MAN BROKE THE TIMELINE OF THE OVERALL MCU.

Am I really the only one who thinks that maybe Miles Morales would have been a better fit for the MCU than Peter Parker in this case ?

Am I the only one who doesn’t like how the MCU handled SPider-man ?

As SPider-man fans what do you think of this. ?
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 08-21-2019 at 03:59 PM.

I'm happy MCU Spidey is (hopefully) dead. I hated the MCU take on Peter Parker and his "supporting cast".
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Even if you didn't care for the MCU's version of Spider-Man, The alternative (Sony trying to integrate him into their terrible attempt at a shared universe) is far worse.

honestly this is the only place where I see the most dislike for the mcu spidey although most of the reasoning against it seems silly i came to realize those silly things people take seriously when it comes to their interpretation of Spider-man so i cant fault them for that. U guys just better keep that same energy if Sony dont deliver
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member FeliciaSpidey's Avatar

I don't like mcu Spiderman, and am glad he's back in Sony, but I'm worried that finishing up mcu spiderman in this way will seriously damage the IP.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spencermalley935 View Post
    Even if you didn't care for the MCU's version of Spider-Man, The alternative (Sony trying to integrate him into their terrible attempt at a shared universe) is far worse.
    It’s like a real live OMD bargaining right here in this case.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FeliciaSpidey View Post
    I don't like mcu Spiderman, and am glad he's back in Sony, but I'm worried that finishing up mcu spiderman in this way will seriously damage the IP.
    After the debacle of the TASM movies, I'm honestly shocked by this statement.

I liked him and the villains but did not like the supporting characters

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Oh yeah, man. You were literally the only one not to like it. Get with the times!

Astonishing Member

You mean them being cancelled. Yeah it was a debacle.

It honestly amazes me at how people can claim to hate the MCU Spider-Man yet cheer for the very people who have fumbled the franchise twice now and were building a half-assed cinematic universe featuring numerous characters tied to Spider-Man with no Spider-Man as if they didn’t learn their lesson from the last time they tried to build a cinematic universe with ASM.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

To me compared to the Rami films and the Amazing Spider-Man films the MCU films are gold. I didn't love the idea of Peter being directly tied to Tony but other than that I loved everything about it. I loved Aunt May being younger, I loved this take on Ned being his best friend, I loved them focusing on a younger Peter still in high school. I am in no way excited to see Sony rebooting again or attempt to use this version outside of the MCU movies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It honestly amazes me at how people can claim to hate the MCU Spider-Man yet cheer for the very people who have fumbled the franchise twice now and were building a half-assed cinematic universe featuring numerous characters tied to Spider-Man with no Spider-Man as if they didn’t learn their lesson from the last time they tried to build a cinematic universe with ASM.
    MCU was the half-assed version. It was a brand new movie with characters named after Spider-Man characters.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    MCU was the half-assed version. It was a brand new movie with characters named after Spider-Man characters.
    You are aware that that was Sony who did that right?

Not that I have great faith in Sony, but I personally never cared for the “Iron Boy” version of Spider-Man that was depicted in the MCU. Yet now it strikes me... maybe Disney took that approach specifically because of the rights issues. If Spider-Man is inextricably tied to the MCU, it makes it extremely difficult or even impossible for Sony to continue the continuity with an independent Tom Holland movie. It also stokes casual fan outrage when the character is divorced from the continuity - as now a lot of people see Spider-Man as essentially Iron Man’s sidekick.

Also, by giving MCU Peter so many of Miles characteristics, it kind of stymies Sony from just doing a Miles Morales reboot. If they present a new Spider-Man with a chubby Asian nerd best friend who attends an elite NYC speciality high-school, it will seem derivative - even though that’s Miles’ original story.

Were these creative decisions, which I found questionable, actually 4D chess moves by Disney? /tinfoilhat
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!