Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Am I the only one who didn’t like the MCU take on Spider-Man ?

Honestly. Am I the Only one who is HAPPY that Sony and Marvel have broken up ? Nothing against the diverse cast of MCU Spider-man and nothing against Tom Holland, but I am not the biggest fan of how the MCU has handled Spider-man as this entire story feels more like Miles morales tale than it does for Peter Parker’s.

I mean the majorly connected villains to the works of Iron Man, while in the comics they more individualist that took risk for their own personal gains. Yes there are some comics similarities to the MCU take on Vulture and Mysterio, but it seems more MCU than Spider-man focus in some areas.

Plus the constant REMINDERS THAT THESE FILMS ARE IN THE MCU AND HOW MUCH THEY FOUCS ON TONY STARK AND NOT PETER PARKER. They even used one of Spider-man earliest feats of strength moments for the MCU focused film.

And don’t get me started on the Spider-man suit in the MCU....

Plus the various REASONS behind the diverse casting and how we were denied any CLASSIC LOOKING SUPPORTING SPIDER-MAN CAST.

Oh and before I forget: MCU SPIDER-MAN BROKE THE TIMELINE OF THE OVERALL MCU.

Am I really the only one who thinks that maybe Miles Morales would have been a better fit for the MCU than Peter Parker in this case ?

Am I the only one who doesn’t like how the MCU handled SPider-man ?

As SPider-man fans what do you think of this. ?
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 08-21-2019 at 03:59 PM.

I'm happy MCU Spidey is (hopefully) dead. I hated the MCU take on Peter Parker and his "supporting cast".
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Even if you didn't care for the MCU's version of Spider-Man, The alternative (Sony trying to integrate him into their terrible attempt at a shared universe) is far worse.

honestly this is the only place where I see the most dislike for the mcu spidey although most of the reasoning against it seems silly i came to realize those silly things people take seriously when it comes to their interpretation of Spider-man so i cant fault them for that. U guys just better keep that same energy if Sony dont deliver
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member FeliciaSpidey's Avatar

I don't like mcu Spiderman, and am glad he's back in Sony, but I'm worried that finishing up mcu spiderman in this way will seriously damage the IP.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FeliciaSpidey View Post
    I don't like mcu Spiderman, and am glad he's back in Sony, but I'm worried that finishing up mcu spiderman in this way will seriously damage the IP.
    After the debacle of the TASM movies, I'm honestly shocked by this statement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spencermalley935 View Post
    Even if you didn't care for the MCU's version of Spider-Man, The alternative (Sony trying to integrate him into their terrible attempt at a shared universe) is far worse.
    It’s like a real live OMD bargaining right here in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Honestly. Am I the Only one who is HAPPY that Sony and Marvel have broken up ? Nothing against the diverse cast of MCU Spider-man and nothing against Tom Holland, but I am not the biggest fan of how the MCU has handled Spider-man as this entire story feels more like Miles morales tale than it does for Peter Parker’s.

I mean the majorly connected villains to the works of Iron Man, while in the comics they more individualist that took risk for their own personal gains. Yes there are some comics similarities to the MCU take on Vulture and Mysterio, but it seems more MCU than Spider-man focus in some areas.

Plus the constant REMINDERS THAT THESE FILMS ARE IN THE MCU AND HOW MUCH THEY FOUCS ON TONY STARK AND NOT PETER PARKER. They even used one of Spider-man earliest feats of strength moments for the MCU focused film.

And don’t get me started on the Spider-man suit in the MCU....

Plus the various REASONS behind the diverse casting and how we were denied any CLASSIC LOOKING SUPPORTING SPIDER-MAN CAST.

Oh and before I forget: MCU SPIDER-MAN BROKE THE TIMELINE OF THE OVERALL MCU.

Am I really the only one who thinks that maybe Miles Morales would have been a better fit for the MCU than Peter Parker in this case ?

Am I the only one who doesn’t like how the MCU handled SPider-man ?

As SPider-man fans what do you think of this. ?
    You are not alone. I for one detest the idea that they presented Peter Parker as some sort of Iron Man fanboy.