Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I feel like we watched completely different films.
    1) Peter still developed web fluid, shooters, and the aperture lenses on his mask in the MCU
    2) He beat Vulture at the end of Homecoming in his old costume without the use of StarkTech
    3) He beats Mysterio in Far From Home relying on nothing but his Spider-Sense

I don't know where this whole "he relies too much on Iron Man" junk comes from, but it's demonstrably false.
    Because aside from the 'onesie' and his original webshooters every piece of gear he has came from Stark. And he took some hits from the drones in the final fight with Mysterio that if it was not for what was obviously an armored suit made by the Stark machine on the Stark plane he would be dead.

The gear that comes from Stark are all superfluous items. Drones? An AI? Iron Spider arms? Never really been what Spider-Man is about anyway. That was the whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And he took some hits from the drones in the final fight with Mysterio that if it was not for what was obviously an armored suit made by the Stark machine on the Stark plane he would be dead.
    Come on, he got hit by a speeding bullet train like 45 minutes earlier in the film, while wearing the not-at-all armored SHIELD "Night Monkey" outfit at that. The EDITH drones in no way topped the damage from that.

In the final confrontation Peter wasn't shown centering himself and besting Mysterio with super advanced armor - it was his innate spider-sense abilities that clearly helped him overcome the illusions and win the day. Trying to say anything else just makes me feel someone is looking for ways to misrepresent how the MCU handled the character.
    Last edited by Zeitgeist; 09-15-2019 at 07:51 AM.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

BANNED

Well i'm bring back this thread to express my disappointment over the newly reborn deal between Sony and Marvel/Disney, but if it leads to Disney ending Spider-man time in the MCU on their terms and dropping him into Sony's Spider-verse, then I'm all for it if they make it like an alternate dimension of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Well i'm bring back this thread to express my disappointment over the newly reborn deal between Sony and Marvel/Disney, but if it leads to Disney ending Spider-man time in the MCU on their terms and dropping him into Sony's Spider-verse, then I'm all for it if they make it like an alternate dimension of sorts.