Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Independent

42 59.15%
  • It's a bat-team

29 40.85%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default the Outsiders and the Bat connection

simply question; do you see The Outsiders as a DC team or a Batman team? more importantly, should DC continue heavily associating The Outsiders with Batman or should it be developed more independently as it's own entity within the DC landscape?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I think it’s a Batman team, I mean there first ever series was called Batman and the Outsiders. The team has over the years either worked for Batman or someone else in the batfamily like Nightwing, Cassandra Cain, or Alfred.

Yes it’s true they can work outside of Batman and have had series without him in it, and I think perhaps there should be a question if Batman should be on the team or not but I think it’s pretty plain to see that they have deep connections to Batman whether people like it or not.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

DC should move the Outsiders towards independence and expand the roster with old and new characters.

Incredible Member

I mean it's a Batperson team and has been for all its volumes lmao, but I'd LIKE for it to become more independent. DC kinda needs some more teams without "Justice" or "Titans" in the name and Outsiders would do well to be a more street level/mid tier level team. And the original premise of them doing stuff without JL politics constraining them is a decent hook, though some writers would probably take it too far and have them become more like antiheroes if that was the sole premise.

I liked the original connection to Bats, but they should operate independently after formation--as they get rid of him as "team leader" and even a member.

Although, he can occasionally join on missions or meet-up wth them unexpectedly when they go to locations on missions.

Boisterously Confused

I'm normally anti-anything that perpetuates the Batgod's reach. However, I always liked the idea that Batman had a strikeforce, as long as Batman's allowed to have deficiencies for them to cover. I also like the idea of a group that more street-level than what you get with the JL.

Extraordinary Member

I think a Bat character should be on the team, but not Bruce.

Both? I think it's connected to Batman and the Bat-Franchise to some extent, but it can definitely be it's own thing.

Mighty Member

If a title can sell independently without the aid of a big three, or a big three related character, I think that is best.

DC has a history of putting a big three related character in a book to help it sell. The Legion started out as Superboy & the Legion of Super Heroes, Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League Dark currently has Wonder Woman in it. I'm not a fan of this because I find that the big three character crowds out the development of the other heroes, unless they are used marginally. It's almost like a superhero team comic having its training wheels on.

So if the Outsiders can sell independently than no Batman.

I say no to Batman but either Batwoman connected or Independent

Boisterously Confused

While I'm on record saying I prefer Batman being involved, I'd add a point of nuance to it: The Outsiders should absolutely undertake operations without him from time to time.

I prefer that Batman or Nightwing lead the team but there are currently too many other Bat-family members on the team for my taste. I'd prefer that one of them be dropped.

well, considering this was a discussion about the Outsiders place in the DC universe and it's been relegated to the Batman section, looks like I have the mods' answer.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

It's Batman's team but it's not necessarily a Bat-family team

I've always liked the idea of them being a team that Batman's either apart of or watches over...but without having the same kind of influence that he has over the Batfamily. Like, they're technically his team but they're also fully capable of operating without him and don't necessarily take orders from him.