Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Even if current books are not as enjoyable (pre-Hickman because House/Powers of X is fireeee), there are so many books in X-Men history I can find and read and enjoy.

Yeah. I can never picture 'quitting'. How would I quit? All the good stories ARE still there.

All-New Member

I’ve quit the line twice. Once in the mid 90’s through the beginning of Morrison’s run and then cold turkey post-Whedon through AvX.

I’ll always be a fan but when things become creatively stagnant I take a break.

I’ve read the X-men since the early 90’s when I was around 10 or 11 years old. I have quit them a few times over the years but like a Phoenix I keep coming. Even when I’m not reading or buying I would keep up with them online.

I’ve been on the various x-men message boards since I was a teenager and I’m 37 now. Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    How long have you been an X-fan?
    I suppose since my brother bought the issue where Storm, Wolverine,… were introduced. It's the oldest I remember. I have always been a fan of good comics well-written with a lot of drama.
    Have you ever thought about quitting or do you know people who quit?
    I have stopped reading when my brother stopped buying in the middle of the first encounter between Proteus and the X-men. During a long time, I haven't known how it ended. Well, I supposed…

I re-started reading when my brother bought "A Sword is drawn" I stopped reading again when he stopped buying.

I re-started reading X-men comics with the movies "First Class" and "Days of Future Past": it revived my interest. No longer my brother was involved.

Do you think you are going to read them until you die? what keeps you here?
    No, I don't think so. It's the characteristic of passions to be fleeting things. I cannot stop loving but for a fire to be alight, it needs fuel. The direction of X-men comics is not the one I like. The most important things in life are not complicated to understand, they are just complicated to live. I like my authors with a big heart and a great experience of life: I have something to learn from them.
    What keeps me there? Sometimes I read something that interests me…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Amazing Member

Started Reading in 1990 collected almost all the x titles up to the destruction of the titles by Disney during the Fox Disney fights. I still followed what happened Just didn't buy during the horrible period they were trying to promote the Inhumans (who i hate across the board). Started buying again once the merger was announced and everyone was coming back to life

I will collect and or follow till I die

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Thinking about backing out now. I hate this segregationist bullshit the mutants are espousing, and as a proud Cyclops mark of 33 years, his creepy characterization was upsetting to me. I can deal with Scott the authoritarian, Scott the terrorist, and Scott the philandering husband, but I gotta draw the line at Scott the creepy cultist.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Thinking about backing out now. I hate this segregationist bullshit the mutants are espousing, and as a proud Cyclops mark of 33 years, his creepy characterization was upsetting to me. I can deal with Scott the authoritarian, Scott the terrorist, and Scott the philandering husband, but I gotta draw the line at Scott the creepy cultist.
    If it makes you feel better, all the signs are there that Charles is just mind controlling all of the X-Men outside of Magneto. So I'd at least wait to see how HoX/PoX wrap up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I can deal with Scott the authoritarian, Scott the terrorist, and Scott the philandering husband.

That makes one of us.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I started reading buying UXM in 1982.
    I quit buying/reading cold turkey when Fraction started his run...UXM 500...2008
    I came back with Woods' (all-female) X-Men...but was very discerning with what I was buying X-wise from then 'til now.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-23-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I’ve read the X-men since the early 90’s when I was around 10 or 11 years old. I have quit them a few times over the years but like a Phoenix I keep coming. Even when I’m not reading or buying I would keep up with them online.

I’ve been on the various x-men message boards since I was a teenager and I’m 37 now. Yikes!
    I replied earlier from my phone while I was at work. I wanted to expand some. The first time I quit the X-men was sometime in the mid 90's. I came back right in time for Kitty, Colossus, and Nightcrawler to rejoin the team (was that around 1998 or so?). The next time I quit for awhile was right before the Avengers vs X-men Phoenix five stuff. I got tired of waiting for Jean Grey to return and after Morrison and Whedon I just was not enjoying the X-men.

I came back during the middle of the 05 being brought back. I had heard about Teen Jean and when I finally read her stories I felt she was the real Jean and not an alternate reality character. I then collected the trades and started collecting with the teen Jean solo and the Iceman solo. I've been back ever since and I am loving HOX/POX so far.