Default Questions regarding Animal Man *spoilers I guess*

So I've finished Morrison's Animal Man. This run was the first time I'd read an Animal Man solo run.
    I must say it's amazing...my jaw dropped towards the end of the run.
    Question: is Morrison being part of the DCU still canon?
    Question2: is Buddy still conscious of the fact that he's a comic book character?

Subsequently, I had decided to read Lemire's N52, while I liked how brutal it was and the execution such as the Rot and the crossovers with Swamp Thing, I didn't like all the gore.
    I like his classic suit more.
    Anyways, is N52 Animal Man run still the same post-Rebirth/currently?

Yup, Morrison shows up in Ostrander's Suicide Squad a few years later, in addition to potentially being one of the Seven Tailors of Slaughter Swamp in Seven Soldiers. Fans interpreted those as the seven creators who wrote themselves into continuity.

Buddy's knowledge of the fourth wall hasn't been addressed since, barring a few lines in a JLA annual in the later '90s.

The Rebirth book seems to still be canon. At any rate Buddy still has that outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Yup, Morrison shows up in Ostrander's Suicide Squad a few years later, in addition to potentially being one of the Seven Tailors of Slaughter Swamp in Seven Soldiers. Fans interpreted those as the seven creators who wrote themselves into continuity.

Buddy's knowledge of the fourth wall hasn't been addressed since, barring a few lines in a JLA annual in the later '90s.

The Rebirth book seems to still be canon. At any rate Buddy still has that outfit.
    Thanks man!
    Much appreciated!