Default Appearances of Thomas Wayne as Flashpoint Batman

I liked Thomas Wayne's appearance as Batman in Flashpoint. If I recall correctly, he appeared briefly in the main Flashpoint series (The one covering the main story of what was happening to the DC Universe), his own three or four issue side series about who The Joker is in that Batman's timeline, and then he may have had a cameo somewhere (Convergence?) where he delivered Lois and Clark's baby. That last one may have been a different Thomas Wayne though, and the delivery was erased from the timeline by Superman: Reborn anyway when New 52 Superman and Rebirth Superman merged and retroactively created a single past where things didn't happen that way.

After that, I know Thomas Wayne Batman appeared in The Button, a crossover between The Flash amd Batman, and I remember reading Dark Metal, but I can't remember if he was in it or not.

Where else have we seen Thomas Wayne as Batman? I don't read Bat comics regularly, but I've heard they are doing some interesting things with him. So if anyone can give me some book names and issue numbers (Or names of trades- I can figure out one from the other) I can use to follow along with Thomas Wayne Batman's story, I'd appreciate that. Plus, it'll be here for other readers with the same question to find or be pointed toward when they are wondering in the future.

My library has a thing where I can check out a lot of the DC Comics trades from recent years for free (Presumably the library pays Warner Brothers something through the company that handles that), so I figured why not take advantage of it and read some stuff I otherwise probably wouldn't.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The Convergence Thomas Wayne is from New 52 Earth 2

I also want to know, and more importantly, if his characterization now fits Flashpoint

The Flashpoint Batman currently appearing in the Batman books feels nothing like the one from the actual Flashpoint. If you actually likes that version of Thomas Wayne, I greatly advise against reading King's run. Then again, I great advise against reading King's run in any case, because while it has its raving fans, it is absolutely one of the worst things ever done to the whole Batman corner of the DCU.

Which issue of which book did Flashpoint Batman first appear in after The Button? Does one just keep reading from whatever issue that appearance is in of whatever book its in onward issue by issue to catch all his appearances? Or does he take long breaks where he isn't in it for a while and/or appear in multiple books?

He first appeared again in Batman in the reveal last panel of the failed wedding issue. People were surprised and speculating if it's actually Thomas or not back then.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The Convergence Thomas Wayne is from New 52 Earth 2

I also want to know, and more importantly, if his characterization now fits Flashpoint
    Man I haven't re-read that in a long long time ... is it the case then that it's N52 Earth-2 Thomas that was the doctor who delivered Jon Kent, not the Flashpoint Earth-0 Thomas? Were they both in that story? I feel like Flashpoint Thomas was in that story.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Man I haven't re-read that in a long long time ... is it the case then that it's N52 Earth-2 Thomas that was the doctor who delivered Jon Kent, not the Flashpoint Earth-0 Thomas? Were they both in that story? I feel like Flashpoint Thomas was in that story.
    Oh. Gosh. I forgot... Wait... Lemme check...

Yes! The one who delivered Jon was Flashpoint Thomas!

F*** this. This is so confusing XD

So yeah. both of them are in Convergence, they just don't appear in the same story

Flashpoint Thomas was in Convergence Superman while the refugees of New 52 Earth 2 which include their Thomas Wayne, Alan Scott, and Dick Grayson were in the main series Convergence.

It seems very strange that both Thomas and Jor-El are both around. Somebody in editorial has daddy issues?