Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Default Linda Park Appreciation Thread 2019

Here is a brand new appreciation thread for the greatest of the greatest : Linda Park.

Created by Messner-Loebs, she used to be the Flash's wife and a fantastic character.

In a few weeks, DC is finally bringing her back, at least on a variant cover, and she's wonderful :

https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteIm...L130188?type=1

Astonishing Member

This is probably inappropriate for an 'Appreciation' thread -- though I do feel these should just be discussion threads -- and not strictly positive or negative.

Anywho, was never a fan of the character. She seemed kinda pushy and high-maintenance. Way back in the Perez era of Titans, I though Frances Kane and Wally made a nice couple, but that was before she became Magenta and became a wack job.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    This is probably inappropriate for an 'Appreciation' thread -- though I do feel these should just be discussion threads -- and not strictly positive or negative.

Anywho, was never a fan of the character. She seemed kinda pushy and high-maintenance. Way back in the Perez era of Titans, I though Frances Kane and Wally made a nice couple, but that was before she became Magenta and became a wack job.
    Pretty sure posting this kind of thing in an appreciation thread is against the rules. We have a controversial opinion thread you can post this in.

Astonishing Member

New-52 Linda isn't the same person.

Astonishing Member

There's no such thing as New 52 Linda. She didn't appear until the Rebirth 1 shot.

Also I do love Linda but I'm not sure there's enough reason for her to have a separate thread outside the Wally one, since she's purely a Wally supporting character.

Linda is a great character, I was really invested in her character and relationship with Wally, and her treatment with New 52 is just one of many reasons why I hated it.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Linda's up there with Diane Belmont as my favorite partner in all of comics.

Heard Linda appeared in Lobdell's Flash Forward. How was she written?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Heard Linda appeared in Lobdell's Flash Forward. How was she written?
    It was a single page and she was basically just there to remind us she exists. Didn't really do anything besides try to get Wally to open up, but he rebuffed her because she wasn't doing it out of love but curiosity.

Last edited by Güicho; 09-24-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Last edited by Güicho; 09-24-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Astonishing Member

One of my favorite animation/comic tropes is the daughter having the dad's looks and the son having the mom's. I don't know why but there's something about that cross symmetry that appeals to me. Maybe because it helps to avoid mini-me situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    One of my favorite animation/comic tropes is the daughter having the dad's looks and the son having the mom's. I don't know why but there's something about that cross symmetry that appeals to me. Maybe because it helps to avoid mini-me situations.
    Not really something I've put much thought into but cool when you put it that way .