Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

At this point, the best move for Sony is to continue with the Tom Holland Spider-Man, and remove any references to Marvel characters.

Another reboot would be excessive. The first ASM was hurt by the way it repeated so many beats from earlier films, so it's better for Sony to continue with the big cliffhanger of their biggest international hit ever.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I don’t know where all this Sony hate came from. Some could argue that they’ve been more faithful with their interpretation of the character then Disneymarvel. This isn’t a knock on the MCU Spider-Man because I did enjoy it. However my enjoyment was directed more at how amazing Tom Holland is in the role rather then the actual character and material he has to work with.

What has the MCU really done for the essence of the character of Spider-Man? I understand that the movies were successful and raked in a ton of money. They essentially turned him into a second fiddle super hero who’s cast as Iron mans sidekick rather then the most well known, popular and successful hero that Marvel’s ever had. Don’t get me wrong I enjoyed the movies and his appearances. I do under stand the dislike that the MCU version gets though. The general audience seems to enjoy that version more so then more well versed Spider-Man fans. Tom Holland however for the most part has absolutely flourished in the role. He manages to steal every single scene that he’s a part of.

In some ways maybe this split is for the best. Spider-Man gets to break free and hopefully actually star in his own movie much like he did in FFH. They can development a more confident and experienced Spider-Man. You don’t necessarily need to reboot or have an origin or anything of the sort. What they need above all else is to keep Tom Holland because he’s the key to making this work. The kid is just a special kind of actor that seems to have a genuine enthusiasm about playing the role.
    Last edited by RD155; 08-26-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    There looks to be too much hate and resentment out there in the media that Spiderman is leaving the MCU, Sony is getting demolished and spitted on. I sadly think any new spiderman movie even if it turns out great like the oringal Raimi movies would be trashed by critics and will be dragged down as some kind of payback for spiderman leaving the MCU. The bias to MCU is not only true,its about to get ugly. Sony reboot Spiderman is going to have to work 4x as hard to get half of the ''good reviews'' that MCU Spiderman got. Anyone else agrees?
    That's where you're wrong, kiddo. All Sony needs to do is green-light Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4 with Tobey Macguire. An adaption of Kraven's Last Hunt would be most appropriate, I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I don’t know where all this Sony hate came from. Some could argue that they’ve been more faithful with their interpretation of the character then Disneymarvel. This isn’t a knock on the MCU Spider-Man because I did enjoy it. However my enjoyment was directed more at how amazing Tom Holland is in the role rather then the actual character and material he has to work with.

What has the MCU really done for the essence of the character of Spider-Man? I understand that the movies were successful and raked in a ton of money. They essentially turned him into a second fiddle super hero who’s cast as Iron mans sidekick rather then the most well known, popular and successful hero that Marvel’s ever had. Don’t get me wrong I enjoyed the movies and his appearances. I do under stand the dislike that the MCU version gets though. The general audience seems to enjoy that version more so then more well versed Spider-Man fans. Tom Holland however for the most part has absolutely flourished in the role. He manages to steal every single scene that he’s a part of.

In some ways maybe this split is for the best. Spider-Man gets to break free and hopefully actually star in his own movie much like he did in FFH. They can development a more confident and experienced Spider-Man. You don’t necessarily need to reboot or have an origin or anything of the sort. What they need above all else is to keep Tom Holland because he’s the key to making this work. The kid is just a special kind of actor that seems to have a genuine enthusiasm about playing the role.
    Literally none of that requires a split to happen considering that was literally the entire point of Far From Home. It left off on a cliffhanger but had put in in the position where he had to step up, not to become the next Iron Man but to become a strong and confident hero all his own. It was the whole reason why they even had him design his own costume, it wasn’t just something that Tony handed to him, but something that he created with specs of his choice. The first movie was about him realizing that he didn’t need all the fancy toys because the hero was always there and the second was about him finally stepping up in his own 2 feet. It’s essentially the prospect of growing from a boy to a man and I really think the direction that took Peter in next now that his identity is out there would’ve been something truly interesting to see.

I don’t know where all this Sony hate came from.
    Spider-Man 3? The ASM movies? The revelation of their MO in the email hacks? The inferior quality of Venom to the MCU Spidey movies? Take your pick.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

If Sony are going to keep Tom Holland, they will need to be accurate on his dialogue. Everyone will be criticising the smallest detail i.e. MCU Spidey would never say that!

Why not leave it for a couple of years and let this Spidey age a bit? That way, Sony in some ways don't have to worry about the other MCU Characters in Peter's life? They can't start again surely, that would be too confusing for the mainstream audience?

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Spider-Man 3? The ASM movies? The inferior quality of Venom to the MCU Spidey movies? Take your pick.

The sony hate is coming from the Disney camp.

The revelation of their MO in the email hacks?

Any worse revelations by some of the nightmare directors have working in the MCU?

The inferior quality of Venom to the MCU Spidey movies? Take your pick.
    Expect a significant amount of people did not see that away, if anything it only raised more doubts how the mcu movies gets ''good reviews'' and Venom didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinlock51 View Post
    If Sony are going to keep Tom Holland, they will need to be accurate on his dialogue. Everyone will be criticising the smallest detail i.e. MCU Spidey would never say that!

Why not leave it for a couple of years and let this Spidey age a bit? That way, Sony in some ways don't have to worry about the other MCU Characters in Peter's life? They can't start again surely, that would be too confusing for the mainstream audience?
    They should get rid of Holland. Holland belongs on a live action Disney TV channel show. Sony needs to loosely base the next spiderman film from Spiderman PS4 or make the long awaited Spiderman 4.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Twinlock51 View Post
    The same screenwriters will be working on the third film. They are signed on.

The dialogue will be different on account of the fact that Holland Peter will now have to say sentences without "Mr. Stark" in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The same screenwriters will be working on the third film. They are signed on.

The dialogue will be different on account of the fact that Holland Peter will now have to say sentences without "Mr. Stark" in them.
    I didn’t realised that, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Spider-Man 3? The ASM movies? The revelation of their MO in the email hacks? The inferior quality of Venom to the MCU Spidey movies? Take your pick.
    Spider-Man 3 was awful. I wont defend that. I enjoyed the ASM movies so I’ll leave it at that. Ironically IVe heard generally positive things about the Venom movie. It gathered a nice cult following and Tom Hardy was fantastic. The Spider-Man portrayed in the ASM movies is more faithful to the comic book counterpart then the MCU version. I don’t even dislike the MCU version. Like I’ve mentioned before, I did enjoy it to an extent. Homecoming was average to me. They regressed the character of Spider-Man so much in that movie. I’m not even sure he won a single fight in that film. I understand making him the “relatable” everyman but that movie took it to an extreme with how weak powerless and incompetent he was portrayed. Having him constantly do stupid things for the sake of comedic relief just isnT my thing. He was presented as nothing more then Iron Mans lackey at times. Just not my cup of tea.

I can’t say enough good things about Tom Holland though. The kid is magic and Im hoping he sticks around.
    Last edited by RD155; 08-27-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Im not faulting anyone for loving the MCU version of the character To each their own. I just feel its not a faithful representation of the character. In my opinion Holland makes it work because he’s that good. If I had my pick for any version of the character being brought to the big screen it would be the PS4 version lol. Honestly that version stands head and heels above the rest and it’s not even close. Would love for them to use that version as a reference for future movies.

Spider-Man 3 was awful. I wont defend that. I enjoyed the ASM movies so I’ll leave it at that. Ironically IVe heard generally positive things about the Venom movie. It gathered a nice cult following and Tom Hardy was fantastic. The Spider-Man portrayed in the ASM movies is more faithful to the comic book counterpart then the MCU version. I don’t even dislike the MCU version. Like I’ve mentioned before, I did enjoy it to an extent. Homecoming was average to me. They regressed the character of Spider-Man so much in that movie. I’m not even sure he won a single fight in that film. I understand making him the “relatable” everyman but that movie took it to an extreme with how weak powerless and incompetent he was portrayed. Having him constantly do stupid things for the sake of comedic relief just isnT my thing. He was presented as nothing more then Iron Mans lackey at times. Just not my cup of tea.

I can’t say enough good things about Tom Holland though. The kid is magic and Im hoping he sticks around.
    I can’t really agree that ASM was more accurate to the character. They may have gotten the quips down but this was a Spider-Man who stole from Oscorp (even stealing someone else’s intern spot), was a stalker towards Gwen, willingly put civilians in danger by showing off, quit being Spider-Man for a year in a world where he’s the only hero and is ready to up and abandon New York and those who need him for a girl (again, in a world where he’s the only hero) and it’s meant to be a romantic gesture. There may be criticism towards Holland’s Spider-Man but you could at least see that they were grooming him to become his own hero from his solo outings. Garfield’s Spider-Man, was just flawed from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I can’t really agree that ASM was more accurate to the character. They may have gotten the quips down but this was a Spider-Man who stole from Oscorp (even stealing someone else’s intern spot), was a stalker towards Gwen, willingly put civilians in danger by showing off, quit being Spider-Man for a year in a world where he’s the only hero and is ready to up and abandon New York and those who need him for a girl (again, in a world where he’s the only hero) and it’s meant to be a romantic gesture. There may be criticism towards Holland’s Spider-Man but you could at least see that they were grooming him to become his own hero from his solo outings. Garfield’s Spider-Man, was just flawed from the get go.
    The quit being Spider-Man is an angle that’s happened so often in so many variations of the character. Doesn’t bother me. The other issues didn’t bother me as well but I guess I could see some bothering people. To me the essence of the character just seemed more true then then MCU version. The portrayal of him being so incompetent just gets really old after the first 30 mins of homecoming. Honestly it all comes down to personal preference. I personally feel Homecoming was average and the “Mr.Stark” this and “Mr stark” that just gets irritating . I don’t envision the character of Spider-Man as Iron Mans trusty sidekick. Again though I guess everyone has a different view on how the character should act. I loved FFH though mainly because there were less Stark references and the action sequences were absolutely amazing. Another issue with Homecoming was out unimaginative and stale the action was.
    Last edited by RD155; 08-27-2019 at 07:48 AM.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    They should get rid of Holland. Holland belongs on a live action Disney TV channel show. Sony needs to loosely base the next spiderman film from Spiderman PS4 or make the long awaited Spiderman 4.
    Spider-Man 4 will never be seen outside of a comic adaptation if ever. It’s been a decade plus since then and we’ve had two reboots and an animated feature. The modern audience knows 4 Spider-Men; Holland, Garfield, Maguire, and Moore. Holland and Moore are actually relevant and successful to today’s audience. There is no sense capping a series that has been defunct since 2007 and for all intents and purposes finished.

Spider-Man PS4 also has a comic adaptation. If for whatever reason someone can’t get a copy, you can easily read it. Sure you could loosely base it off it, but that’s an adaptation of an adaptation that most people have not only seen, those who haven’t can readily see it on YouTube or read it on the cheap or free.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.