Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Any new Sony Spider-Man reboot will suffer

There looks to be too much hate and resentment out there in the media that Spiderman is leaving the MCU, Sony is getting demolished and spitted on. I sadly think any new spiderman movie even if it turns out great like the oringal Raimi movies would be trashed by critics and will be dragged down as some kind of payback for spiderman leaving the MCU. The bias to MCU is not only true,its about to get ugly. Sony reboot Spiderman is going to have to work 4x as hard to get half of the ''good reviews'' that MCU Spiderman got. Anyone else agrees?

not if they identify what the audience actually wants to see. so far, it doesn't seem as if they have a clue. i don't need a crystal ball to come to the conclusion that Morbius isn't going to light the box office up. and wtf were they thinking when they put that red wig on Woody Harrelson? there are a lot of dumb people making dumb unforced errors with these properties. i don't think Marvel studios would have made these same mistakes.

Astonishing Member

I hate the idea of another reboot. I think it’s official that everyone does. Even people that didn’t like MCU Spidey.

BANNED

I think things will be worked out between Sony and Marvel - at least enough to have the rest of Tom Holland's tenure as Spidey play out.

If so, there won't so much public animosity when they eventually reboot.

As much as I like having Spidey in the MCU, I think Sony can do just fine with him on their own - if they make the right creative decisions.

Of course, that's a very big if. But it could happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    There looks to be too much hate and resentment out there in the media that Spiderman is leaving the MCU, Sony is getting demolished and spitted on. I sadly think any new spiderman movie even if it turns out great like the oringal Raimi movies would be trashed by critics and will be dragged down as some kind of payback for spiderman leaving the MCU.
    People said the same thing about Venom. The Lethal Protector swallowed cash with his tentacles instead.

Anyone else agrees?
    A fun and good movie will work regardless of what anyone says. The MCU online cult hated on Fox as well and yet when Deadpool and Logan came, heck Days of Future Past even, people loved those films and enjoyed them. People hated Xmen Days of Future Past because it had Quicksilver and that version competed against the character in the Avengers.

Then people ended up preferring the X-Men version of Quicksilver to the one in Age of Ultron (a movie that Disney considered a loss despite earning $1bn).

And everyone loves Into the Spider-Verse, and everyone talked about how Sony should keep the rights since Disney would never have made a movie like that.

All Sony need to do is put out another Spider-Verse movie with Miles and Spider-Gwen and people will get back in line. ITSV's Miles is a far more beloved figure than Tom Holland's Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    not if they identify what the audience actually wants to see. so far, it doesn't seem as if they have a clue. i don't need a crystal ball to come to the conclusion that Morbius isn't going to light the box office up. and wtf were they thinking when they put that red wig on Woody Harrelson? there are a lot of dumb people making dumb unforced errors with these properties. i don't think Marvel studios would have made these same mistakes.
    Sony pretty much showed that they haven’t got a clue when they decided to make a cinematic universe around Spider-Man properties without Spider-Man to the point of reaching into C and D-listers. It didn’t take a genius to realize Venom would make money but really, what audiences are asking for a Morbius or Kraven the Hunter solo movie? Morbius can barely hold down a solo comic and Kraven is a rogue, not one you base a movie around. They seem to do a lot of putting the cart before the horse.

another reboot for Peter will hurt but if they reboot with Miles in mind it will be fresh and make it easier for people to forget about Peter although Sony is trying so many things like stiff with Black Cat and Silver Sable, Kraven, I heard they wanted to do a sinister six movie they are going to try anything since the Spider-man world alone has over 500 plus characters
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I don't believe it will suffer and be dragged by critics cause it's removed from MCU, but it will be financially disappointing compared to the last two that came before it, especially the $1 billion club entry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    People said the same thing about Venom. The Lethal Protector swallowed cash with his tentacles instead.
    It may have been a fluke, but the goofy duo in that movie made a better impression than expected with their antics, and the tagline "The world has too many heroes" may have tricked more people into believing that hokey film is attached in a way to MCU.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I don't believe it will suffer and be dragged by critics cause it's removed from MCU, but it will be financially disappointing compared to the last two that came before it, especially the $1 billion club entry.
    Aquaman made $1bn thanks to some smart number-fu distributing internationally. Not saying anyone can make $1bn but that number means less these days than when Titanic did it in the '90s. The majority of grosses of any Hollywood movie will always be the US grosses. Spider-Man making $1bn sounds impressive but Black Panther making $1bn on its own with $700mn US grosses was a much bigger profit than a movie with some $380mn US grosses.

Just make a movie that will be do super-well in the US, and Sony won't have to worry much.

It may have been a fluke, but the goofy duo in that movie made a better impression than expected with their antics, and the tagline "The world has too many heroes" may have tricked more people into believing that hokey film is attached in a way to MCU.
    Well the MCU tricked people into thinkings it's character called Peter Parker was faithful to the comics...

People have a right to their tricks.

Astonishing Member

Who's to say it would have to be a reboot?

Depending on the contracts, they might be able to carry on making Homecoming/Far From Home sequels that simply don't feature or reference other Marvel properties.

Well the MCU tricked people into thinkings it's character called Peter Parker was faithful to the comics...

People have a right to their tricks.
    I dont think any comic book movie had a one for one depiction of the character from the comics they were made from. and which writer version of the character should any of these movie be faithful to and even if one was 100% faithful would that even be a good thing?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I dont think any comic book movie had a one for one depiction of the character from the comics they were made from. and which writer version of the character should any of these movie be faithful to and even if one was 100% faithful would that even be a good thing?
    Agreed. Fox, Sony, Disney, it doesn’t matter who, none of them have been 100% faithful. If you thought that would be the case here or anywhere else at this point, you have no one else to blame but yourself.

Amazing Member

All Sony need to do is put out another Spider-Verse movie with Miles and Spider-Gwen and people will get back in line. ITSV's Miles is a far more beloved figure than Tom Holland's Peter.
    Now, this would be a perfect Merriam-Webster example under the definition of "Hyperbole".

Yes, ITSV made Miles more popular in general, not more popular than Peter Parker nor the MCU version of him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCampy89 View Post
    Now, this would be a perfect Merriam-Webster example under the definition of "Hyperbole".

Yes, ITSV made Miles more popular in general, not more popular than Peter Parker nor the MCU version of him.
    I said beloved rather than popular. Difference my dude, difference.

In my experience of things, ITSV Miles is more loved than Holland's Peter. And who can measure love?

Man, I hate that I keep getting tricked into liking movies.