Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I said beloved rather than popular. Difference my dude, difference.

In my experience of things, ITSV Miles is more loved than Holland's Peter. And who can measure love?
    Don't wanna argue semantics as I am new around here and don't want to sound like the ******* of the situation.

But love and popularity, as much as it goes for fictional character, go hand in hand.

So, I doubt Miles is either more loved and popular than any version of Peter Parker, MCU included.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCampy89 View Post
    Don't wanna argue semantics as I am new around here and don't want to sound like the ******* of the situation.
    Rest assured, with me around, you won't ever sound like the ******* of the situation to anyone who's familiar around here.

That's some CBR Spider-Man humor for you there.

But love and popularity, as much as it goes for fictional character, go hand in hand.
    Michael Bay is popular commercially and so on but he isn't loved.

Leonardo DiCaprio's movies make more commercially than say, Tom Hanks' movies do, but Tom Hanks is a more beloved actor.

It's hard to measure love but you can be popular and not be liked or loved, and vice versa.

Let's see how exactly things play out before worrying if the next movie is liked or not. While there may be a decent percentage of viewers who would't be kindly disposed to another reboot of some kind, I think the record shows that making a good movie tends to win over people best.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

There might some trepidation over another reboot but if the movie turns out good, people would get over it.

Instead of another teen spidey reboot, i rather they follow the recent ps4 game and jump ahead a little.

Or give me a Miles, Silk, or a SpiderGwen movie.

Spectacular Member FeliciaSpidey's Avatar

I don't mind rebooting. I just want to get a good real Peter Parker’s movie.

Perhaps a reboot would be more acceptable and easier to shoot than continuing the mcu spidey storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by FeliciaSpidey View Post
    I don't mind rebooting. I just want to get a good real Peter Parker’s movie.

Perhaps a reboot would be more acceptable and easier to shoot than continuing the mcu Spidey storyline.
    A reboot is the default choice but I will say, wait 7 years for a spiderman movie. I understand a good peter parker movie. peter's psychic is very interesting. one thing I loved about Spiderman TAS was Peter always narrating his or the story and thinking out loud.
    Into the spiderverse did this too.

byuFbJjJK7tSXZ2HcjQn4F-320-80.jpg

MCU spiderman felt like he belonged in a mickey mouse club than in a Spiderman movie. I think Spiderman is one of the few marvel properties along with GOTG and Ant-Man that really became a full fledged disney movie. I love the idea of that been over and done with. Sony can give us a complex adult Peter Parker like they did in Spiderverse.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-25-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Spectacular Member FeliciaSpidey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    A reboot is the default choice but I will say, wait 7 years for a spiderman movie. I understand a good peter parker movie.peter's psychic is very interesting. one thing I loved about Spiderman TAS was Peter always narrating his or the story and thinking out loud.
    Into the spiderverse did this too.

byuFbJjJK7tSXZ2HcjQn4F-320-80.jpg

MCU spiderman felt like he belonged in a mickey mouse club than in a Spiderman movie. I think Spiderman is one of the few marvel properties along with GOTG and Ant-Man that really became a full flegde disney movie than a marvel movie. I love the idea of that been over and done with. Sony can give us a complex adult Peter Parker like they did in Spiderverse.
    At least we got PS4 Peter last year.

Quote Originally Posted by FeliciaSpidey View Post
    At least we got PS4 Peter last year.
    Yeah, I have even posted the game story mode cut scenes to many mcu fans to explain why mcu spiderman does not work well. I don't think they watched it.

Sony should wait it out by putting forth another Spider-Verse movie (probably they're best-selling 'Spider-Man' property to date) before rebooting/retooling a new Spider-Man franchise.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Well, for sure we know the next Spider-man villian will be not a disgruntled Tony Stark ex-employee.

I think itwould be interesting if Sonywuld go with a adaptation of Kraven Last hunt. That is the kind of narration which Disney never will use.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

While fans and critics loved "Into the Spiderverse," sadly it is the lowest grossing of all the Spider-Man films to date. Even that garbage " Amazing Spider-Man 2" made more money.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    While fans and critics loved "Into the Spiderverse," sadly it is the lowest grossing of all the Spider-Man films to date. Even that garbage " Amazing Spider-Man 2" made more money.
    In terms of budget, Into the Spider-Verse was a success and moreso than TASM-2.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was made on a high budget but grossed poorly relative to that. More important is this. It's US grosses were 28% of overall total. Any Hollywood movie's profits rises and falls on US grosses because of international distribution, customs, and other issues. ITSV's grosses include 50% from US alone. So while it grossed less in dollar terms, overall it was more profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    It did have a different budget and expectations. It was successful for what it was, one of the top animated superhero/ comic book films of all time.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Interesting to see how audiences will respond to being fed the Popeyes sandwich and then being asked to eat the McRib.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

No it won't. Nerds on the internet are not reflective of the general audience. Most don't give a damn. People should stop acting like internet hermits have any sway or power.