Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Kind of a light month for me-dropping avengers until this space arc is over; also dropping black panther and the agents of Wakanda because of the cosmic stuff. I wonder if savage avengers would be better served as a ‘ Conan in the modern world’ type book.

Nick Spencer not only convinced Marvel to waste a bunch of money to do a 2099 corner event, not only convinced them to start it before Carnage ended, but convinced them to include fucking Conan in it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Looks like I'm down to one Marvel book on my pull list, TASM as Superior Spider-Man isn't there.

BANNED

2099 is back baby!!!!

Can’t believe they’ve brought back FF 2099, thought they’d never be seen again.

Doom in Strikeforce? I'm here for it.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Getting Keown for the Hulkbrand spotlight is smart and I'm glad sweet baby Dario is still around. Quote me if Ewing kills him.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    2099 is back baby!!!!

Can’t believe they’ve brought back FF 2099, thought they’d never be seen again.
    That one is a surprise to me considering it was revealed in 2099 Manifest Destiny, a one shot to finally tie up some loose ends, that the Fantastic Four in 2099 were clones created by the Watcher

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Nick Spencer not only convinced Marvel to waste a bunch of money to do a 2099 corner event, not only convinced them to start it before Carnage ended, but convinced them to include fucking Conan in it.
    Speak for yourself It's too soon to tell what the quality will be. I can't wait for the return of the 2099 universe. Did you ever read any of the originals? Warren Ellis's Doom 2099 was particularly memorable IMO. I hope Spencer is up for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I hope Spencer is up for it.
    I wouldn't bet on that which is why I'm skipping the 2099. I am really interested in the Conan and Doom one-shots though, I wonder if it makes any sense to read only those and not anything else...

Ennis back on Punisher.

Be still my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Ennis back on Punisher.

Be still my heart.
    I feel the same way. Can't wait.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    I wouldn't bet on that which is why I'm skipping the 2099. I am really interested in the Conan and Doom one-shots though, I wonder if it makes any sense to read only those and not anything else...
    I admit I've not kept up with a lot of Spencer's stuff but I did like his Superior Foes of Spider-Man. In any case, I will get the Doom 2099 tie in since he's writing that.

I had just remembered that Nick Spencer was the writer on the mysteriously cancelled Victor Von Doom series about his college days some years back. At first it was claimed by some news sources that it was because artist Becky Cloonan was behind on the art. She did finish 4 covers which you can easily find on the internet. the source of that story had to retract their report about Cloonan IIRC. Months later it was given out that because the editor who was in charge was let go (with some other layoffs) that anything he was attached to got cancelled. That one really didn't make sense to me but who knows what goes on behind the scenes?

Glad to see Elektra's still appearing in Savage Avengers, I was hoping she wouldn't get rotated out of the roster too soon. I also think this will be the first time she and Dr. Strange have interacted since her 90's series

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    He's a hero.

The 2099 stuff looks like a blast.