Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    The new Deadpool series looks fun!

And the new X-Men stuff looks interesting. We've seen them have their own nation before, so how is this one different?
    It's going to be the most in-depth exploration of that concept in an X-Book. We've barely touched it and the books have already gone into international relations, trade, embassies, and different districts.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Who's bright idea was it to tarnish the good name of a much-loved event like Annihilation?
    Abnett and Lanning, when they did an event about a completely different premise and called it Annihilation: Conquest.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Nick Spencer not only convinced Marvel to waste a bunch of money to do a 2099 corner event, not only convinced them to start it before Carnage ended, but convinced them to include fucking Conan in it.
    Speak for yourself It's too soon to tell what the quality will be. I can't wait for the return of the 2099 universe. Did you ever read any of the originals? Warren Ellis's Doom 2099 was particularly memorable IMO. I hope Spencer is up for it.

Getting:
    Everything 2099(seeing these make me feel like a kid again.)
    Marauders
    Agents of Wakanda

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    2099 is back baby!!!!

Can’t believe they’ve brought back FF 2099, thought they’d never be seen again.
    That one is a surprise to me considering it was revealed in 2099 Manifest Destiny, a one shot to finally tie up some loose ends, that the Fantastic Four in 2099 were clones created by the Watcher

Extraordinary Member

It's going to be the most in-depth exploration of that concept in an X-Book. We've barely touched it and the books have already gone into international relations, trade, embassies, and different districts.

Abnett and Lanning, when they did an event about a completely different premise and called it Annihilation: Conquest.
    Good point, the great attention to detail to Krokoa as a nation will be fun.

Also, Marvel has touched on Annihilation quite a bit. It's not the most popular event, but critically, it's a well remembered event that has had a quiet and subtle effect on the larger MU.

Basically getting everything Fantastic Four related. The main book is the only one that's a maybe, and it's dependent on whether the cosmic story is good.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Incredibly light month for me. I'll be getting:
    Punisher Soviet #1
    Avengers #26 and #27
    Punisher Kill Krew #5
    Tony Stark: Iron Man #18
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I hope Spencer is up for it.
    I wouldn't bet on that which is why I'm skipping the 2099. I am really interested in the Conan and Doom one-shots though, I wonder if it makes any sense to read only those and not anything else...

Ennis back on Punisher.

Be still my heart.

Marvel tales: Doctor strange #1
    savage sword of conan #11
    spectacular spider-man: Lo, this monster tpb

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

While not on par with the original event, Conquest will probably be seen as a classic when compared to whatever is about to be spewed out by... him.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Star Wars is ending. Guess 75 was the trigger anniversary issue for the obvious "Brand New Star Wars #1!!!!!!!!!!!" we all knew was coming.
    Marvel is going to sell 1 Million copies in December.

New series is going to be the first books to follow Rise of Skywalker.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Always thought “Conquest” should have just been called “Conquest”. It really didn’t need the Annihilation name on top of it.

Worried about this new Annihilation saga. If it can’t be as good or better than the original, then they shouldn’t bother.

BANNED

Nick Spencer not only convinced Marvel to waste a bunch of money to do a 2099 corner event, not only convinced them to start it before Carnage ended, but convinced them to include fucking Conan in it.
    He's a hero.

The 2099 stuff looks like a blast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Marvel is going to sell 1 Million copies in December.

New series is going to be the first books to follow Rise of Skywalker.
    Yeah, putting out a SW relaunch the same month that Rise of Skywalker opens is a no-brainer.