Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Absolute Carnage is wrappign up which is good and Dawn of X is coming in swinging, but everything else... meh. Good trades, though.

Definitely:
    NEW MUTANTS #1 & #2 - I'm at least going to read the Hickman-written arc, even though I don't really like the classic New Mutants as a team -- I pretty much only care about Magik and KINDA Rahne.
    X-FORCE #1 & #2 - Gets one issue, at least. I don't really like Percy's writing.
    FALLEN ANGELS #1 & #2 - This gets an arc because I want to like Kwannon as the new Psylocke, since I like the decision to have Betsy be Captain Britain and have Kwannon be Psylocke. Some Asian representation is nice and Psylocke is one of the most well-known Asian superheroes. Bryan Hill is a good writer so I'm hoping this is good. Though the brown hair makes Kwannon look generic and boring.
    X-MEN #2 - Yay, papa Cyke time!
    ABSOLUTE CARNAGE #5 (OF 5)
    ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: WEAPON PLUS #1 - Wow, Marvel are really cashing in on this event while they can... but I'm in by this point so screw it.
    ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: CAPTAIN MARVEL #1 - Ugh. Okay, at least Weapon Plus is kinda linked to symbiotes. Carol has nothing to do with them afaik. Also, man am I tired of her cat. One story arc is enough, idd it really need to be adapted into film and then given a one-shot? **** it, too far in anyway but... ugh.
    SCREAM: CURSE OF CARNAGE #1 - I've always liked Scream and the first issue of the mini was alright. Hoping it's not Andi Benton in control because I care so little about her it's amazing. Having Patricia with some Donna in her head would be fun though. Oh also, I liked Chapman's Separation Anxiety one-shot.
    VENOM #20
    GHOST RIDER #2 - Just read the interview Brisson gave CBR, so... that was fast!
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #11 - This run has been good and I'm legitimately surprised that Cates managed to get me to care about Rocket with the most recent issue.

MARVELS 25TH ANNIVERSARY HC - Seems like a good way to own it all. Still haven't read any MArvels though, but I assume it's great because Busiek and Ross collaborating sounds great (and also Busiek in general being Busiek).
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BY J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC - Ignoring that I'll own One More Day... fine.
    DEAD MAN LOGAN VOL. 2: WELCOME BACK, LOGAN TPB - Might as well get all of the OML stuff, even though his resurgence petered out pretty fucking hard.
    SILVER SURFER: BLACK TREASURY EDITION TPB - Weirdly named, but... okay. Has been good aside from Shalla Bal being who Norrin dreams of. Basically I'm getting trades for all of Cates' stuff aside from Venom (it'll get an omnibus or something with the stuff in a better order than the trade probs -- I'm playing the long game now).
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA VOL. 6 - UNSPEAKABLE REBEL SUPERWEAPON TPB - Eventually, once I catch up.
    X-MEN MILESTONES: PHALANX COVENANT TPB

Maybe:
    EXCALIBUR #2 - If the first issue is good, but I don't really care about any of the characters that much and don't think I've read anything by Howard.
    MARAUDERS #2 - ^ and also am mixed on Duggan as a writer.
    ANNIHILATION: SCOURGE ALPHA #1 - It's not Cates writing so my interest has taken a nosedive.
    MORBIUS #1 - I think I've heard good thing about Vita Ayala and I'm morbidly curious about what a Morbius ongoing entails.
    SPIDER-MAN #3 (OF 5) - I doubt I'll get this but we'll see how the first issue is.
    AMAZING MARY JANE #2 - Okay, now with an actual premise... sounds kinda interesting, or like it at least has the potential to be fun.
    STRIKEFORCE #3

HOUSE OF X/POWERS OF X HC - Might omnibus-wait it since I'm reading Hickman's run in singles anyway, but... might not because I can see it being collected weird (also because of New Mutants, which may or may not be in said theoretical omnibus).
    POWER PACK CLASSIC OMNIBUS VOL. 1 - I've always wanted to read classic Power Pack stuff, wjhich seems to be well-regarded or at least popular with people who read comics at the time (as a kind of cult following series, at the very least)
    X-MEN: FALLEN ANGELS TPB (NEW PRINTING) - Am curious what Jamie was referring to in Peter David's early X-Factor. Though... he was meant to be a teen?! Honestly, Jamie to me I always jsut read as a 20/30-something.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

Don't really care about this 2099 thing. At least not until there's an ongoing. Also, good job screwing up the solicitation on Punisher 2099, guys -- Nadler and Thompson worked on Age of X-Man. Good to know how important Marvel considers that event.

I'm guessing this is a different Yondu and the visitor from the future is OG Yondu?

That Black Cat annual... huh. I mean, 99% chance of it being a fakeout or alternate timeline, but... huh. Don't thin we've seen a story where those two are married or settle down.

I like Mariko Tamaki, but Spider-Man/Venom sounds... dumb. And not a really fun kind of dumb either.

At first, I thought Julie Powers on that Future Foundation cover was Valeria and... the midriff outfit would be WEIRD for Val, age lift or not. I picture her wearing a Wildstorm-esque outfit with just a trench coat or lab coat over some minimalist bodysuit or regular clothes when she's older, if not the one she's currently wearing (which is a pretty minimalist suit anyway).

I like Mike Carey, but not enough to get a random FF one-shot.

Man, I am NOT keeping up with Avengers at all... Black Widow's on the team again?

Man... I did not want to see Gorr again. I think he had a good ending in The God Butcher, so... eeehhhhhhh.

That Valkyrie cover sure is... nothing. I assume someone told her a Marvel her is going to die or something and that's what it and the solicitation refer to.

That Iron Man solicitation... DRAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Wow, Space Wakanda doesn't sound like it's ending with issue 18. That's weird, it is a lot longer than the previous two arcs of Coates' run. Also... is that Black Cat on the Agents of Wakanda??? I mean, it's just a black domino mask on a seemingly white person, but... yeah.

Goodbye, Squirrel Girl. Based on what I've read, you were better than you had any right to be.

wow, Marvel Comics 1000's cover doesn't have a FF character... tat's kind of a bit of a **** you. Also, Kamala looks confused.

That X-Men: Summers and Winter trade... why the crap isn't that annual in the first trade for the Last X-Men arc? I guess Rosenberg didn't write it, but honestly, that is kinda just weird. I liked that annual up until the last few pages where Cyclops says he was wrong (which Rosenberg barely acknowledged and Hickman seems to have outright ignored), but... nah.

Is MODOK gonna be in the MCU or something? Because... why that trade?

I legit forgot Tigra exists and assumed Marvel had too. MCU reason for the trade maybe?
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

All the x books, magnificent ms marvel, squirrel girl (finally it’s ending, thank god. I’ve been buying it since issue 1 and as a collector I always finish series if I buy a #1. Runaways (even though it’s been horrible since Alex left, I buy it cause I have them all). Fantastic Four (the main book)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Is MODOK gonna be in the MCU or something? Because... why that trade?

I legit forgot Tigra exists and assumed Marvel had too. MCU reason for the trade maybe?
    They both have animated series coming to Hulu.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - The Runaways as actual, costumed, Superheroes? Well, I guess they've never done it before.
    They did it in a what if. "What If The Runaways Were The Young Avengers?"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Boo to that. SSM has been so good. If #12 is the end, well, at least we got a nice little run but it should go on forever as far as I'm concerned.
    Second this.

Hulk, Venom, and Ghost Rider for me.

Sanity is for chumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Man, I am NOT keeping up with Avengers at all... Black Widow's on the team again?

That Valkyrie cover sure is... nothing. I assume someone told her a Marvel her is going to die or something and that's what it and the solicitation refer to.

Wow, Space Wakanda doesn't sound like it's ending with issue 18. That's weird, it is a lot longer than the previous two arcs of Coates' run. Also... is that Black Cat on the Agents of Wakanda??? I mean, it's just a black domino mask on a seemingly white person, but... yeah.
    Natasha joins in that issue.

That's the whole thing with Valkyrie, she can see when people are about to die. If the death would be due to a villain, she can try to stop it.

Definitely not Black Cat. Finesse seems more likely - she joined GIRL in Unstoppable Wasp #10, which means she works with Janet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

absolute carnage
    annihilation
    avengers
    black panther and AoW
    captain america
    excalibur
    fallen angels
    fantastic four
    guardians of the galaxy
    invisible woman
    king thor
    marauders
    new mutants
    x-men

so a bit less than usual (felt obliged to get fallen angels as i have the complete run of the original series, which seems utterly unrelated to this title, but hey)

It's so weird that there isn't an X-men 2099 one shot...

Yeah, it should've been immune to the Dawn of X relaunch. I find it odd that there's no Avengers or Defenders 2099 either, as those two teams starred in the Secret Wars 2099 book four years ago.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

New mutants #1 & #2
    x-force #1 & #2
    fallen angels #1 & #2
    x-men #2
    excalibur #2
    marauders #2

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Definitely not Black Cat. Finesse seems more likely - she joined GIRL in Unstoppable Wasp #10, which means she works with Janet.
    I could see Zub using Finesse.

The Blonde Phantom is another female Marvel hero with a domino mask but I'm not sure what the current continuity is like with her.

She got de-aged in an issue of Sensational She-Hulk (thanks to Mole Man, of all people), then appeared in the All Select Comics 70th Anniversary Special one-shot. So she'd still be around but has been in limbo for a decade.

Absolute Carnage 5
    ASM 33 & 34
    Ghost Rider 2
    Immortal Hulk 26 & 27
    Venom 20