Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Spider titles per November 2019 solicitations.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #33 & #34
    NICK SPENCER (W) • PAT GLEASON (A/C)
    ISSUE #33 - 2099 VARIANT COVER BY MIGUEL MERCADO
    ISSUE #33 - VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    ISSUE #33 - HIDDEN GEM WRAPAROUND VARIANT COVER BY RICK LEONARDI
    ISSUE #34 - 2099 VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    ISSUE #34 - 8-part CONNECTING VARIANT COVER C BY ARTHUR ADAMS
    THE FUTURE IS IN PERIL!
    ISSUE #33 -
    • Miguel O’Hara’s mysterious return to the present threatens his life and his entire future. But why?
    • As for OUR time’s Spider-Man, he’s got his hands full with classic villains, family problems and international incidents that intertwine in terrifying ways!
    ISSUE #34 -
    • Spider-Man 2099’s present is our crumbling future.
    • But what chance do we have relying only on Peter Parker, Miguel O’Hara and… Victor Von Doom?!
    • That’s right, Doctor Doom guest stars in the Mighty Marvel Manner, but what villain is so heinous that Doom and Spidey are on the same side?!
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T …$3.99 (EACH)

SPIDER-MAN #3 (of 5)
    J.J. ABRAMS & HENRY ABRAMS (W) • SARA PICHELLI (A)
    Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    2099 VARIANT COVER BY Giuseppe Camuncoli
    • J.J. Abrams’ (Star Wars, Star Trek, Alias) comic debut continues, co-written by his son Henry with art by superstar Sara Pichelli (SPIDER-MAN, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY).
    • The most anticipated comic of 2019 takes a turn you won’t believe.
    • If you think you know what’s going to happen to Peter and Mary Jane next, you’re wrong.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

AMAZING MARY JANE #2
    LEAH WILLIAMS (W) • CARLOS GOMEZ (A)
    Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    Variant by Terry Dodson
    MJ VERSUS MYSTERIO!
    • Mary Jane has learned MYSTERIO is the auteur behind her big break!
    • (It figures…who else would make a prestige Mysterio biopic?)
    • But HOW is he keeping her on set? And if Mary Jane Watson is under Quentin Beck’s direction, Hollywood better watch out!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: VELOCITY #4 (of 5)
    DENNIS “HOPELESS” HALLUM (W) • EMILIO LAISO (A)
    Cover by SKAN
    Variant Cover by RICCARDO FEDERICI
    IT’S A RACE AGAINST TIME IN THE FIRST ALL-NEW MARVEL GAMERVERSE STORY!
    • SPIDER-MAN’s new high-speed Velocity suit is jammed at full speed!
    • He’s moving so fast that life seems to stand still around him!
    • But can Peter use this time to find a solution for his own plight and the mysterious villain terrorizing New York City…or will the madness of time standing still crush him?!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SPIDER-VERSE #2 (OF 6)
    RYAN NORTH (W) • PERE PEREZ (A) • Cover by DAVE RAPOZA
    • The entire SPIDER-VERSE is in trouble including a world where Aunt May got the Spider-Powers (like you saw in SPIDER-GEDDON).
    • But don’t think that this is just a cute and charming story as it introduces some of the scariest villains in Marvel History!!!
    • All this, AND several lucky Spider-Fans bring their Spider-Sonas to the Marvel Multi-Verse!!!X
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

GHOST-SPIDER #4
    SEANAN McGUIRE (W) • TAKESHI MIYAZAWA (A) • Cover by JORGE MOLINA
    2099 VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • Gwendoline Maxine Stacy has it all – she’s the drummer of a punk rock band, attending college in the Marvel Universe, and moonlights as a radioactive, web-slinging super hero!
    • But familiar predators from Earth-65 and the Marvel Universe alike have been stalking this spider across campus, including Miles Warren, aka THE JACKAL!
    • Known for his dangerous obsession with Gwen, Miles won’t stop until she’s his, and his alone…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #12
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • JAVIER GARRÓN (A) • Cover by KEN LASHLEY
    2099 VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • Miles is caught in the middle of a war between Ultimatum and the old guard!
    • Which means he’s about to catch the hands of a monumental classic Spidey villain!
    • And the lives of more than one Morales might be on the line!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #14
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • JUANN CABAL (A) • Cover by ANDREW C. ROBINSON
    • Spidey and the FF follow the trail to whoever tried to kill your Friendly Neighborhood Web-Slinger!
    • They are not ready to face the culprits.
    • And that’s just the tip of the iceberg for this momentous issue!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

BLACK CAT #6
    JED MACKAY (W) • MICHAEL DOWLING (A) • Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
    2099 VARIANT COVER BY Phil Noto
    • Things didn’t quite work out between Felicia and Johnny Storm (maybe because it was at least half just a way into 4 Yancy St).
    • So the Black Cat has a REAL date. But with WHO?!?!
    • Meanwhile, she doesn’t know Odessa Drake and the Thieves Guild have captured her mentor The Black Fox and have horrible plans for him.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

BLACK CAT ANNUAL #1
    JED MACKAY (W) • Javier Pina (A) • Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
    VARIANT COVER BY TODD NAUCK
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
    • You are cordially invited to the wedding of Black Cat and Spider-Man!
    • In lieu of gifts, please turn off all your security systems, laser grids and counterweight giant stone traps.
    • All this AND a bonus story?!
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

SPIDER-MAN/VENOM: DOUBLE TROUBLE #1 (of 4)
    MARIKO TAMAKI (W) • GURIHIRU (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY JEN BARTEL
    VARIANT COVER BY LOGAN LUBERA
    8-part CONNECTING VARIANT COVER E BY ARTHUR ADAMS
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • You’ve seen ‘em duke it out in the Marvel Universe for years, but prepare to see Spidey and Venom as you never have before: as begrudging… buddies?
    • It’s fun of the freaky variety this time around, as an unexpected mind-swap sets Spidey and Venom in each other’s bodies! But WHO swapped them, and why?!
    • From Mariko Tamaki and Gurihiru comes an all-new take on your favorite arch-Frienemies in the MU – and now they’ve gotta work together to set things right!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

ABSOLUTE CARNAGE #5 (of 5)
    DONNY CATES (W) • RYAN STEGMAN (A/C)
    CODEX VARIANT COVER BY PAOLO RIVERA
    CULT OF CARNAGE VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    VARIANT COVER BY GREG LAND
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY RYAN STEGMAN
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY KYLE HOTZ (5 OF 5)
    VENOM AND CARNAGE – TO THE DEATH!
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

MORBIUS #1
    VITA AYALA (W) • MARCELO FERREIRA (A) • Cover by RYAN BROWN
    VARIANT COVER BY GREG LAND
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY TBA (1 OF 5)
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    MORBIUS IS THE LIVING VAMPIRE…OR IS HE MORE?
    ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES!
    For years, Nobel Prize winning biologist Michael Morbius has been struggling to cure himself of his vampirism, and now, for the first time in years, one may be within reach! But the path to it is littered with dangers and worse!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

https://www.newsarama.com/46630-marv...citations.html

I couldn't find The Superior Spider-Man, this saddens me.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 08-22-2019 at 10:21 AM.

I don't think two Spiders and Doom can stop Future Jade, tbh.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Big month for Spidey from me.

Gonna end up picking up ASM, FNSM, absolute carnage, black cat solo and her annual as well. Considering the JJ Abrams series. Up in the air with the MJ solo series. Love MJ but man I’m just a bit hesitant with them handling her character in her own series.
    Picking up that Spider-Man/Venom double trouble for a few laughs because if done right that could be a one fun wild ride.

It looks like the moment we've all dreaded has come to pass, Superior is canceled. That's such a kick in the gut, 13 issues is too short, and this was one of my most anticipated book each month. I hope Otto isn't a villain, again by the end of it or at least a complete one. Though this is comics, they obviously won't keep any character development for a character like Otto, who's pre established as villain, If he goes back to villainous ways there better be a justifiable reason, though there probably won't

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    It looks like the moment we've all dreaded has come to pass, Superior is canceled....
    So it would appear. *cries like a baby*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

I’m actually excited for the 2099 event!

Bummer to see Superior go, but - while I certainly enjoyed it - it never really captured my attention in the way the original did. The choices in cast and rogues gallery weren't bad, but I think more exciting choices could've been made, and I would've appreciated a darker tone at times to balance the humor.

Gage is one of those comic writers -- Yost is another -- that consistently puts out solid issue after solid issue, yet rarely writes something that fully captures my attention and leaves me awed and excited, like Hickman currently is with Hox'n'Pox. And that's pretty much my overall opinion of this second Superior volume: solid for sure, but I think it could've been better.

I'll replace my monthly Superior purchase with the new Morbius series. Y'know, for the six months it exists

-Pav, who hopes Ock remains a three-dimensional and believable character (because often he hasn't been)...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

My only hope is Ock goes back to being Superior Octopus. I feel that the concept was not given a fair chance. *crosses fingers*

BANNED

Man seeing Spider-Man and Doom teaming up would be awesome. They're my two favorite Marvel characters.

Spencer briefly touched on Doom in Superior Foes, so it'll be cool for him to touch on him again. The last time Doom showed up in ASM in a big way was in "Doomed Affairs".

Spectacular Member

Another month, no Kaine. He gets no love.

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    Another month, no Kaine. He gets no love.
    Who is Kaine?

But yeah, Kaine is in the dog house.

thought superior was doing fine maybe they will do a re-launch like they always do. I guess i can no longer say Spider-Man 2100 now since they are really making a big 2099 event. Excited for the Peter and Miguel team up
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Thoughts:

- It'll be nice to see Peter and Miguel together again. And Doom in tow should be a treat.

- The solicits for the Abrams series are so vague that I just have to lean into it as being the surprise Peter/MJ book of the year.

- Why am I not surprised Mysterio is basically making a movie about himself? And Mary Jane knows, so I'm guessing she'll sabotage him, but maybe Kindred gave Beck enough information about Peter to keep her in line?

- So the Velocity suit allows PS4!Peter to access Flashtime?

- "But don’t think that this is just a cute and charming story as it introduces some of the scariest villains in Marvel History!!!" Anyone would be a step up from the Inheritors.

- I've never seen Gwen's mask ripped up before. Kind of cool.

- Are we finally going to find out who Black Cat's current love interest is that Spencer had her mention? Or did she only say that so it didn't seem like she wanted to get back together with Peter? Speaking of which, looks like McKay is making the Spider-Man/Black Cat relationship central to an annual, but I wonder what the deal with the marriage is. A con? A dream sequence?

- Man, Superior ended way sooner then I was expecting. I wonder if there were editorial or other plans for Otto that got the series scuttled. I doubt it was Spencer or someone wanting to finally do a Doc Ock story.

- Gurihiru drawing a Spider-Man/Vvenom book is so random.

- Is there any surprise that Absolute Carnage concludes with a final battle between Venom and Carnage? I hope Peter is in there somewhere though.

- Morbius getting cured? That's original .

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I'll replace my monthly Superior purchase with the new Morbius series. Y'know, for the six months it exists
    Assuming of course, that it even last six months, considering you know, the recent debacle with Sony and Ike Perlmutter tendency to take his anger on the other studios who own Marvel properties by cancelling books (*cough*Fantastic Four*cough*). While Spider-Man's massive success certain saves his comics from any danger, I doubt that's going to be the case for a few of the Spider-Man spinoff comics, and in light of the whole Sony Morbius movie that's coming out, unless Marvel and Disney manage to come to terms with Sony real quick, I foresee that comic is going to be the very first on the chopping block.

The bigger question to me is if it even manages to avoid getting cancelled before the first issue comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    Assuming of course, that it even last six months, considering you know, the recent debacle with Sony and Ike Perlmutter tendency to take his anger on the other studios who own Marvel properties by cancelling books (*cough*Fantastic Four*cough*). While Spider-Man's massive success certain saves his comics from any danger, I doubt that's going to be the case for a few of the Spider-Man spinoff comics, and in light of the whole Sony Morbius movie that's coming out, unless Marvel and Disney manage to come to terms with Sony real quick, I foresee that comic is going to be the very first on the chopping block.

The bigger question to me is if it even manages to avoid getting cancelled before the first issue comes out.
    u sure it was him that ended the fantastic four I genuinely thought that during the time the comics wasn't doing good at all I know the movie with Michael B was very bad but is it due to Ike ending Fantastic four comic cause I believe he tried to push the Inhumans in the movies but kevin didnt want to even include them in the first place. Which resulted in the X-man being push back for a short while in the comics. Just want to make sure the info is correct so we can talk down on his name correctly
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy