Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    Assuming of course, that it even last six months, considering you know, the recent debacle with Sony and Ike Perlmutter tendency to take his anger on the other studios who own Marvel properties by cancelling books (*cough*Fantastic Four*cough*). While Spider-Man's massive success certain saves his comics from any danger, I doubt that's going to be the case for a few of the Spider-Man spinoff comics, and in light of the whole Sony Morbius movie that's coming out, unless Marvel and Disney manage to come to terms with Sony real quick, I foresee that comic is going to be the very first on the chopping block.

The bigger question to me is if it even manages to avoid getting cancelled before the first issue comes out.
    It's a mini-series, not an ongoing.

It will come out as scheduled.

I'm also still wondering whether the Amazing Mary Jane is a stealth ongoing at this point. The writer said it was a mini but none of the advertising or promotion has billed it as one.

God damn it Superior

iMan 42s

The writing has been on the wall with Superior. It's lost 10,000 copies over it's run which is a hefty chunk of change for its price. It also doesn't help that for a monthly title it was caught up in an event for two months and it ultimately wasn't that relevant for Superior Spider-man. It also was two months worth of a team-up book that not enough people cared about unfortunately. Granted the slump occurred before then but in hindsight it likely didn't win people back for a couple of months. You also have a gluttony of Spider-man titles and we've long established that people will jump to the most relevant content and the main book. It's just easy to lose things in the shuffle that way.

It's poetic justice considering the way the Superior era ended up killing Venom and Scarlet Spider, but now that the book is good and Peter is back it ironically suffers the same fate as the spinoffs. Weird right?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    God damn it Superior
    Yep. Ah well, whaddya gonna do? Maybe Ock will land on his feet elsewhere.

Will be reading the Abrams' and video game minis in one form or another. Am starting to get really curious about the MJ solo.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Will be reading the Abrams' and video game minis in one form or another. Am starting to get really curious about the MJ solo.
    I’m really interested in that MJ book as well.....but I just have a bad feeling. Seems like one of those titles that has a high probability of being terrible. As a diehard MJ fan it’s pretty hard for me to pass it up though.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    The writing has been on the wall with Superior. It's lost 10,000 copies over it's run which is a hefty chunk of change for its price. It also doesn't help that for a monthly title it was caught up in an event for two months and it ultimately wasn't that relevant for Superior Spider-man. It also was two months worth of a team-up book that not enough people cared about unfortunately. Granted the slump occurred before then but in hindsight it likely didn't win people back for a couple of months. You also have a gluttony of Spider-man titles and we've long established that people will jump to the most relevant content and the main book. It's just easy to lose things in the shuffle that way.

It's poetic justice considering the way the Superior era ended up killing Venom and Scarlet Spider, but now that the book is good and Peter is back it ironically suffers the same fate as the spinoffs. Weird right?
    Worse, the team-up was intended to promote a book.... that no longer existed, having itself been cancelled a couple of months previously.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I’m really interested in that MJ book as well.....but I just have a bad feeling. Seems like one of those titles that has a high probability of being terrible. As a diehard MJ fan it’s pretty hard for me to pass it up though.
    Well, you could just test-drive it and then quit if it turns out to not be to your liking.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    It looks like the moment we've all dreaded has come to pass, Superior is canceled. That's such a kick in the gut, 13 issues is too short, and this was one of my most anticipated book each month. I hope Otto isn't a villain, again by the end of it or at least a complete one. Though this is comics, they obviously won't keep any character development for a character like Otto, who's pre established as villain, If he goes back to villainous ways there better be a justifiable reason, though there probably won't
    Agreed. I really enjoyed this book and will miss west coast adventures. #NightShift

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, you could just test-drive it and then quit if it turns out to not be to your liking.
    Pretty much what I’m going to end up doing. Fingers crossed for the best..