Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spider-Man's biggest villain?

Who would you say is Spiderman's number one foe? I have a couple of thoughts.

I want to say Green Goblin. He killed Gwen Stacy and has been messing with Spiderman/Peter Parker for years. He has truly put him through Hell.

But then again Doc Ock stole his body and became Peter for awhile and almost erased Peter Parker from existence. I would bet that had to be pretty traumatic for a guy to go through.

So who would you rank as Spiderman's biggest foe?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Lightbulb

Green Goblin, IMO. No other villain has threatened Peter Parker's loved ones to the same degree, or done as much damage to his personal life, as has ol' Norman Osborn.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-22-2019 at 11:31 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Green Goblin, IMO
    I'd also go with Green Gobin then Doctor Octopus in his original guise. The top two Spider-Man villains without question.

I mean I’d be shocked if anyone answers anything other then Ock and gg. Maybe you can slide Venom from back in the day In there for a few honorable mentions...but at its core the answer will probably always be a toss up between Gg and ock

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I mean I’d be shocked if anyone answers anything other then Ock and gg. Maybe you can slide Venom from back in the day In there for a few honorable mentions...but at its core the answer will probably always be a toss up between Gg and ock
    I agree with you. Venom's impact on Peter's life was a flash in the pan compared to that of GG and Ock. Imagine what could have happened if the symbiote had bonded with Octavius or Norman instead of Eddie? What a terrifying thought.

Obviously its his rent
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

I always saw it this way about Spider-Ma's topest enemies:

1º) Norman Osborn/The Green Goblin
    2º) Eddie Brock/Venom
    3º) Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus
    4º) Kraven thu Hunter

In the last years, however, I think Carnage could take Venom's role, as Venom has evolved from just an obssessive villain to an anti-heroe.

And a special place for should me taken as "Supreme 1º" for Morlun, as he's the deadliest villain Spider-Man has ever faced. This is how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Obviously its his rent
    Good point, you win.

Who is Spidey's #1 foe? To me, this is always a tricky question to ask with Spider-Man, because it depends so much on the era.

Originally, during the Ditko era, it seemed like Doc Ock was created to be Spidey's antithesis, but the Green Goblin quickly snatched that title away.

When Romita Sr. came onboard, the Kingpin was the foe who got all the main focus.

Then Green Goblin became #1 again, even killing Gwen.

But Green Goblin (Norman) was dead for YEARS, so Hobgoblin eventually stepped in to fill the role of #1 Spidey foe.

Shortly after Hobgoblin was mishandled and fizzled out, VENOM was clearly the #1 villain.

Then Norman came back from the dead.

Then Doc Ock took over Spidey's body and life.

Etc, etc, etc.........

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Who is Spidey's #1 foe? To me, this is always a tricky question to ask with Spider-Man, because it depends so much on the era.

Originally, during the Ditko era, it seemed like Doc Ock was created to be Spidey's antithesis, but the Green Goblin quickly snatched that title away.

When Romita Sr. came onboard, the Kingpin was the foe who got all the main focus.

Then Green Goblin became #1 again, even killing Gwen.

But Green Goblin (Norman) was dead for YEARS, so Hobgoblin eventually stepped in to fill the role of #1 Spidey foe.

Shortly after Hobgoblin was mishandled and fizzled out, VENOM was clearly the #1 villain.

Then Norman came back from the dead.

Then Doc Ock took over Spidey's body and life.

Etc, etc, etc.........
    Pretty much this.

Since Doc Ock is a hero at the moment, Osborn arguably reclaims the title by default. Kraven makes a good case, but he doesn’t have the level of notoriety that the other two do.

BANNED

Green Goblin for being the most powerful (politically, socially, financially, also in knowledge and powers).

Dr. Octopus for being the most sadistic, demented villain while also being rational. As Paul Jenkins called him, "Ted Bundy".

Venom and Carnage for killing the most people.

And I'd argue Kraven is the fourth, for being the first Spider-Man to handily defeat him and take him furthest to death than he has ever been, and who by robbing Spider-Man of the happiness and peace of the first two weeks of his marriage, literally spelled to Peter and his loved ones that he will never have true peace as Spider-Man.

Spectacular Member

Red goblin, carnage’s destructive capabilities with Osborn’s intellect and resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    Red goblin, carnage’s destructive capabilities with Osborn’s intellect and resources.
    he was gone too soon felt like he could've done some major damage as the Red Goblin
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Amazing Member

Norman Osborn.

He was the first to discover Peter's secret identity. He killed his girlfriend and corrupted his best friend.
    While pretending to be dead, he was the puppeteer behind both Clone Sagas. He convinced Miles Warren that Gwen's death was Spidey's fault, thus creating the Jackal.
    He kidnapped Aunt May and replaced her with a dying, genetically altered actress. He killed the newborn daughter of Peter and Mary Jane.
    Killed Ben Reilly. Put a bounty on Spidey's head. Made him retire from being Spidey. Tried to transform him into the next Green Goblin. He made Peter's life a hell when he became HAMMER's leader. He let Mac Gargan stole his Spider-Man name. He killed Flash Thompson.

No villain has ever come close to what Norman did to Peter and his family.

I am surprised by how many times Kraven's name is written. I mean, I always have seen him as a one hit wonder.

The wheatcakes. They fatten him up for the kill.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate