Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,221

    Default Strongest version of the Hulk that He-Man can Defeat

    Who is the strongest version of the Hulk that He-Man can defeat?

  2. #2
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Depending on the version of He Man, this is pretty much competitive space tossing, I think.

    Edit: Wait no, classic He Man can pretty much fly by spinning around really fast (like he turns into a tornado and appears to have total control of his flight path, so...?), so there's at least a decent chance of him stopping himself before exiting the atmosphere, whereas I'm not sure Hulk has anything similar to his name. Classic He-Man is strong enough to alter the orbit of a moon that is, itself, massive enough to have a major effect on the tides from a small alteration of its orbit. So I think... probably most versions of the Hulk? His durability might be a bit more questionable, but not so much that he shouldn't be able to get in and make the toss.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 08-22-2019 at 12:56 PM.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    Without looking back to shore
    Faster than light, bending time

    Forever
    Wherever

  3. #3

    Default

    Thunderclaps are a big obstacle. Does he have Class 100 durability? Because you need around that much
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  4. #4
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Filmation He-Man could pretty much take anything you used against him, as long as he could say a goofy pun first. So in the case of the Hulk, He-Man could wade right into as many Thunderclaps as he likes, as long as he says something like "Why don't you use Jazz Hands!" or "Don't you know? This is a strictly HANDS OFF approach!" or "Please, hold your applause until my act is finished! HRRRRRRAUUUUUUGGH!" (Throws Hulk into space)

  5. #5
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Thunderclaps are a big obstacle. Does he have Class 100 durability? Because you need around that much
    I don't know that you need class 100 durability to take a thunderclap unless the thunderclap itself has feats. What has Hulk actually DONE with thunderclaps? 'Cause like to my mind, "class 100 durability" means tanking mountain busters.

    As for He Man's durability, he's been smacked around by an evil clone who is his apparent equal. And while I'm generally in favour of separation of strength and durability, at a certain point I feel like we have to acknowledge that he's smashing into a moon hard enough to move it and not being turned into jelly. I can understand mileage varying there though. Ultimately, I think durability's not a super big deal here, because we're dealing with characters who are in the "punch the ground and throw the entire landmass into space even though it doesn't make a lot of sense" range.

    That's talking about classic He-Man though.

    2002 He-Man you've got the tower throw (specifically a huge stone tower into the sun very quickly) setting him as a strong class 100, though not as strong as classic. Better demonstrated durability, particularly in the fight with... that big snake kaiju thing, which definitely came off stronger than him and smashed him repeatedly into the ground which KO'd him for all of two seconds. No bullshit tornado flying for him though, so against any of the Hulks in his range of strength, it might just be like, 50/50 who gets space tossed first?

    The DC comics He Man who fought PC Superman should pretty solidly stomp any version I'm aware of, obviously.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    Without looking back to shore
    Faster than light, bending time

    Forever
    Wherever

  6. #6
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    I havn't seen all that much of Filmation He-Man, but wasn't his durability a fair bit below his strength class? The few times he actualy broke a sweat seemed to involve him getting hurt by stuff that wasn't hat impressive.

  7. #7
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    I guess the thread's question is which is the strongest Hulk that He Man can beat, which I can't super speak to because I don't know Marvel continuities all that well and I just know that if I say "he probably at least has a chance of beating any of them" some power cosmic sorcerer supreme Hulk from the timeline where Lincoln went Super Saiyan is going to come out of nowhere to blindside me. So I'll just say I think he probably has at least a 50/50 shot at any Hulk with some extension of the Hulk's normal powerset, and obviously completely crushes any of the weaker ones.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    Without looking back to shore
    Faster than light, bending time

    Forever
    Wherever

  8. #8
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    I havn't seen all that much of Filmation He-Man, but wasn't his durability a fair bit below his strength class? The few times he actualy broke a sweat seemed to involve him getting hurt by stuff that wasn't hat impressive.
    While I haven't watched it in forever, there's a couple bits I cited above. Overall though, I think it's just one of those things where his power was being as strong and tough as he needed to be for the episode to work, so none of it is that consistent, and with it not actually being a very violent cartoon, there's a lot that's questionable. I'm not gonna complain if anyone says he'd have trouble in a slug-fest against a Hulk in his range.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    Without looking back to shore
    Faster than light, bending time

    Forever
    Wherever

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I don't know that you need class 100 durability to take a thunderclap unless the thunderclap itself has feats. What has Hulk actually DONE with thunderclaps? 'Cause like to my mind, "class 100 durability" means tanking mountain busters.

    As for He Man's durability, he's been smacked around by an evil clone who is his apparent equal. And while I'm generally in favour of separation of strength and durability, at a certain point I feel like we have to acknowledge that he's smashing into a moon hard enough to move it and not being turned into jelly. I can understand mileage varying there though. Ultimately, I think durability's not a super big deal here, because we're dealing with characters who are in the "punch the ground and throw the entire landmass into space even though it doesn't make a lot of sense" range.

    That's talking about classic He-Man though.

    2002 He-Man you've got the tower throw (specifically a huge stone tower into the sun very quickly) setting him as a strong class 100, though not as strong as classic. Better demonstrated durability, particularly in the fight with... that big snake kaiju thing, which definitely came off stronger than him and smashed him repeatedly into the ground which KO'd him for all of two seconds. No bullshit tornado flying for him though, so against any of the Hulks in his range of strength, it might just be like, 50/50 who gets space tossed first?

    The DC comics He Man who fought PC Superman should pretty solidly stomp any version I'm aware of, obviously.
    Seems like He-Man should take the fight regardless, but since you asked, Hulk's thunderclap is indeed in the "need class 100 durability" range in order to resist. It's not as good as his punches, but they have drawn blood from Red Hulk and one shot Blastaar.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  10. #10
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    17

    Default

    What about speed blitz? He-man managed to out run a bomb explosion in seconds (one large enough to destroy Skeletor's construction site). (Near the end)

    That episode also has a fair durability feat for He-man as he's buried under a bunch of rubble and comes out completely unharmed. I know Hulk can be fairly fast too, but He-man has also run around an underwater Atlantic style kingdom/city to reverse a whirlpool which was going to destroy it, so I thought perhaps he could speed blitz the vast majority of Hulks pretty easily. I'll leave it up to you all to make the judgement.

  11. #11
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    5,885

    Default

    Re: Thunderclaps.

    Green skin one shot Rulk (Loeb Rulk no less) with a thunderclap.

    Just thought I’d throw that in there.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

  12. #12
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,981

    Default

    To be fair, IIRC, after Loeb had spent about a year getting everyone to job to Rulk, he seemingly decided that he’d gone too far and then suddenly starting jobbing Rulk out in a variety of ways.

    The above may have been during that second period.

  13. #13
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Fixit is definitely getting moon tossed

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenbane View Post
    Filmation He-Man could pretty much take anything you used against him, as long as he could say a goofy pun first. So in the case of the Hulk, He-Man could wade right into as many Thunderclaps as he likes, as long as he says something like "Why don't you use Jazz Hands!" or "Don't you know? This is a strictly HANDS OFF approach!" or "Please, hold your applause until my act is finished! HRRRRRRAUUUUUUGGH!" (Throws Hulk into space)
    Devil Hulk can probably counter that with ruthless insults and body horror.

    Or just relate in excruciating detail all the times Banner was beaten as a child.

    Then He-Man would have to stop in the middle of the fight to give a PSA about calling child support services. Which I'm pretty sure is counts as a ten count.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •