Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Empire Ascendant's wording does state maybe she does make it out with Tolvan and Vuladda as a sort of surrogate family, now working with the Rebels. I guess it can go either way.
    Could be; Aphra escaping because of outside influence over her tricking Vader a second time would be more plausible and would leave Vader's reputation intact. Course, that all assumes that Marvel wants her around; if they're done with her, killing her off might be their preferred option.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'm really behind on my SW comics at the moment. I really enjoy this series though. Hopefully they follow it up with a worthy successor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Empire Ascendant's wording does state maybe she does make it out with Tolvan and Vuladda as a sort of surrogate family, now working with the Rebels. I guess it can go either way.
    Hope she survives and returns in some role again. I always liked reading about her. Getting a series and still being like her was a surprise. the droids helped too^^

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Hope she survives and returns in some role again. I always liked reading about her. Getting a series and still being like her was a surprise. the droids helped too^^
    I want her to live as well. I think, though, it depends on whether Marvel/LucasFilm want the character around as a possibility for future storytelling or want a definitive end (not sure which of the two has the final say on things).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I want her to live as well. I think, though, it depends on whether Marvel/LucasFilm want the character around as a possibility for future storytelling or want a definitive end (not sure which of the two has the final say on things).
    I think with the new trilogy coming to a close that the focuses will most likely be put on the new era. They may just shelf Aphra and use her at a later date, fast forward to what she did after ROTJ. Say she was in hiding from the empire with a few flash back issues here and there to show what she was doing. Or as you said before just straight up kill her off but I really hope they don't. I'm hoping that they do show here in the era after ROTJ when the galaxy is if flux post empire.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Looks like Marvel is planning on restarting both Star Wars and Darth Vader, this time set between ESB and ROTJ. Doesn’t seem like they’re planning any comics set around the Sequel Trilogy yet besides the Kylo mini.

Seems like this will be pretty much Disney's "Shadows of the Empire". It's a part of the timeline they've mostly ignored apart from some of the YA stuff.

One of the things I'd like to see developed is Luke's change. At the end of ESB he's not in the best shape at the end, but by ROTJ he seems to have far more confidence and maturity. Although part of this can be do of course to his lessons from Yoda and being somewhat humbled by Vader.

Also why it took so long. At the end of ESB they're set to meet at the "rendevous point on Tatooine" but both the timeline and the film itself seem to state that some time has passed. "Shadows" explanation was that Fett wasn't able to get to Jabba right away due to other Bounty Hunters trying to steal Han away from him.

Also gotta wonder if they'll tackle the Bothan spies. I think the first series did a pretty good job explaining how the Alliance evolved from Rogue One/ANH to Empire and ROTJ-The Mon Calamari formally joining, the leadership getting mostly killed off, so It'll be pretty interesting to see how they do that. Also probably throw in General Madine there as well (The story about him being an ex-Imperial is still canon).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Not totally related but I didn't think this gripe warranted it's own thread. I was just looking at solicitations for the comics coming out today and noticed this trade is due out:

And it doesn't contain the last three issues of the story! Just another reason why I've hated these bloated 8 part stories, they don't read well and if this trade is any indicator then they don't collect well either. Hopefully when the book comes back we get smaller stories.

The Empire ascendant previews seem to show Han hanging out at a bar, wonder if that'll be Marvel/Disney's version of the bounty hunter on Ord Mantell.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    If the rumors About her getting a Disney+ Series, there is hope that she will get a new series too^^

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    If the rumors About her getting a Disney+ Series, there is hope that she will get a new series too^^
    It has been announced that her series is getting relaunched next year.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Just finished reading the relaunched series. What were your thoughts? I thought it started very strong as this is a particular area of SW that has always interested me.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Just finished reading the relaunched series. What were your thoughts? I thought it started very strong as this is a particular area of SW that has always interested me.
    Yeah, I thought it was a pretty solid first issue. Although the original Marvel run covered the year between Empire and Jedi back in the day, it never did give us the evolution of Luke Skywalker that we all knew must have happened in that time. There exists a world of difference between the Luke who snuck into Cloud City at the end of Empire and the figure in black who strides purposefully up to the door of Jabba's palace and plainly states his intentions to rescue his friend and it looks like this series is finally going to give us that journey.