Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel ending Star Wars ongoing

It'll wrap up with issue #75. Kind of weird timing considering ROS comes out the month after. Also curious what this might mean for Doctor Aphra, the only other ongoing, and one based on a more obscure character.

I'm guessing perhaps it'll relaunch like Vader did, perhaps setting it at a different time like that series did. Maybe with the sequel trilogy winding down, maybe something that bridges more of the 30 year gap between ROTJ and TFA? While it seems that not a lot happened between the "Aftermath" novels and the rise of the First Order/Ben's fall there's probably something they can work out. Or perhaps the ESB/ROTJ gap, giving a new canon version of "Shadows of the Empire".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

I think they want to get past the original trilogy era finally, and what is going to be the most exciting era to tell stories in? Post Episode 9. New series could launch in December right after the film release date.

Suppose the series had to end eventually. At least it won't be a situation of having to stuff five years of events into a three-year timeframe like Legends was during the movies. Hope Aphra stays around; that's my favorite and her disconnection to the larger universe means she could do her own thing without messing other stuff up.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

As people have suggested I think the plan is to do a new ongoing expanding the ROTJ to TFA gap, or the TLJ to TROS period for a few years until the next trilogy starts. I suppose a TESB to ROTJ comic is still possible though.

BANNED

Honestly, as long as the Doctor Aphra series keeps going I wont mind.

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post
    Honestly, as long as the Doctor Aphra series keeps going I wont mind.
    Hope so, too.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ah, nuts! I recently hopped on board this series and Dr. Strange, and now they are both ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveismyhero View Post
    Ah, nuts! I recently hopped on board this series and Dr. Strange, and now they are both ending.
    There is no way there is not going to be a relaunch. I'd be absolutely shocked if a new #1 in December.

Looking at the December listings it looks like Aphra's probably ending as well, and EMPIRE ASCENDANT seems to be a sort of one shot epilogue to both series.

I'm sad Dr. Aphra is ending, but maybe we will get some Mandalorian comics instead...

Yeah, that's possible. It looks like they might be winding down the ongoings for a while since outside Disney+ the franchise seems to be going a bit dormant on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Looking at the December listings it looks like Aphra's probably ending as well, and EMPIRE ASCENDANT seems to be a sort of one shot epilogue to both series.
    Shoot, liked that series and the solicits really make it look like she's not going to get a good ending.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Yeah, it might hurt Vader's rep should she escape again. Guy destroyed almost the entire Jedi Order and helped rule the galaxy, ultimately was only stopped by his own family, but couldn't hunt down an archaeologist with bad luck.

Maybe he will make it "nice and quick" like she wanted just to make sure she doesn't get away again (last time he ejected her into space, but she survived because she probably figured he wouldn't do that and had a contingency).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-19-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah, it might hurt Vader's rep should she escape again. Guy destroyed almost the entire Jedi Order and helped rule the galaxy, ultimately was only stopped by his own family, but couldn't hunt down an archaeologist with bad luck.

Maybe he will make it "nice and quick" like she wanted just to make sure she doesn't get away again (last time he ejected her into space, but she survived because she probably figured he wouldn't do that and had a contingency).
    Still, how's that a satisfying ending for the character? Even if she has to die, there should be some kind of meaning to it beyond her luck just ran out. Does that make any sense?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Empire Ascendant's wording does state maybe she does make it out with Tolvan and Vuladda as a sort of surrogate family, now working with the Rebels. I guess it can go either way.