Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Default What Super Sentai ranger can beat Abaremax one-on-one?

Still working my way through Abaranger, and I just watched Max utterly curbstomp Killer (not to mention lift a sky-scraper sized monster with one hand), so I'm wondering if any single ranger can take him. Maybe Dekabreak with an FTL blitz? I dunno, Max was outright no-selling Killer's strongest attacks.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 08-04-2014 at 11:42 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

edit, double post.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Still working my way through Abaranger, and I just watched Max utterly curbstomp Killer (not to mention lift a sky-scraper sized monster with one hand), so I'm wondering if any single ranger can take him. Maybe Dekabreak with an FTL blitz? I dunno, Max was outright no-selling Killer's strongest attacks.
    MagiRed might be able to do it if AbareMax is vulnerable to transmutation.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I'm guessing magic-based Red or Sixth Rangers like someone from the Magirangers or Goseigers might stand a chance, but they're just the most in-tune with plot devicey powers like the Sword of Thundera. *Maybe* Kyoryu Red since he's fueled by abstract concepts. ToQ 1 might eventually get to that point, too, if Red Ranger tropes are any indication -- and any lapses of logic or consistency can be casually handwaved as part of the imagination power.
    Last edited by Cyke; 08-04-2014 at 12:57 PM.

MagiRed might be able to do it if AbareMax is vulnerable to transmutation.
    I don't believe he has any defense against transmutation, but he's got that shield, and Magired seems to need to actually hit him with a beam from that stick, if the video is any indication. Plus Max has a ranged game, and he can drag others into his own little reality where he seems to control at least some of the physical laws.

Still working my way through Abaranger, and I just watched Max utterly curbstomp Killer (not to mention lift a sky-scraper sized monster with one hand), so I'm wondering if any single ranger can take him.
    I'd actually say that Killer at his best is more powerful than Max. Mikoto was weakened when they fought (to the point that even just Abared could fight him fairly evenly beforehand) and their respective performances in general seem to place him above Max.

Indirect comparisons aside, Dekaranger vs Abaranger puts Killer as the strongest being in Hell, specifically above a guy who straight-up overpowered Max.
    Last edited by Siriel; 08-12-2014 at 07:17 PM.

I'd actually say that Killer at his best is more powerful than Max.
    I dunno about that; remember that Abared spent a lot of the series being really ambivalent about fighting Nakadai. The one time previous to the Abaremax fight where he'd actually gotten straight up pissed at Killer, he took the guy down in one shot (and then got owned two seconds later when he went back to being ambivalent and also afraid of his own power). The fight just before the Abaremax fight was under similar circumstances, only he'd finally realised that Killer was just 100% an irredeemable bastard who needed every square inch of his ass kicked, and once he reached that point, normal-mode Killer wasn't even a match for him (I can't recall anything happening prior to the fight to weaken Killer, but I've been switching it up with some other shows, so I might have forgotten), which is basically consistent with what happened the first time Abared got angry enough to access his Hidden Power(tm). As Max, he proceeded to give Killer such a thorough beating that I don't think even being already-weakened could justify it unless he was hovering on death's door, and he definitely wasn't that.

Plus Max has the feat of one-handing the skyscraper-sized-monster-of-the-week, which is strength well in excess of anything I've seen demonstrated elsewhere in the series (still only up to episode 42).

(I can't recall anything happening prior to the fight to weaken Killer, but I've been switching it up with some other shows, so I might have forgotten)
    Mikoto weakens throughout the series, which is why he gets more and more impatient and mentally unbalanced as the episodes pass, to the point where he occasionally just flat-out collapses from crippling pain or grasp at his heart after receiving attacks that he would have previously shrugged off.

It's also around the point where those things happen that you start getting things like individual Rangers or the Cursed Armor being a challenge for him whereas he just steamrolled everything before.

Been a while since I've watched the show though, so I don't recall what episode they explain it in.

Plus Max has the feat of one-handing the skyscraper-sized-monster-of-the-week, which is strength well in excess of anything I've seen demonstrated elsewhere in the series (still only up to episode 42).
    Regular Abarangers lift their Zords after getting stomped by them in the first episode they get them (though not as casually as Max); they're all hilariously strong. I'd say AbareMax is somewhere between two and four times as strong as a regular Abaranger, which fits with the fact that he's Abared powered up by Blue and Yellow.

And while it's not strictly strength, they demonstrate powers on that scale quite a few times. Abareblack knocks around giant monsters with his tidal wave move, Abarekiller one-shots the zords with energy zaps, such things.

(It's to the point where you would be forgiven for wondering why they even bother with the Zords sometimes. Certainly I don't understand why they continue bringing them out around Killer after he just up and hijacked two of them early on.)
    Last edited by Siriel; 08-12-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

AkibaRed might pull it off. Especially if he's drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007