Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Here is a far brutal truth that relates to the topic.

X-men: Logan ,DOFP, X2, Deadpool, X-Men 1

Batman: Batman 89, Batman Returns, The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, Under the Redhood.

Superman: Superman 78, Superman Man 2, The death of superman

Spiderman: Spiderman 1, Spiderman 2, Spiderman 3, Into the Spiderverse.

None of these movies took place in any crossover universe. All films benefited as been the best of themselves than MCU has ever done , firstly for not been disney kid friendly juvenile movies, secondly, these films had more creative control which lead to a more appreciative film making quality to the formula structure that has been set in place for the MCU to maintain their crossovers.

As I said, the comments here are vague, I was waiting to here any reasonable justification of how anything good can come out of mutants becoming failed tony's stark experiment or magneto having no warfare past in the mcu because it removes or takes away from their crossover narrative. I guess the only defense on such a terrible take on the xmen would be high rotten tomatoes scores and box office. Yes, because high rotten tomatoes scores makes the sound of the movie look even as well-done as what X-Men 2 did with the mutant concept that was straight from the backbones of the comics that was not so crazy about crossovers. Not.
    Comments here are vague because we are talking abouy something that hasn't hapoened yet. You can't adequately defend (or criticize) marvels handling in incorporating mutants into the mcu when we haven't actually seen it. Until we do, vague is the best anyone can do.

It's not about ''better'' in the sense of the overrated marvel vs dc fan debate. its about doing what was the most best and being more appreciative of film making qualities not just in the art itself but for the comic book genre that is usually looked down on. The fact that none of those moves I mentioned would merged well in the MCU says a lot about how much MCU is lacking beneath the surface.

Please tell me again how storm been defined as black panther's love interest is anyworse than Spiderman Ironboy?
    Let’s wait until something happens before we whine about it. Anyone can imagine things to complain about.

Nevermind dont see the point
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-26-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Astonishing Member

Blade, X-Men 1, Spiderman 1 , X-Men 2, Spiderman 2, Batman Begins, Sin City and Iron Man 1, all came before The Dark Knight. If Black Panther was nominated why didn't any of this moves including the dark knight get nominated. Kind of strange.
    Pure gold! Please post this in the Marvel forums. I would love to see the responses.

BANNED

Crossover is not necessarily a problem, it’s how it done.
    Beverly Hillbilly, Green Acres, Petticoat Junctions
    The X-Files and Law and Order.
    All in the family, The Jefferson, Good Times and Maude.
    I know these are tv shows, but they were very good at crossover because they were independent and individual from the universe.

The problem is in the MCU, each movie is not independent and not an individual. It’s just one big continuing storyline. It’s a waste, there so many good stories that could’ve been told with each movie, but Kevin Feige choose to ignore that and made the MCU a ridiculous cash grab.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    The problem is in the MCU, each movie is not independent and not an individual. It’s just one big continuing storyline. It’s a waste, there so many good stories that could’ve been told with each movie, but Kevin Feige choose to ignore that and made the MCU a ridiculous cash grab.
    You are literally complaining about continuity/shared world how you guys even comic fans?

The large majority of MCU movies are independent stories, A post scene cameo /shield cameo or retcon artifact connection to infinite stones is what most MCU movies have as tangible connection yes they are couple of films that lean heavy on the MCU like Iron 2,Cap 2 and 3, Spiderman 2 but most movies have been unique stories. It is has been a real neat trick post credit about something coming up and people run around "They all connected"
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-26-2019 at 07:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You are literally complaining about continuity/shared world how you guys even comic fans? People get upset when you call them out on not being "real fans" but it is clear as day when people don't read books or don't have respect for the history of comics but moving along from that line of thinking.Sigh
    You partial quoted me. I made it clear I was talking about how bad the MCU does it.
    If you going to quote me, don’t quote me out of context.

Crossover is not necessarily a problem, it’s how it done.
    Beverly Hillbilly, Green Acres, Petticoat Junctions
    The X-Files and Law and Order.
    All in the family, The Jefferson, Good Times and Maude.
    I know these are tv shows, but they were very good at crossover because they were independent and individual from the universe.

A good portion of marvel movies are really only linked to the greater mcu by their end credit scenes.

You partial quoted me. I made it clear I was talking about how bad the MCU does it.
    If you going to quote me, don’t quote me out of context.
    It was in context. It is crazy that "comic fans" are saying general continuity is an issue and that is what your post is doing.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-26-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Pure gold! Please post this in the Marvel forums. I would love to see the responses.
    marvel forums have mostly marvel comic book readers right? they were already around before the MCU? They raised concerns when Disney was buying marvel? They were around when blade was out, and xmen 2000 came out and spiderman 2002.

Blade, X-Men 1, X-Men 2, Spiderman 2002 and Spiderman 2 are Marvel movies. Spiderman 2 and X-Men 2 Nightcrawler white house scene and train scene alone has supreme visuals to black panther. X-Men 2 has a better cinematography. Peter Parker in spiderman 2 was a more interesting lead character to watch unfold on screen than black panther. What marvel fan forgets this classic? This is the best interpretation of peter parker. Stan Lee's relatable Everyman.

Before Johhny Cash's Logan there was rain drops were falling on my head. We didn't even have social media and hashtags back then but this became a morning motivational song for many marvel fans after spiderman 2. Sigh, once again I am blown away by ignorance. Some people actually think Marvel movies only started in 2008. Worse, they think Marvel fans only accept MCU movies as marvel movies? lol.

X-Men 2 is not only a good film drama because the director hated the basic perception of comic movies, X2 has already addressed all the social commentary and themes that black panther never fully did.

Blade was actually the first black superhero that achieved success , More importantly, Blade is also known as the first superhero movie that gave the genre some good will again after Batman and Robin.

So yeah, I think Marvel fans on the marvel forums would likely mostly just repeat everything I already said here. I think what you mean is how MCU fans would react to this response. MCU is not pure gold, just gold platted. You can blame their crossover cinematic obsession that never gives them a chance to expand upon a disciplined film making approach.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-26-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I wouldn't call what the MCU pulled off comparable to Star Trek. Star Trek was telling one story in a big universe, the MCU did something much larger in scope.
    Star Trek isn't one story, but seven and counting. Agreed, though, that the MCU is more ambitious in terms of story arcs and long term planning, not to mention becoming mainstream. Thing is, Star Trek did pioneer the idea of this sort of thing and it's kind of a shame to see it left out in the conversation of cinematic universes; everyone talks about the MCU like it was the first. (And, as others have stated, Star Trek wasn't the first either.)

(In any event, Star Trek manages to have a cohesive continuity between the TV and film installments, something the MCU has not been able to do.)

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Comments here are vague because we are talking abouy something that hasn't hapoened yet. You can't adequately defend (or criticize) marvels handling in incorporating mutants into the mcu when we haven't actually seen it. Until we do, vague is the best anyone can do.
    From my experience, he's already pretty locked into the opinion and won't change it; got into a back and forth alongside some other people in another thread that got so derailed repeating the same things that a moderator had to step in.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Before Johhny Cash's Logan there was rain drops were falling on my head. We didn't even have social media and hashtags back then but this became a morning motivational song for many marvel fans after spiderman 2. Sigh, once again I am blown away by ignorance. Some people actually think Marvel movies only started in 2008. Worse, they think Marvel fans only accept MCU movies as marvel movies? lol.
    No it didn't. You're making things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Beaddle has way too much time in his hands, ignore his stuff
    Last edited by jetengine; 08-26-2019 at 11:41 PM.

Was thinking the same thing. Nobody I've ever known would listein to that song by choice.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-26-2019 at 11:45 PM.

I am not making up anything. The only thing I would have to ask now is how old were you in 2004? Spiderman 2 was huge. even bigger in geek kingdom. we all sang that song in 2004.

Also marvel fans considers Blade, Xmen 1, Xmen 2, Spiderman 2 and Spiderman 2002 as marvel films because they are. they are not just marvel films that take place in the MCU.

I am sorry but this is getting really creepy how some people don't think marvel movies not in the crossover MCU are actually marvel films and think we are making it up that they are.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-27-2019 at 03:33 AM.