Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I have to give Disney some credit after seeing they had Fox Searchlight release Hitler Reacting to Jojo Rabbit
    Jokes aside is disney keeping fox serachlight?

WebLurker;4552736]No, it's just basic logic and understanding of how accurate polling works. The forum poll is just a "for fun" thing. That is all.
    the logic and understanding will come from the source material. xmen takes place in the marvel universe that should be acknowledged. they have worked more as self contained and can do just as well in their own universe even if you take away the larger universe.

That's neither here nor there; the two companies couldn't come to an agreement and split. Some people have spoken against this, others have spoken in favor, but neither are exactly going to change anything. (I also find it funny that you keep invoking Sony as being the ones who know best with Spidey, when, according to them, they wanted to keep the MCU deal going, the exact opposite of what you want.)
    the deal is not worth it. sony has seen that internally. fans have reminded them they made the best spiderman films and can do it again without the mcu crossover.

"No true Scotsman" is not a good gatekeeping tactic.
    Not from my experiences. usually anyone I see on any xmen thread that hates films like deadpool or X2 only and ONLY because it is not part of the mcu is more of an mcu fan. I also look out for inconsistencies the few times they comment. I said it already, marvel fans in general are not loyal to any studio. fox, sony disney. marvel fans have never cared who made marvel movies.

Because the movies were good in and of themselves (look up my old posts if you want a refresher on the reasons why some of us think so). Look, I never read those comics, so I come to the movie from a very different place then you do. What makes that position invalid, considering that the movies are designed so that reading the comics isn't needed to enjoy them?
    Really had to sell this to many non MCU fans, especially the comics guys.
    Marvel Studios does not produce the cartoons. As far as the crossover universe thing, you seem to be forgetting that the MCU has a mix of crossover stories and solo stories. (Come to think of it, that's just like the comics they're based on. Weird, isn't it?)
    Disney is responsible for the movies and cartoons. its not even marvel cartoons are bad, is that disney actually based their cartoons of the movies, so in a way, its still a crossover of some sort. disney now sees all marvel with the mcu lense.

You lost me.
    I was reminding you, myself of what would have been if Kinberg got fired, Mangold made his X23 movie and Christopher McQuarrie took over as planned to create an xmen universe. I would place my bet it would have been a far better xmen future than xmen joining the disney crossover universe.

Would like to see an X-23 project of some kind get off the ground. Heck, the All-New Wolverine comics would make for a great animated series, maybe something for the Y7 crowd, like the 2012 TMNT cartoon?
    Disney does not like the fact that X23 even exists. I don't think she would be showing up again.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-06-2019 at 10:21 PM.