Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 211 to 221 of 221
  1. #211
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Oscars either mean something or nothing. If you’re arguing that they mean nothing, fair enough.
    Its an object that the value can be debated. Its means nothing that black panther was nominated for best picture, since the value was not on merit. it will mean something if the joker does since the value will likely be on merit.

    To be frank Oscar hates superhero films, If they have Brian damaged one day and decide to start nominating superhero movies, the MCU movies would be the last to get any nomination, the fact that they are barley grounded and have a more kid friendly light comedy appeal will never get them nominations in any important category.

    X2 grounded drama driven serious tone with more mature content and heavier themes will be more appealing to the Oscars than any MCU movie. this is not my opinion but a real and true oscar tick box check. reason most comedy movies hardly gets nominated for best picture unless it is black satire like some of those woody allen movies. Enter deadpool that got a DGA nomination and a golden globe nomination.

    Also once Oscars sees the cinematic crossover manufactured house of the MCU, they would be turned off because Oscars usually support only director independent driven films regardless of the budget.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-09-2019 at 10:20 AM.

  2. #212
    Astonishing Member Coal Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,065

    Default

    Prove it was not on merit. Prove that other nominations were.

  3. #213
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Decades from now people will be talking about Black Panther, not X1 or X2.
    Could be. I do think the Fox movies will stay around in some capacity, the way Raimi Spider-Man is still relevant despite the success of the MCU reboot (may it rest in peace). That said, I do agree it's a no-brainer that Black Panther will have more staying power then the first two X-Men movies. Heck, as much as I love X1 (I actually find it a bit more enjoyable then X2 on a nostalgia level), I know that any staying power it has will be due to the better movies of the series holding it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    This film? Is this even a marvel movie anymore or even a comic book movie? This is a MOVIE.


    You were saying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    People will talk about black panther for diversity , X1 and X2 changed the entire story telling of comic films for the better. black panther does not have that impact. that is not much to talk about. Black Panther already has a lot of genuine non racist deslikers because it was an overhyped overrated movie backed by the disney kingdom. people tend to only remember actual quality movies fondly that did not need to be overhyped.
    In my experience, the story and characters are what earned it such praise. While it would be foolish to argue that focusing on black characters and a narrative discussing relevant social issues had nothing to do with it (indeed, that was a factor that elevated it above other installments in the genre), it'd be even more foolish to dismiss it as being nothing more then a throwaway installment that coasted on a superficial lip service to the latter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Its an object that the value can be debated. Its means nothing that black panther was nominated for best picture, since the value was not on merit. it will mean something if the joker does since the value will likely be on merit.
    And you were wondering why people thought you might be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    To be frank Oscar hates superhero films, If they have Brian damaged one day and decide to start nominating superhero movies, the MCU movies would be the last to get any nomination, the fact that they are barley grounded and have a more kid friendly light comedy appeal will never get them nominations in any important category.

    X2 grounded drama driven serious tone with more mature content and heavier themes will be more appealing to the Oscars than any MCU movie. this is not my opinion but a real and true oscar tick box check. reason most comedy movies hardly gets nominated for best picture unless it is black satire like some of those woody allen movies. Enter deadpool that got a DGA nomination and a golden globe nomination.

    Also once Oscars sees the cinematic crossover manufactured house of the MCU, they would be turned off because Oscars usually support only director independent driven films regardless of the budget.
    And yet in all the years that the X-Men movies were making allegedly Oscar-worthy movies, not one was ever nominated for anything other then a technical award, if that.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  4. #214
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Its an object that the value can be debated. Its means nothing that black panther was nominated for best picture, since the value was not on merit. it will mean something if the joker does since the value will likely be on merit.

    To be frank Oscar hates superhero films, If they have Brian damaged one day and decide to start nominating superhero movies, the MCU movies would be the last to get any nomination, the fact that they are barley grounded and have a more kid friendly light comedy appeal will never get them nominations in any important category.

    X2 grounded drama driven serious tone with more mature content and heavier themes will be more appealing to the Oscars than any MCU movie. this is not my opinion but a real and true oscar tick box check. reason most comedy movies hardly gets nominated for best picture unless it is black satire like some of those woody allen movies. Enter deadpool that got a DGA nomination and a golden globe nomination.

    Also once Oscars sees the cinematic crossover manufactured house of the MCU, they would be turned off because Oscars usually support only director independent driven films regardless of the budget.
    Sorry but you obviously don't know anything about the Oscars because before Weinstein and Miramax started buying the Oscars the Winners especially best pictures were Studio big hits that the public saw not the indie Oscar bait we got for a decade or so thanks to Weinstein.

    Also good God the X-Men should be kid friendly because that's who benefits from the message in X-Men kids not learning intolerance is wrong at home and kids who are outsiders and minorities and get hope of not being alone.

    Adults while can enjoy X-Men don't need it if you haven't learned bigotry and racism is wrong by adulthood no X-Men movie will change you. If want to watch a story of the struggles of minorities then for God sakes please watch a documentary on something real and learn something and watch superheroes for entertainment.

  5. #215
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Could be. I do think the Fox movies will stay around in some capacity, the way Raimi Spider-Man is still relevant despite the success of the MCU reboot (may it rest in peace). That said, I do agree it's a no-brainer that Black Panther will have more staying power then the first two X-Men movies. Heck, as much as I love X1 (I actually find it a bit more enjoyable then X2 on a nostalgia level), I know that any staying power it has will be due to the better movies of the series holding it up.
    .
    black panther would have more staying power because of diversity. its staying power has a lot to do with what you can do with an all black cast when you fully give them their due. so in way, that is not really comparable to X2 because X2 is not a black movie. X2 staying power is because it is a higher ranked quality comic movie. any young upcoming director will learn more watching X2 than black panther as a film maker.

    its too surreal to see some MCU fans argue black panther would have more staying power, black panther already took influence from X2 to try and create the legendary xavier and magneto story or even attempt at superhero drama that mcu rarely does.
    .
    You were saying?
    I was saying Schindler's list with X1. In X1 many people thought it was Schindler's list. by then no one had ever seen that type of comic movie. it was almost surreal. does GOTG have that impact as a serious intellectual comic film? the opening of X1 gave a Nolan way to make his batman movies. Nolan fled from GOTG making interstellar, see the difference.
    Also remember GOTG goes on to be a pretty much brainless joke comedy for the rest of the film. X1 from top to bottom is still very drama toned based and still very serious. This is how X1 ends.



    GOTG was the mcu humor at the worst.
    In my experience, the story and characters are what earned it such praise. While it would be foolish to argue that focusing on black characters and a narrative discussing relevant social issues had nothing to do with it (indeed, that was a factor that elevated it above other installments in the genre), it'd be even more foolish to dismiss it as being nothing more then a throwaway installment that coasted on a superficial lip service to the latter.
    t took me years to find out Ian Mckellen was gay and his only interest in xmen was because of the social themes that spoke to him. why did I find out so long he was gay? because fox never sold that. they sold magneto as a partial light malcom x figure and it worked. disney from the get go made it about race with black panther because that was some of the ways to protect the film. it was the diversity got the praise. removie the diversity, the praise will be lesser than he first thor or iron man 2 movie and we see the results. if you say black panther is an okay movie, you are called racist and shut down. ironic, we did not like blade 3 and were not called racist.

    And you were wondering why people thought you might be racist?
    if anyone is racist, its the oscars for choosing to nominate movies not based on merit but on race.
    And yet in all the years that the X-Men movies were making allegedly Oscar-worthy movies, not one was ever nominated for anything other then a technical award, if that.
    Already covered this. the oscars hate superhero movies so the brainful xmen movies would never get nominated but here is more proof. Logan was a best picture material film, they gave it a consolidated screenplay nom. so was TDK. these movies are the franchises at the very best of their usual style that is not like mcu movies, Logan even getting R. So do you know what this actually means? Batman begins and X2 would stand a better chance of oscars than any MCU movie if the oscars were to consider what comic book movies they will wish to nominate. no mcu light heart comedy cgi driven disney film in a crossover universe where the directors have zero creative input will stand a chance. Logan and TDK are solid proof of that.

    Are logan and tdk even the best of their franchise?
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-09-2019 at 12:59 PM.

  6. #216
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    black panther would have more staying power because of diversity. its staying power has a lot to do with what you can do with an all black cast when you fully give them their due. so in way, that is not really comparable to X2 because X2 is not a black movie. X2 staying power is because it is a higher ranked quality comic movie. any young upcoming director will learn more watching X2 than black panther as a film maker.

    its too surreal to see some MCU fans argue black panther would have more staying power, black panther already took influence from X2 to try and create the legendary xavier and magneto story or even attempt at superhero drama that mcu rarely does.
    .


    I was saying Schindler's list with X1. In X1 many people thought it was Schindler's list. by then no one had ever seen that type of comic movie. it was almost surreal. does GOTG have that impact as a serious intellectual comic film? the opening of X1 gave a Nolan way to make his batman movies. Nolan fled from GOTG making interstellar, see the difference.
    Also remember GOTG goes on to be a pretty much brainless joke comedy for the rest of the film. X1 from top to bottom is still very drama toned based and still very serious. This is how X1 ends.



    GOTG was the mcu humor at the worst.


    t took me years to find out Ian Mckellen was gay and his only interest in xmen was because of the social themes that spoke to him. why did I find out so long he was gay? because fox never sold that. they sold magneto as a partial light malcom x figure and it worked. disney from the get go made it about race with black panther because that was some of the ways to protect the film. it was the diversity got the praise. removie the diversity, the praise will be lesser than he first thor or iron man 2 movie and we see the results. if you say black panther is an okay movie, you are called racist and shut down. ironic, we did not like blade 3 and were not called racist.



    if anyone is racist, its the oscars for choosing to nominate movies not based on merit but on race.


    Already covered this. the oscars hate superhero movies so the brainful xmen movies would never get nominated but here is more proof. Logan was a best picture material film, they gave it a consolidated screenplay nom. so was TDK. these movies are the franchises at the very best of their usual style that is not like mcu movies, Logan even getting R. So do you know what this actually means? Batman begins and X2 would stand a better chance of oscars than any MCU movie if the oscars were to consider what comic book movies they will wish to nominate. no mcu light heart comedy cgi driven disney film in a crossover universe where the directors have zero creative input will stand a chance. Logan and TDK are solid proof of that.

    Are logan and tdk even the best of their franchise?
    It isn't racist to dislike Black Panther. Claiming it got it's praise only because of it being about POC is what make the argument racist.

    Black Panther was about a isolated African nation and Western Societies treatment of POC seriously "Remove the Diversity and praise would be lesser" That's like saying take the diversity out of Do the Right Thing.


    Logan is the Best Wolverine film but as an X film I put First Class, the Deadpool films, and DOFP before it I also enjoy Batman Begins and Batman (1989) more than TDK.


    as for McKellan he's been out and proud since the late 80's seriously if you didn't know you were looking hard.


    No one thought X-Men was Schindler's List and that insulting to say IMO.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 09-09-2019 at 01:11 PM.

  7. #217
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,781

    Default

    X2 is not a black movie??? Wow I dont know wtf I was watching. I coulda swore for years now it was a black movie......

    Black panther isnt a black movie either. You dont make 1.4b world wide by making a "Black" movie. I'm sure if Shang chi ends up being a hit it will be blamed on being a "Asian" movie.

    Straight out of Compton was critically acclaimed and didnt get a best picture nod. Creed didn't get one either(Except the only white guy in the movie ). So I dont see how making a Black movie gets you an Oscar(Unless it's a slave movie) nod. Alot of Black Panthers acclaim was centered on Killmonger and his chatacter and the deeper meaning.

  8. #218
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    X2 is not a black movie??? Wow I dont know wtf I was watching. I coulda swore for years now it was a black movie......

    Black panther isnt a black movie either. You dont make 1.4b world wide by making a "Black" movie. I'm sure if Shang chi ends up being a hit it will be blamed on being a "Asian" movie.

    Straight out of Compton was critically acclaimed and didnt get a best picture nod. Creed didn't get one either(Except the only white guy in the movie ). So I dont see how making a Black movie gets you an Oscar(Unless it's a slave movie) nod. Alot of Black Panthers acclaim was centered on Killmonger and his chatacter and the deeper meaning.
    Your post about X2 made me think of this


  9. #219
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,194

    Default

    deleted

    10char
    Last edited by WebLurker; 09-09-2019 at 03:37 PM.

  10. #220
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    black panther would have more staying power because of diversity. its staying power has a lot to do with what you can do with an all black cast when you fully give them their due. so in way, that is not really comparable to X2 because X2 is not a black movie. X2 staying power is because it is a higher ranked quality comic movie. any young upcoming director will learn more watching X2 than black panther as a film maker.

    its too surreal to see some MCU fans argue black panther would have more staying power, black panther already took influence from X2 to try and create the legendary xavier and magneto story or even attempt at superhero drama that mcu rarely does.
    .


    I was saying Schindler's list with X1. In X1 many people thought it was Schindler's list. by then no one had ever seen that type of comic movie. it was almost surreal. does GOTG have that impact as a serious intellectual comic film? the opening of X1 gave a Nolan way to make his batman movies. Nolan fled from GOTG making interstellar, see the difference.
    Also remember GOTG goes on to be a pretty much brainless joke comedy for the rest of the film. X1 from top to bottom is still very drama toned based and still very serious. This is how X1 ends.



    GOTG was the mcu humor at the worst.


    t took me years to find out Ian Mckellen was gay and his only interest in xmen was because of the social themes that spoke to him. why did I find out so long he was gay? because fox never sold that. they sold magneto as a partial light malcom x figure and it worked. disney from the get go made it about race with black panther because that was some of the ways to protect the film. it was the diversity got the praise. removie the diversity, the praise will be lesser than he first thor or iron man 2 movie and we see the results. if you say black panther is an okay movie, you are called racist and shut down. ironic, we did not like blade 3 and were not called racist.



    if anyone is racist, its the oscars for choosing to nominate movies not based on merit but on race.


    Already covered this. the oscars hate superhero movies so the brainful xmen movies would never get nominated but here is more proof. Logan was a best picture material film, they gave it a consolidated screenplay nom. so was TDK. these movies are the franchises at the very best of their usual style that is not like mcu movies, Logan even getting R. So do you know what this actually means? Batman begins and X2 would stand a better chance of oscars than any MCU movie if the oscars were to consider what comic book movies they will wish to nominate. no mcu light heart comedy cgi driven disney film in a crossover universe where the directors have zero creative input will stand a chance. Logan and TDK are solid proof of that.

    Are logan and tdk even the best of their franchise?
    3a3rg7.jpg

    10char
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  11. #221
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Your post about X2 made me think of this

    Lol God I miss Richard Pryor

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •