Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Please stop feeding guys. It'd be nice to have these discussions, but people have to be willing to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Please stop feeding guys. It'd be nice to have these discussions, but people have to be willing to discuss.
    I definitely agree. Please can we discuss how the humor are the best part of the X-men series as you once said although the comics relies on barely any humor. creator of xmen tas describe the stories as darker, serious and intense. where are some people getting the idea, xmen is about humor. can we also discuss how mcu because of their obsession with crossovers don't seem to dwell that much on their political external commentary. they care more about their next team up crossover movies. We have been having a meaningful discussion here about this topic, there is no feeding here.
    but people have to be willing to discuss.
    This was a good willful discussion about X2/Black Panther, or shall I say some of Black Panther shortcomings thanks to the movie been part of the crossover sterilized cinematic formula.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...enomenon/page6

We need more of this kind of discussion than setting the narrative this is a feeding people. it is not. MCU are way in over their heads with their crossover movies that is making general movies worse. Their 3 movies of 2019 alone have already suffered from more crossover influence especially Far from home and captain marvel. Thankfully the Spiderman /Iron Boy crossover is over, Sony came to their senses by realizing crossovers cinematic movies are not worth it.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-02-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    You don't read the comics as you said.
    You didn't hear that from me, since I do. Not all of them, but I've got a decent number of them.

its still a rare feat for movies to be better than the books. 90% of the time, they are not.
    Thing is, I don't get what criteria you're using to conclude that the book is usually better, given the different strengths and weaknesses the two mediums have.

I definitely agree. Please can we discuss how the humor are the best part of the X-men series as you once said although the comics relies on barely any humor.
    Okay, let's start right here:

Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Who in the hell ever said they couldn't remember that Blade was a black man?

Like O M G is the only appropriate response.

Interesting thread on the x-forums, Looks like more people are becoming bored with crossovers especially people that seem to like either spiderman or xmen.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...37#post4549837

I am going to follow this thread, the votes are already saying it all. a large significant amount of spiderman and xmen fans never gave a cent about crossover universes. it has never been a main toast of the series.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-04-2019 at 11:04 PM.

BANNED

“Oooh, 7 people maybe agree with me. That means everyone does!”

Interesting thread on the x-forums, Looks like more people are becoming bored with crossovers especially people that seem to like either spiderman or xmen.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...37#post4549837

I am going to follow this thread, the votes are already saying it all. a large significant amount of spiderman and xmen fans never gave a cent about crossover universes. it has never been a main toast of the series.
    Course Sony and Fox were trying to make cross over universes too, so those people never really going to get what they want anyways.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    “Oooh, 7 people maybe agree with me. That means everyone does!”
    And the poll results already show it's pretty even. Will it matter? Doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course Sony and Fox were trying to make cross over universes too, so those people never really going to get what they want anyways.
    I was talking of fans and a solid franchise that has already succeeded being self contained. maybe sony and fox making crossovers is why many marvel or franchise fans were never into studio loyalty. even WB does not get a pass from harry potter fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    And the poll results already show it's pretty even. Will it matter? Doubt it.
    It's not even, only 16% are favoring crossovers. although I would easily place a bet who are the people that voted for crossovers. so its almost kind of irrelevant to me since they already said the best part about x-men is the humor or have admitted they never read the x-men comics.

Its kind of nice that the votes highly favoring crossovers started to only go up when I posted the link here. so I can place a good bet on the voters. Read some of the post though, what people are actually saying, its not just the votes.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-05-2019 at 07:29 AM.

It's not even, only 16% are favoring crossovers. although I would easily place a bet who are the people that voted for crossovers. so its almost kind of irrelevant to me since they already said the best part about x-men is the humor or have admitted they never read the x-men comics.
    This is incorrect. The only option that is against crossovers is #1 and it's at 13%, as of this moment. Every other option is in favor of cross-overs, just to different degrees. And right now, it looks like 63% are in favor of MORE interconnection, not less.

Read some of the post though, what people are actually saying, 90% of them are not favoring it. so its not just the votes, its the posts, One thing I always loved about xmen discussion. very in-depth evaluated opinions.I see that more on the people saying no to crossovers.
    This is blatantly false. As of now, there's 15 posts that speak about what they're looking for in regards to the polls' question. 8 of them want 3 or higher. 2 of them want either 0% or 100%. That leaves 5/15 who want zero/minimal connections. 5/15 is NOT 90%.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    This is incorrect. The only option that is against crossovers is #1 and it's at 13%, as of this moment. Every other option is in favor of cross-overs, just to different degrees. And right now, it looks like 63% are in favor of MORE interconnection, not less.

This is blatantly false. As of now, there's 15 posts that speak about what they're looking for in regards to the polls' question. 8 of them want 3 or higher. 2 of them want either 0% or 100%. That leaves 5/15 who want zero/minimal connections. 5/15 is NOT 90%.

I had to edit my last post to make it more clear. the 90% I said were not favoring it is coming from the posts not the votes. I posted the link here, so of course I know some mcu fans saw the link and went to vote for more crossovers, votes is one thing, discussion is another. the actual discussion thread is showing many don't favour it. some have even gone as far as to say they are voting 1 because they care only about xmen.there is more of that than the pro-crossovers.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-05-2019 at 07:41 AM.

I had to edit my last post to make it more clear. the 90% I said not favoring it is coming from the post not the votes. I am reading all the posts, I posted the link here, so ofcourse I know some mcu fans saw the link and went to vote for more crossovers, votes is one thing, discussion is another. the actual discussion thread is showing many don't favour it. some have even gone as far as to say they are voting 1 because they care only about xmen.
    I know and I addressed the posts not just the votes. As I said, only 5 of the 15 POSTS are against connections. Again, 5/15 is NOT 90%.

In fact, 5/15 = 33.33%, which tracks with the actual votes so...

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    In fact, 5/15 = 33.33%, which tracks with the actual votes so...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...se-do-you-like

Please read the thread. the thread is where the deep discussion is taking place.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...se-do-you-like

Please read the thread. the thread is where the deep discussion is taking place.
    *Sigh* I DID. That's how I was able to count the posts.

Let's try this: How many posts do you see that agree with your point of view? They are numbered so you can list them.