Default How much of the shared universe should be part of Spidey's corner?

I've had this discussion here regarding Spidey's place in the world, and I asked a similarly-themed question on the X-Men board. What level of the shared Marvel Universe should impact Spider-Man's corner?

Spider-Man is often defined as someone who can stand on his own. There are a number of AUs that feature just him, and related characters, that are widely beloved. In fact, some are rather hesitant when it comes to the outside influence, as it can cheapen Spidey's value, or cause unwanted changes just to tie into a larger storyline. The MCU version is especially divisive for his heavy reliance on Iron Man, and why he's called "Iron Boy". But I think it's safe to say that handled correctly, the shared universe can be very good. It depends on the execution, really.

As a personal opinion, Nick Spencer handled it pretty well. His run is focused heavily on his own corner, his characters, rogues and adventures. At the same time, there's just enough of the MU that shows up to make Spidey feel part of a larger world while still maintaining his own identity.

Reading from the beginning to the current issues, we've seen:
    • Spidey and Black Cat dealing with the Thieves' Guild (normally exclusive to the X-Men, having debuted in Gambit's series).
    • Arcade is one of the main villains of the Hunted storyline alongside Kraven (also X-Men, but he - rather infamously - branched out to teen heroes in Avengers Arena).
    • Kraven tussles with the High Evolutionary (general MU with heavy X-Men leanings).
    • Kraven also captures the Owl (Daredevil) and Serpent Solutions (Captain America).
    • Taskmaster and Black Ant appear as opponents frequently enough that they're practically rogues in this run (Avengers/general MU).

On top of the occasional cameos and shout-outs to the wider world. Yet it doesn't feel intrusive and the plots are still oriented on Spider-Man and the part of the world he occupies. That's the level I prefer. A sign of a good shared universe is one that not only many main heroes inhabit, but each can stand on their own, bringing in a supporting cast and elements that all combine together organically.

What do you think?

BANNED

There should be good stories. That's the only requirement.

Tying Spider-Man to the shared universe can be done well and done badly but it depends on the execution. So I don't know if it should be like a minimal or maximal amount.

I would say that any time Spider-Man crosses over and so on, it shouldn't be a waste of time. If Spider-Man's gonna fight a big time Marvel-wide villain like Firelord or Juggernaut, it should be sold as an epic thing, a big deal. And that's how it was when Spider-Man fought Jugs and Firelord.

Anytime Spider-Man and Doctor Doom crossed over in ASM, it was a big deal and occasion and the story sold it that way.