Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The biggest thing in my reboot would be that there would only be one book.

I could worldbuild for months around the evil empire of Genosha's 20th century, but I think what people came here for is rosters. SO.

In the wake of his son's death, Xavier begins the Xavier Institute with funding from Worthington and Yashida, and technology stolen from Weapon Plus facilities.

His first student is a high school graduate named Enrique McCoy(Beast), son of an Illinois farmer and a migrant worker.

His next five are all middle schoolers from around the world:
    Jean Grey(Marvel), Scott Summers(Cyclops), Ororo Munroe(Storm), Kurt Wagner(Nightcrawler), Shiro Yoshida(Sunfire)
    Their first adventures lead them to discover friends and defeat enemies around the world.

Additions to the school include:
    The abominable Bobby Drake(Iceman), the amnesiac mercenary Wolverine, and the defected Russian child soldier Piotr Rasputin, codenamed Beta Red*.

It's during this time that Belasco returns from his 20 year banishment cycle, and seeks his runaway consort. Destiny pleads with her old Weapon Plus teammate to help, so the team arrives at Wundagore Mountain, as Belasco is fighting the Soviet Super Soldiers and their cavalry, Generation Red. Belasco is banished with the help of the Avengers, but not before he kidnaps Iota Red(Illyana), the youngest member of the Generation Red team.

Upon graduation, Shiro is inexplicably removed from the school under mysterious circumstances. He begins a solo hero career as Japan's "Captain America".

The Phoenix Saga:
    While Hank, Ororo, Kurt, and Piotr(now Colossus!) are convalescing from injuries on Muir Island, Magneto threatens the Boston's McRyan-Kristol Nuclear Power Plant. The remaining X-Men scramble, but it results in Jean's near-death. She miraculously survives the event, but experiences a strange secondary mutation. The engineers' repairs to the McRyan-Kristol plant cause a second meltdown, but Jean easily repairs it. Xavier is concerned she is becoming like Proteus, but she angrily pulls out his secrets: 1. Shiro & Bobby were in love, so Saburo Yoshida removed his son from Xavier's care, after demanding the boys' memories were altered. 2. Wolverine's amnesia and years of homelessness followed a failed experiment at Weapon Plus; Xavier was personally responsible for Wolverine's fractured mind and identity. 3. Jean Grey died as a child; self-resurrecting upon the trauma releasing her mutant powers. Xavier similarly psychically blocked access to her potential.

The X-Men dissolved but Scott managed to enlist Wolverine for one last ride: rescue Jean from the Hellfire Club. Jean and Bobby had befriended the White Queen, and had persuaded Scott to attend one of the Club's debauched costume parties. Knowing Wolverine's paternal feelings toward Jean, the two men snuck in and tried to take her back to Xavier's. Jean was enraged, but the White Queen interceded, and was subsequently rendered apoplectic by an increasingly dangerous Jean - now calling herself The Phoenix. Jean is summoned to the McRyan site, where Xavier pleads with her: They were forced to kill their own son when his powers manifested beyond their ability to protect him. The Phoenix says "No More Secrets." as she personally detonates the power plant, instantly killing thousands of people. Xavier was protected by the Phoenix so he could witness the power he were so afraid of.

The US Military arrived in order to confront the mutant terrorist responsible for the atrocity, but was easily repelled. Wolverine tries to attack her, but he cannot bring himself to harm her. Scott manages to beg her to stand down, but he screws up when he says that "Charles can fix her --and everything can go back to the way it was before." With that distraction, Xavier manages to invade and begin blocking her mind again. It's then that Jean realizes the game is up: the world will never change, Xavier will never let go, and Scott will never understand her. With tears in her face, she self-destructs, choosing to die as a goddess than live as a mortal.

*End Chapter 1 of the X-Men*
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-29-2019 at 01:45 PM.

I would try to simplify the X-Men while making them the center of the Marvel Universe. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1324429...autiful-People

I’d erase most of what happened after Morrison became the X-Men writer but keep some of what worked and new characters introduced afterward. Some specific examples about what I’d keep or get rid of.

-No further mutation for Beast past the 90s
    -Keep Necrosha and the return of the characters that stayed after being brought back
    -Erase Cyclops’ affair with Emma
    -Erase Jean’s death at the hands of Xorneto
    -Keep Cyclops with Jean and don’t have him go down the edgelord path
    -Keep Psylocke getting her old body back and Kwannon returning
    -Have Banshee stay alive after Necrosha
    -Keep the Maximoffs as Magneto’s children
    -Keep Magneto as an antihero
    -Play up Joseph as the new villainous replacement for Magneto
    -Erase the new retcons that make Professor X a morally bad dude
    -Keep X-23 but don’t age her up
    -Erase Gabby
    -Keep Sabretooth as a villain
    -Make Deadpool an intimidating mercenary again
    -Don’t make Jubilee a teen mother
    -Erase Vulcan
    -Give Iceman back his original sexual orientation
    -Erase Hope Summers and that whole nonsense
    -Undo the deaths of the young mutants like Icarus and Wallflower
    -Keep Multiple Man’s original self alive
    -Keep the Xavier Institute in Westchester County rather than in the middle of Central Park
    -Make Squirrel Girl a mutant again
    -Make characters like Toro that were unnecessarily made Inhumans back to being mutants
    -Keep the Storm Panther marriage
    -Stop the angle where the X-Men are essentially becoming adopting a segregationist mindset that gives up on Charles’ goal
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I’d erase most of what happened after Morrison became the X-Men writer but keep some of what worked and new characters introduced afterward. Some specific examples about what I’d keep or get rid of.

-Keep Necrosha and the return of the characters that stayed after being brought back
    -Erase Gabby
    -Erase Vulcan
    -Keep the Xavier Institute in Westchester County rather than in the middle of Central Park
    -Make characters like Toro that were unnecessarily made Inhumans back to being mutants
    -Stop the angle where the X-Men are essentially becoming adopting a segregationist mindset that gives up on Charles’ goal
    Cant say i disagree with hardly any of this

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

There's a lot of things I would be unsure of if I were to ever have creative control of an X-Men reboot/relaunch. The only thing I know I'd do is to get a Stevie Hunter mini-series published. We've seen her as a dance instructor, and a politician. But we've never seen her hunt a Stevie, we need to see how she earned the name.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Okay, I'll try. It's a Brave New World.

After years, Mutants rights have finally been recognized. Government made a concession. Mutants must be registred but the files will be handled to super heroes and no government officials.
    Of course, not everyone is happy with this decision and human supremacists are working in the shadows. Some mutants aren't convinced humans are sincere and want the mutant supremacy foretold.

The X-men have evolved reorganized and are now fighting harder than ever to live peacefully with humans.

Astonishing X-men :

The more superheroic team which appears in crossover and in more classic super heroes stories. They are the face of human mutants relationship.

Team Members :

Mutants :
    Charles Xavier (Most known Mutant)
    Beast (World-Class Genius)
    Storm (Wakanda Ambassador)
    Dazzler (Famous Singer and Actress)
    Angel (Billionnaire financing the team and the Xavier insitute)
    Moira McTaggert (World Class Scientist)
    Sunspot (World class millionnaire and lawyer)

Humans :

Yukio and Amiko (to keep an eye on illegal activities and have a family vibe)
    Wonderman (Actor, Best friend of Beast and rumoured to be dating Dazzler)

X-Force :

A team whose purpose is to take care of mutants problems. They aren't much liked by some members of the mutant community, they are seen as traitors, but the sheer strength of the team make people careful.

Members :

Cyclops (leader and former terrorist)
    Havok (co-leader)
    Marvel (Jean Grey) (wielder of the Phoenix Force)
    Magneto (Master of Magnetism)
    Iceman (Omega Mutant still learning about himself)
    Magma (Mistress of the earth)
    Bishop (Mutant hunter)
    Cecilia Reyes (Field Medic)

Extraordinary School for Gifted Youngsters :
    This is the school leaving the dream, here you can learn to use your talents with benevolent teachers though the school is open for all, only a couple of students are humans.

Director : Nightcrawler (a solid leader with a strong heart)

Board of Director :
    Banshee (veteran with experience in teaching), Rogue (knows what it feels to be afraid of yourself), Gambit (knows what happens when you mess up).

Teachers : Emma Frost (because you can't get enough of her.) Wolverine (wants to find peace at last and not pop the claws) Jubilee (getting experience for college)

LOADS AND LOADS OF STUDENTS. ^^

Brotherhood :
    An international team travelling the world to help mutants who are persecuted and... a family before all.

Team Members :

Leader : Besty Bradock

Northstar & Aurora (The Wonder Twins)
    King Britain & Meggan (rulers of the otherworld)
    Colossus & Magic (Two pure hearts)
    Alistair Stewart (coordinator)

X-Corps :

An anthology series following mutants here and there.

That would be the main core books.

From a meta point of view.

I'd bring back the thought balloons and let intern monologues flow to help us relate to the characters.
    There'd be action, adventure, but also moments out of super heroing with the x-men having lives outside of the team.

Storm, Colossus would be revealed as bisexual. (Storm having a relationship with Yukio and Colossus being closer to Deadpool 2) and there would be more diversity especially with new characters in the school. Storm would be amiable ex with T'Challa.

I'd have a different take with basically saying "winning was easy, living is harder".

Government would be lenient with supermacists. Other Mutants would hate them. But, several X-men would quit fighting and just live their life.

Arcs would be two-three parts maximum with a 6 issues sub arc and a 12 issues long arc.

A lot of satellite groupes would be with regular 3 to 6 issues mini-series.

We'd have the annual baseball game.

If new mutants are created, they don't have to integrate the Teams, they can just pop up in the x-corp book. ^^

-Erase Gabby
    -Erase Vulcan
    Very nice ideas. Too good for Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Cant say i disagree with hardly any of this
    That makes one of us.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    That makes one of us.
    Nah actually there's a few more but who's counting

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Nah actually there's a few more but who's counting
    Indeed I agree with roughly the half.

Everything is the same except there's no Sabretooth.

One Book,
    One Team.
    xgs.jpg

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

-Erase Gabby
    -Erase Vulcan
    This definitely works for me, especially the bolded.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

There is absolutely no way Iceman's sexuality is getting retconned even in a reboot. Imagine the shitstorm that'd cause haha.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey