Default How do you feel about long comics?

By this question I mean comics that are longer then the standard comic. I enjoy reading comics a good deal. And I am reading some of the older comic now. Some of them are much longer then the standard 20 or so pages. Some have been 50 and 60 pages. I enjoy getting more for my money but it just kind of throws off the flow of the reading for me. And I get disinterested in the story. I have a very hard time making it past the 100 page giants. I enjoy the shorter stores more.

So how do you feel about longer comics?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    By this question I mean comics that are longer then the standard comic. I enjoy reading comics a good deal. And I am reading some of the older comic now. Some of them are much longer then the standard 20 or so pages. Some have been 50 and 60 pages. I enjoy getting more for my money but it just kind of throws off the flow of the reading for me. And I get disinterested in the story. I have a very hard time making it past the 100 page giants. I enjoy the shorter stores more.

So how do you feel about longer comics?
    Are long comics all that different than TPB or Manga Volumes? If we're counting those I love them. A lot of comic stories read far better in TPB these days.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member

I feel the same. My attention span for comics is short. 20-30 pages for a book is what I prefer. 80 page giants? No, please no.

But it doesn't mean I read just 20 pages, I just read four books with 20-30 pages each. Its a better reading flow.

With trades its no different thing, because I still read my 20-30 pages in one sitting.

its almost the same with movies. I dislike it when a movie runs way over 2 hours. It has to be really good to be that long...

I don't really have a preference. There are times I put a couple or few trades together and read the same series for a couple of hours. Then there is the part of me that loves variety and I'll dive into something where the stories are eight pages or less and the style and creators are ever-changing.

The floppy is dead. Long live the TBR, manga books & phone-book size b&w editions. Nothing beats a 1000+ page black & white comic, as God intended!

I mostly read in collected format these days, but I like 20-30 pages for a single issue. Helps me break it down if I'm getting a quick read before bed when I get home at night. Although I do have some longer issues such as After Death and a few of the older James Bond comics.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Astonishing Member

I like it when in a trade paperback there are covers and I know when an issue is ending, so I can still read my 20-30 pages. In the Walking dead trades there was no such thing. You had to guess where the issue ended, that was really annoying. (still, a great read)

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I don't really care as long as a story doesn't seem like a chore to read.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier