Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    True - though it also fooled both Superman and Supergirl. So it would have to be something none of them knew about. Which is entirely possible, of course.

Or they are making full use of their acting skills. It's better if everyone thinks Kandor is truly gone. At least until there is no real risk of Rogol coming back and successfully destroying Kandor.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    Or they are making full use of their acting skills. It's better if everyone thinks Kandor is truly gone. At least until there is no real risk of Rogol coming back and successfully destroying Kandor.
    Yeah, possibly. Though the way it was shown, that wasn't the impression given. It'd be a very "Silver Age" thing to do, though!
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I've been reflecting on Bendis' run in light of the disappointment I'm feeling with his handling of the Legion. I don't think the way he killed off all of the Kandorians has been given the attention it deserves. This was a critical warning sign of what his run wad going to be like. He takes a classic element of the mythos and obliterates it's potentialand dishonors the actual origins of the concept to fit his take. There are for sure some great ideas in this run but he's really dropping feces all over classic elements of the mythos.

I'm of conflicted feelings on his run (really everything since the New 52 ended).
    As a primary SC Trade reader I can only go by his Man of Steel run for now but so far I'm not really impressed. Another one on the pile of "why Krypton got destroyed" and the mentioned Kandor killing which came to me as a mixture of spiteful disrespect and shock value seeking. The book self contained was entertaining. I feel he got Supes and his reactions right. I just do not think he should have gone back reinventing the wheel again; it felt superfluous. Also feels a bit too hellbent on Supes being the last Kryptonian period. I still wait for the AC & SM issues 1 to be shipped but I brace myself already (and probably wont read any further beyond the OP of this and similar topics; already a bit peeved to have gotten all the hints to Heroes in Crisis spoilers).

Astonishing Member

Didn't Greg Pak tell a story where Phantom King returned from Morrison's run and genocided Kandor like just a few years ago?

I think I didn't bat an eye because it seems like every two or three years somebody does something horrible to Kandor but it doesn't matter because it's either actively retconned through a relaunch or passively retconned because writers can't be bothered to care about continuity. Which is the same problem, basically.

Kandor is fine.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com