Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mighty Member

I also think the problem of the YJ Generation is their unspectacular return.

I mean there was the storyline when Superman got blind and had to be saved from the Superman Revenge Squad.
    This would have been a great moment to bring Conner back out of nowhere, but they gave the spotlight to Supergirl,Kenan,Superwoman,Steel and Luthor.

I mean at the moment they are here yes and have adventures, but others are in the spotlight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    DC also has issues where a character was well received in other media but they did nothing to add what made the character popular outside of the comics.
    Problem is that those characters are sometimes very different from their comics counterparts, and it would require quire big retcon to change them or even worse it would require changes of an other way more popular character.
    And then you have of course the problem that fans from other media rarely make the transition to comics, and that comics readers might not accept the retconned version.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Difficult:

For Bart I have to say that I REALLY enjoyed the KID FLASH Personality and the Flash Run was strange, BUT this was because he lost Max Mercury,Conner etc. and he left the Teen Titans and he was pushed at this age, NOT became older naturally.
    This Time when he was Flash was a strange time for the whole DC Universe, because it was after IC with so many deaths.
    There were a few different things going on with Bart. DC editorial wanted their 2003 Teen Titans to mirror the New Teen Titans line-up, which Kid Flash was a part of (Geoff Johns had to push to get Superboy into the series, the one character who wasn't in NTT). There was also the editorial stance at the time that DC's characters had to be very serious, no room for anything funny or lighthearted. So Impulse became Kid Flash. Then came the idea that Infinite Crisis had to mirror Crisis on Infinite Earths, with Kid Flash becoming Flash. Neither of these decisions put character first.

The premise of Bart Allen, of Impulse, is that he's a humorous kid character who acts before he thinks and has a limited understanding of actions having consequences. When a big change is being proposed, the questions that needs to be asked is "Does this strengthen the premise of the character, or weaken it, or change it entirely?", if it's the latter then the next question is "Is this new premise stronger?".

What you're proposing would, by necessity, see the characters suddenly aged up, the way Bart was in 2006. It would be repeating a past mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I dont have problems with Cassie being an adult. I LOVED the Wonder Woman of Titans of Tomorrow in Pre-Flashpoint and Rebirth. The Code-Name Wonder Lady is free, so I can see Cassie growing into Wonder Lady. I dont think that there is a need for a new Wonder Girl as this rule ISNT crucial.
    I don't think "Wonder Lady" is going to cut it as a code name. And there's no way DC isn't going to eventually want a teenage Wonder Girl character again.

I don't think a bunch of Justice League derivative teams with slightly different ages would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Problem is that those characters are sometimes very different from their comics counterparts, and it would require quire big retcon to change them or even worse it would require changes of an other way more popular character.
    And then you have of course the problem that fans from other media rarely make the transition to comics, and that comics readers might not accept the retconned version.
    This is why I'm constantly concerned about what they're going to do with Aquaman in the comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    True, but most of the time those characters were changed out of necessity because of how writers handled their comic counterparts. There's no way of knowing if comic readers would accept the retconned version because the characters who should be retooled never get the opportunity. As for retcons, DC comics is reaching a point where a lot of things need to be retconned for the overall universe to work.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    What you're proposing would, by necessity, see the characters suddenly aged up, the way Bart was in 2006. It would be repeating a past mistake.

I don't think "Wonder Lady" is going to cut it as a code name. And there's no way DC isn't going to eventually want a teenage Wonder Girl character again.

I don't think a bunch of Justice League derivative teams with slightly different ages would work.
    Not true...

In Conners,Tim and Cassies case it would work perfectly.
    We have seen that with Dick as Nightwing it worked PERFECTLY, he had now become a fan-favorite Character.

In Conners case its a MUST, especially now that we have already 2 other characters who are the teenage Superman Versions: Jonathan Samuel Kent and Kenan Kong.

Conner can now become the NIGHTWING of the Super-Family and move into another town...Best would be Hawaii, since he already lived there and Metropolis lays on the other coast, so there is the whole Ameica between the Clark and Conner. Conner can move to Honolulu or so...Hawaii has no other Hero than Kana...So he can become the Superhero of Hawaii again..like Batman for Gotham, Superman for Metropolis, Flash for Central City etc.

Conner can grow there, help people etc.

He can basically be the Nightwing of the Super-Family (Be Superman Surrogate when Superman is away or death...), be the big brother/mentor of Kenan and Jonathan and also their idol (when IC comes back in history).
    Conner was the first one who appeared (1993) and so he should also be the oldest,most powerful and much closest one to Clark..

The teams arent based only on the slightly different ages...There are more differences....AND now we have a similar position with Titans,TT and YJ....The only thing which I said is to make the YJ Generation older, so they are closer to the Titans. I PERSONALLY could also live without Damians TT.

I personally am not a fan of the YJ Return...I like Conner,Bart,Cassies Return, BUT!! I would rather liked them to see in a JLA or Outsider Team.

The YJ Anime Team of the Outsiders is cool...I could imagine a team consisting of: Conner,Cassie,Tim,Bart,Blue Beetle,Geo-Force,Static,Vixen and Traci13