Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default G Willow Wilson's Tenure on Wonder Woman

Last edited by Hypo; 07-11-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Yessssssssssssss!!!!!!

That's great news ! I hope she'll bring her A-game but also give us a very different WW than we have had the last few years. Channel that Ms.Marvel power, miss Wilson, please !

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I hope she has what it takes to write something worth while. Robinson is an old pro from the 90's and he couldn't deliver.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

In the words of London Tipton, yay us!

Mighty Member

Wow that is amazing! I love Ms. Marvel and think Wilson will kill it on Wonder Woman. This is a dream pairing to me.

I haven't really loved any Wonder Woman stuff since Azzarello, and some stuff I actively disliked, so I'm pumped that Wonder Woman will be jumping towards the top of my read pile (as opposed to sitting unread for months at a time, as she has been for years now).

I think DC needs more hires like this. They've let the old guard go partly in the recent past, and sweeping out a few more retreads like Robinson is the way to go forward, imo.

Definitely good news for Diana fans. Kamala fans must be worried now though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm trying not to think about that aspect. But writing for both companies happens (and is happening now) so hopefully she stays on Ms. Marvel. It's her baby so I can't see her leaving it. At least that's what I tell myself...

Excited to see what she brings to the table!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Ultimate Member

YES!!!! This is encouraging.

"When Steve Trevor’s unit goes missing in an Eastern European country torn by revolution, Wonder Woman immediately flies across the globe to help him—only to slam into the brick wall that is Ares, the God of War, who’s taken a strange interest in this conflict," reads DC's description of the arc. "But why is Ares acting so strange? Has he turned over a new leaf? Does Wonder Woman have a chance to redeem him? And just as important...if Ares has returned to Earth, then what happened to the supposedly unbreachable prison built to contain him—Wonder Woman’s homeland, Themyscira?"
    Wasn't that the premise of Rucka's first Rebirth issue? I'm kidding of course, but it's similar.
    Richard Alexander

I mean, with as often as Superman has to save Lois Lane, I can forgive "Wonder Woman has to save Steve Trevor" being used as a common kick-off for Wondie stories. >_>

Interesting bit about Ares though. Wasn't he pretty chill the last we saw him? I'm curious to see what direction she takes him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean Scarab View Post
    I mean, with as often as Superman has to save Lois Lane, I can forgive "Wonder Woman has to save Steve Trevor" being used as a common kick-off for Wondie stories. >_>

Interesting bit about Ares though. Wasn't he pretty chill the last we saw him? I'm curious to see what direction she takes him in.
    I don't mind that ether to be honest. I just want to see a Big Super Hero Spectacle. I'm tired of her battling gods etc. Give me space monsters or other Super Power Villians. I'd even take seeing Circe again.
    Richard Alexander

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Good to have news - any details? Are we going monthly? Is this an arc, a limited run, or ongoing?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord