Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Now that the news of the Ms. Marvel show broke, I'm wondering if she has a consulting job on the show and that's why she's leaving. That would easily qualify as a "Bucket List Dream Project" she stated as her reason for leaving Wonder Woman.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Hopefully, GWW set a standard, with giving WW a supporting cast - Maggie, Aphrodite, Steve, Atlantiades and the talking beasties. I wonder, if she's already been told that her successor will not be permitted to use it ..and that Maggie will not go any further. Is that why she's leaving Maggie on the Island? Hopefully, her use of these characters will persuade the 'editors' that the WW comic needs a permanent core of supporting regulars - Maggie, Steve, Aphrodite and Ferdinand?

G. Willow proved WW is best, when Diana has a functional cast.
    I think that's giving GWW too much credit - others have given WW supporting casts before (the problem being them not sticking). And I wasn't all that fond of recent stories.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I actually like the idea of Ares being the father of Hippolyta and her sisters. At the very least, it's a more interesting way to make Diana and her family related to the Olympians than having Zeus be her father.

Adds an interesting wrinkle to the Amazons taking his ex-lover and his sister as their patrons over him.
    I agree with that, almost anything is better than daddy Zeus but there are other pressing issues to me. For instance just who are Hippolyta's sisters and how is Hippolyta the 10th Queen of the Amazons? What happened to the rest? That's the kind of world building someone like Jason Aaron would delve into.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I agree with that, almost anything is better than daddy Zeus but there are other pressing issues to me. For instance just who are Hippolyta's sisters and how is Hippolyta the 10th Queen of the Amazons? What happened to the rest? That's the kind of world building someone like Jason Aaron would delve into.
    Wasn't Hippolyta being the tenth queen a holdover from the Finch run, where Hippolyta's mother was named Aclippe or something? I'd also like to know who the queen was between Hippolyta and Lysippe, the one whose tomb Barbara found. Presumably it may be an Amazon leader who broke away from the main group and had a daughter later?

I'd take a cue from LoWW and have her sisters be Antiope, Melanippe, Penthesilea and Glauce (the latter being difficult to find any information on, I wonder why De Liz chose her?). Antiope and Melanippe would be on the island to help raise Diana, while Penthesilea would lead the faction that would eventually become the Bana, and she'd die at Troy. Maybe she could be the 11th queen. Otrera and Ares would be their parents, so I guess Otrera would be the ninth queen?

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    For my money, the 'editors' should settle on somebody - Etta, Maggie, Zola, Steve, Queen Desira, General Darnell, Hippolyta, Hera, Mala, Doc Julia, Aphrodite, Ferdinand, Lord Hermes, Atlantiades. Picking any FOUR of them and insisting they be kept in place, for no less than a decade, shouldn't be a problem, ..for an editor. There simply is no excuse for this not happening, every month. Something should be a constant.

This comic has a regular cast. Hope we get to keep it - Maggie, Steve, Phro and Ferdinand. Add on or switch one out, with someone like Doc Julia or Mala, once in a while, ..but, let's KEEP a cast. Without a cast and rogues gallery, Wonder Woman is a coloring book.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-25-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    For my money, the 'editors' should settle on somebody - Etta, Maggie, Zola, Steve, Queen Desira, General Darnell, Hippolyta, Hera, Mala, Doc Julia, Aphrodite, Ferdinand, Lord Hermes, Atlantiades. Picking any FOUR of them and insisting they be kept in place, for no less than a decade, shouldn't be a problem, ..for an editor. There simply is no excuse for this not happening, every month. Something should be a constant.

This comic has a regular cast. Hope we get to keep it - Maggie, Steve, Phro and Ferdinand. Add on or switch one out, with someone like Doc Julia or Mala, once in a while, ..but, let's KEEP a cast. Without a cast and rogues gallery, Wonder Woman is a coloring book.
    For what it's worth we'll probably see very little of Maggie going forward, if at all. Notice how quickly the Mythic 3 (the Zoo Crew) disappeared from the book. More than likely Wilson's only lasting legacy will be the return of Themyscira and really that's enough.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    ...and Orlando is taking over, at least temporarily. The story is here. Honestly, I would have liked to have her on the title a little longer, but I've enjoyed Orlando's fill-ins and look forward to his uninterrupted time on the title! Also, I hope Xermanico stays around!!
    I am grateful to see Orlando taking the reigns.

Maybe one day we will get a writer on the book who has writing Wonder Woman on their bucket list. Still, I give credit to GWW, she stuck with the book longer than J. Michael Staczynski (who announced he was going to SAVE Wonder Woman then declared his work was done after four issue and left to write Superman)
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I think that's giving GWW too much credit - others have given WW supporting casts before (the problem being them not sticking). And I wasn't all that fond of recent stories.
    Me neither.

I felt that should have read “GWW wrote Wonder Woman as needing support from her cast because she was not the best at anything.”
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

While I would prefer Etta, Steve, Mala and Ferdinand, ..GWW's regular cast is functional and doesn't warrant replacing.

How can this comic ever get a classic cast, if editors refuse to retain any characters? I can understand this 'no recycling regulars' policy for recently created characters, whose creators might sue for royalties, in the future. Etta, Steve, Mala, Hermes, Mars, Hippolyta...they're all so old, I don't see how their use creates any problems for the publisher. The 'no recycling regulars' policy should not apply.

I don't know how long I'm going to tolerate the editors not allowing WW to have a cast.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Steve Orlando's taking over.

I wonder what this bucket list project is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If Bleeding Cool is to be believed it’s Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Please, let it be so !

I think low-power characters works better for GWW than the super-powered.
    Looks like that didn't really go like they thought it would...

Good for Wilson.

Amazing Member

When will it be over?
    It's been so bad so far

Astonishing Member

Now. Her run has ended.

I don't know how to feel about the last chapter.

I'm confused, are Diana and Steve ended their relationship?

Spectacular Member

From what i understood, they are taking a break. They are not together anymore but open to it.

I feel that made Steve too clingy. I really wish Wilson thought about killing Aphrodite. I mean with how many love gods there are in the Dc universe. It would make more sense people who know Diana personal are affected not regular people
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-24-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Please take discussion of individual issues into their own thread to avoid spoilers for folks who haven't read it yet
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!