Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default G Willow Wilson's Tenure on Wonder Woman

Last edited by Hypo; 07-11-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Yessssssssssssss!!!!!!

That's great news ! I hope she'll bring her A-game but also give us a very different WW than we have had the last few years. Channel that Ms.Marvel power, miss Wilson, please !

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I hope she has what it takes to write something worth while. Robinson is an old pro from the 90's and he couldn't deliver.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Mighty Member

Wow that is amazing! I love Ms. Marvel and think Wilson will kill it on Wonder Woman. This is a dream pairing to me.

I haven't really loved any Wonder Woman stuff since Azzarello, and some stuff I actively disliked, so I'm pumped that Wonder Woman will be jumping towards the top of my read pile (as opposed to sitting unread for months at a time, as she has been for years now).

I think DC needs more hires like this. They've let the old guard go partly in the recent past, and sweeping out a few more retreads like Robinson is the way to go forward, imo.

Definitely good news for Diana fans. Kamala fans must be worried now though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm trying not to think about that aspect. But writing for both companies happens (and is happening now) so hopefully she stays on Ms. Marvel. It's her baby so I can't see her leaving it. At least that's what I tell myself...

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I hope she has what it takes to write something worth while. Robinson is an old pro from the 90's and he couldn't deliver.
    I still wonder how much of that was him and how much was editorial/TPTB. We will never know I guess.

And another Wilson interview, on the NY Times no less. This one is even more philosophical, often barely touching on Wonder Woman at all.

That’s exactly what I was looking for. I think what’s fun about Wonder Woman, especially in some of her more recent incarnations, is the way that she juxtaposes these mythological features with the very banal, everyday facts of living in our society in the 21st century. For me, it’s really about re-examining those Greek myths that have timeless themes in the context of a society that has smartphones and Wi-Fi and international espionage and gentrification and income inequality and all the things that you encounter on a daily basis. To see whether they’re still relevant and to keep them relevant is an interesting artistic challenge.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I still wonder how much of that was him and how much was editorial/TPTB. We will never know I guess.
    I think it was a deadly combination of both. Robinson might have been able to deliver a more solid run if wasn't editorially mandated to use Jason and Grail and tell his own stories. But he was, and he wasn't the right person to execute it in a good way.

Then again, I think what he did to Vanessa was all him, so...

Another interview, with some thoughts about the relation between Steve Trevor and Diana.

One of the intrinsic parts of the Wonder Woman story is that, just because of who she is, a lot of classic superhero tropes get flipped on their head," Wilson said. "I think most superheroes, or most male superheroes, have a love interest that they're gonna have to save at one point or another, and probably at many points. In her case, it just happens to be a guy. I think this really seeps into the way that I portray their relationship, that Steve is kind of used to it at this point. He's been in this position before and he's really just trying to make sure, because he knows how powerful Wonder Woman is, that when he gets in trouble, she doesn't come in with -- I would say guns blazing, but she doesn't use guns -- with lasso blazing and make the mess even bigger.

In the words of London Tipton, yay us!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Good to have news - any details? Are we going monthly? Is this an arc, a limited run, or ongoing?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Good to have news - any details? Are we going monthly? Is this an arc, a limited run, or ongoing?
    Orlando was the fill-in writer so logically it stands that Wilson might be on Wonder Woman for a really long time and I bet Steve's departure has something to do with the arc where Steve and the Oddfellows go missing in Eastern Europe.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he