Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Yeah, but why restrained? Makes her sound like she should be in an episode of “ Downton Abbey”.
    As an adult woman, Diana is naturally going to be more restrained than the teenage Ms. Marvel (or one would hope), whom Wilson was comparing her to.

Dispassionate doesn't really fit what we've seen even in the first three issues, so I don't think Diana will suddenly be morose in the issues after Wilson said she started to get more comfortable.

Interview with the Fangrrls part of Syfywire with G Willow Wilson about writing Wonder Woman and other comics. Sadly, the interview was rather short and general.

I think the pressure when you have something new, is to get it exactly right, to create a tone and a point of view that is very strong, and recognizable. Whereas when you’re inheriting a character who has tons of history, it’s more a question of, well, what stories are left to tell? What has not been said yet about this character, when so many legendary comic writers and artists have already worked on her? So I think it’s a very different kind of challenge.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Interview with the Fangrrls part of Syfywire with G Willow Wilson about writing Wonder Woman and other comics. Sadly, the interview was rather short and general.
    This part right here is evience of the prpblem WW has. "A lot of different people have interpreted and reinterpreted her story over the course of those 75 years" At this point it shoyld be mandatory to respect the basics. To build upon the things that are already there, instead of reimagine her story over and over again.

G Willow Wilson and Xermanico discuss Atlantiades on twitter.

Also fascinating is that some of the oldest accounts of the Atlantiades myth claim that they were born with both male and female characteristics, rather than born male and fused with a nymph, which is a much later invention (by Ovid, who loved drama...)
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Things like this really make me appreciate the work researching can be. Also its grand to see what things are drawn from for inspiration

Wilson is trolling us…

Not to alarm you all but I just killed somebody off in Wonder Woman.

You will find out who in *checks watch* approximately 8 weeks

oh dear, a doctor poison laugh gif doesn't exist...

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

As long as it's not Steve Trevor, I can live with it.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I'm assuming it will be Maggie or one of the three myth buddies. I hope it's Maggie... I've not been a huge fan.

I hope its Wonder Woman. That would be funny.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I hope its Wonder Woman. That would be funny.
    Rucka took care of that in Rebirth.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm assuming it will be Maggie or one of the three myth buddies. I hope it's Maggie... I've not been a huge fan.

I would be fine if it was Maggie and the entire Zoo Crew. Not a fan of their constant silliness.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I would be fine if it was Maggie and the entire Zoo Crew. Not a fan of their constant silliness.
    If it's her. gww will probably make sure that has more of an impsct on WW verse than WW herself.

Is there any chance that gww will leave the book before the end of this year? There must be a small hope to get one writer that cares about WW and her verse more than characters of his/her own creation. A writer that can show us Diana being competent enough to end one big battle on her own, and show she is a powerhouse.

Some new twitterings from G Willow Wilson:

Wonder Woman #75 is out of control

This beast is *thirty eight* pages long and contains more double-page spreads than I have ever written into a comic book script, or ever expect to write into a comic book script again.

This page is by Vincente Cifuentes, but there are a bunch of guest artists as well...even if you haven't been following Wonder Woman, you want this issue.

Q: What are those lines for?

A: Formatting. This is from a lettering draft.

Well, I might just have to pick that issue up.