Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Do we know if Orlando is staying on or just filling in until a new writer comes?
    I initially thought he was confirmed on for long term but it looks like that’s not true. Orlando said on Twitter that he hopes he’ll be on for longer than solicited. My guess? They’re going to let him do an arc and see how people respond. If people like him he’ll get the book long-term.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Do we know if Orlando is staying on or just filling in until a new writer comes?
    Wilson tweeted that this would be his first arc, so I'm hoping there will be more.

He should stick around. There aren't any huge names sniffing for the job that we can see, and he has a clear love for the character and her world. And hasn't told a bad story yet with her (though some were better than others).

EDIT: Just saw Vordan's post, I hope it turns longer.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Wonder Woman needs a 'Jason Aaron' to lead her franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    In the sense of a big, visionary, writer...I agree.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Haha yes also in terms of long term.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    I just read that article on Newsarama about Wilson leaving. While I feel overall, her run has been somewhere in the middle with a few peaks, I did love the fact that she resolved the issue of Diana being able to travel to Themyscria once again. I was rather hoping that she would pull Donna Troy into the main WW book after she said in an article that she was very open to it but, looks like we'll get another writer so she'll be wrapping up her storylines instead. My hopes is that with another writer we don't get the status quo of: developing a new supporting cast in favor of established characters and they include fan favorite characters such as Donna Troy, Artemis, Cassie, Steve, Etta, and some island-based Amazons like Antiope, Hippolyta, Philippus, etc.
    Hmm...she only came on board since Nov 2018? That's a bit disappointing.

It felt like Wilson had been on the book for a while and yet it didn't feel like much happened in the books. It was a weird mishmash of things that weren't helped by the constant shuffling of artists.

While I haven't been overly enthused with stories, I had hoped GWW would stay on to execute a longer vision for WW's adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    With Orlando coming on board I foresee some good things coming for the Rogues Gallery.
    I've really enjoyed Orlando's first arc and guest issues on Wonder Woman. Similarly, I thought his Midnighter and Midnighter and Apollo runs were fantastic. That said, I did not like his Justice League of America.

But glad to have a writer who's interested and open to using WW's rogues gallery. I used to think he used them because no one would and it wouldn't ruffle feathers. Hopefully, it's because he genuinely likes them.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    We might finally get a full Villainy Inc reunion!!!

If anyone would attempt a Villainy Inc. revival with the original roster it's Orlando. At the very least, I hope he brings back Queen Clea in a big way.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Haha yes also in terms of long term.
    While something like that would be great, it doesn't feel like the title is that sort of a priority at DC.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While something like that would be great, it doesn't feel like the title is that sort of a priority at DC.
    They will likely try to push WW once the WW1984 movie comes out. But yes if it’s not a Batman, Superman, Flash, or JL title, DC doesn’t really care. But right now I just want some WW stories with her non-god Rogues. Tynion is treating Circe right over in JLD, Cheetah has a big arc coming up, but I want to know what happened to Dr. Cyber? Colonel Poison? Where the heck is Psycho and what is he up to? Orlando is a continuity nut, he’d probably love to tackle those villains. And really who else is an option? Didio and Lee can’t even get Hickman, a guy who talks about how he was a DC kid at his freaking X-Men panel, to join up. No way can those two get any outside talent to join, and no one else who is decent at DC can do it. So Orlando right now has done a good job on his fill in issues, I’m willing to give him a chance. I don’t expect him to be any worse than mediocre which is really no different than what we’ve had under Wilson.
    Last edited by Vordan; 08-22-2019 at 09:00 PM.

I had already decided I was dropping Wonder Woman but with Steve Orlando coming on board (at least for a few issues) I'll stick around for a bit longer. I was very disappointed with G.Willow's run.
    Please Remain Calm

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It would also require DC to embrance and own the Greek Pantheon and mythos, something that they have never really done, even in the latest years where the Gods are so presents. Obviously, Diana being an Amazon and nothing like what we "knew" of them in the Greek myths and legends means that it is harder to craft a whole Olympus similar to Asgard.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It would also require DC to embrance and own the Greek Pantheon and mythos, something that they have never really done, even in the latest years where the Gods are so presents. Obviously, Diana being an Amazon and nothing like what we "knew" of them in the Greek myths and legends means that it is harder to craft a whole Olympus similar to Asgard.
    Marvel's Thor and the mythos around him have even less to do with Norse mythology than WW does with Greek myth.

You're right. One great thing GWW did besides the return of Themyscira was the return of Amazons like Nubia and Antiope as well as small snippets of Amazon history, which fleshes out the locale and provides new story potential. Hopefully Orlando can use her set-up to broaden the mythos half as much as Aaron did Thor's.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The Amazons don't live on Olympus, so that has nothing to do with how Olympus is crafted.

Also, the recent take that made the Amazons similar to their selves in the Greek myths and legends didn't exactly spread that same accuracy to the Olympians.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Marvel's Thor and the mythos around him have even less to do with Norse mythology than WW does with Greek myth.
    This. Loki is Odin’s Brother in the myths not Thor’s. Thor is red-haired, married, and has two sons in the myths. Aaron’s Thor specifically has nothing whatsoever to do with the myths, Thor is Thor’s name not a title handed out to whoever can wield Mjolner. Accuracy to the myths counts for nothing in comic books.