Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Just look at her facial expressions in most of the art posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    We are looking at her facial expressions. She is not dour and grim at all.

Not a fan. They usually make her expression so dour and grim.
    Might just be her eyebrows. But they're among my top 3 favorite Wonder Woman artists
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 09-24-2018 at 09:52 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Yeah "dour and grim" aren't words I'd use to describe the Dodson's Wonder Woman. She's more like "powerful and majestic".

I think "powerful & majestic" more accurately describes the Dodsons' Wonder Woman. If the Dodsons usually drew a sourpuss/grim Wonder Woman, I probably wouldn't like their depiction of her.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Very little, if any of it makes her look dour and grim.

If I had to pick an adjective personally, I would pick determined. But to each their own. Personally its my definitive WW visually.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Willow updates us on the state of her health

http://gwillowwilson.com/post/178423...-wrong-with-me

Despite the drama, I have managed thus far to keep all my books ON TIME. Hopefully it’ll stay that way. In the interim, please keep me in your thoughts, and thank you for all the incredible messages of support and love. **** happens to everyone: I feel very blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Willow updates us on the state of her health

http://gwillowwilson.com/post/178423...-wrong-with-me
    Good to hear that she is getting prompt and proper care.

A twitter update from Wilson:

We're starting out with quite a bit of Greek mythology, but setting it on a collision course with Diana's modern-day supporting characters and antagonists. The result will--I hope--give an interesting new twist to some old favorites...

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Again, whatever happens, I hope that she gets far, far away from Diana first and foremost identifying as "just another one of Zeus's offspring."

Even IF you keep it as part of the character (I think you should jettison it IMMEDIATELY), Diana is Hipolyta's daughter first.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Like Barry's new origin regarding his mother, Diana's new origin will never be jettisoned at any point in the forseeable future. Their usage in other media and popularity of said other media they appear in solidifies them in comics canon for some time to come.

But focusing more on her relationship with her mother is a far more reasonable request and one I agree with.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Like Barry's new origin regarding his mother, Diana's new origin will never be jettisoned at any point in the forseeable future. Their usage in other media and popularity of said other media they appear in solidifies them in comics canon for some time to come.

But focusing more on her relationship with her mother is a far more reasonable request and one I agree with.
    I know it WON'T go away, I just think it should. And I think even if it doesn't, giving Diana daddy issues goes against the core of her character, so she should continue to identity as an Amazon and her mother's daughter first.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

Her answer was in response to me asking her if the run would be mostly focus on Greek mythology or if we would see Diana face off against her rogues like Cheetah, Giganta, Queen Clea, Kung, etc. I was thrilled to hear that she has plans for some of the rogues.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Her answer was in response to me asking her if the run would be mostly focus on Greek mythology or if we would see Diana face off against her rogues like Cheetah, Giganta, Queen Clea, Kung, etc. I was thrilled to hear that she has plans for some of the rogues.
    I hope we don’t have to wait too long. I don’t want to waste time with Ares for longer than we have to. I want to see Circe again at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I just want to thank you for asking this because I have honestly been a bit worried. The mention of doing quite a bit of mythological stuff initially leaves me curious if that means we will get one long arc of the gods before going into that sort of thing.