Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast

Is that grail ? If so, does time flow differently on Themyscira ? Because I highly doubt there was years between Robinson and GWW's run, in universe.

Also, I'm not sure if I like the idea of a reformed Grail. I know it's a big deal of Wonder Woman, managing to change her enemies into allies but... There isn't much great female villain left at DC, especially in the WW corner (Cheetah bores me to death for instance, I really find her extremely unappealing, as she is being portrayed). And I think that Grail, the dark reflection of Diana worked as an evil nemesis playing in the same category as she, with perhaps even more powers, thus being a an obstacle both physical and ideological to surmount for Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Is that grail ? If so, does time flow differently on Themyscira ? Because I highly doubt there was years between Robinson and GWW's run, in universe.

Also, I'm not sure if I like the idea of a reformed Grail. I know it's a big deal of Wonder Woman, managing to change her enemies into allies but... There isn't much great female villain left at DC, especially in the WW corner (Cheetah bores me to death for instance, I really find her extremely unappealing, as she is being portrayed). And I think that Grail, the dark reflection of Diana worked as an evil nemesis playing in the same category as she, with perhaps even more powers, thus being a an obstacle both physical and ideological to surmount for Wonder Woman.
    Maybe I missed something here, but nothing in that preview suggested Grail (if that is her) was getting reformed. In fact, she seems outright pissed at Diana for imprisoning her.

Yeah she sounds ready to wage war. She is after all responsible for the shattering of Olympus and Themyscira. She killed Ares and freed herself in the bargain.

Some more twitterings from Wilson:

Massive changes coming in the latter half of the year (mostly professional but also weirdly existential?) that I am simultaneously excited about and terrified by. Keep me in your thoughts, friends...

All good. Just a big shift.

A lootttt. A paradigm shift.

Q: Preemptive congrats! Can we speculate wildly? Are you a new showrunner?!!!

A: Hah no. I don't know that I have the temperament to be a showrunner.
    Not sure how Wonder Woman fits into that, though I guess the book switching to monthly would be one possible reason for this. Though I don't think it fits with "paradigm shift".
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Some more twitterings from Wilson:

Not sure how Wonder Woman fits into that, though I guess the book switching to monthly would be one possible reason for this. Though I don't think it fits with "paradigm shift".
    It sounds to me like she's off the book.`

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It sounds to me like she's off the book.`
    Not likely to be that if it's listed as "All good". It might not even be related to her work for DC at all.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Not likely to be that if it's listed as "All good". It might not even be related to her work for DC at all.
    True but a user named Brian Case explicitly asked and got no response while others did.

On that Twitter post...

First off, what I am about to wonder out loud about is most likely not the case.

Over at Marvel, Hickman is about to do a pretty "Starting All Over..." run on the "X" IP. From what folks tend to believe, the creative teams for the books that will follow Hickman's laying a new foundation(in House Of X and Powers Of X) are going to be announced in the next couple of weeks.

With that in mind, I couldn't help but wonder if the timing of that Wilson Tweet might have something to do with that.

Probably not going to happen, but it did cross my mind.

That would be rather out of left field. It's not even a year since she finished on Ms. Marvel. Though with Wonder Woman going monthly, I think she'd be able to take on a second book even if she's still in charge of Diana.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I thought most people were generally unhappy with her run so far and apparently sales are falling, so if she is gone it wouldn't be that great a loss. Personally I want her to stay and see where this goes. Hopefully you all are right and I'm wrong about her leaving.

I thought most people were generally unhappy with her run so far and apparently sales are falling, so if she is gone it wouldn't be that great a loss. Personally I want her to stay and see where this goes. Hopefully you all are right and I'm wrong about her leaving.
    So far as I can tell, sales aren't dropping off dramatically. They almost always start to slide after a bit.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I think issue #74 may be a turning point(in the right direction for Wilson). It was for me at least. It was the best issue of her run so far IMO. If she keeps up this momentum, she can stay for a while.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

G. WILLOW WILSON Exiting WONDER WOMAN for 'Bucket-List-Dream Project': https://www.newsarama.com/46627-g-wi...m-project.html

Steve Orlando's taking over.

I wonder what this bucket list project is?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Thank goodness! I hope Steve Orlando delivers a more exciting Wonder Woman title.