Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Vibe.

Damage (Grant Emerson).

Stargirl (I imagine she might return when her show hits but haven't seen her since the New52 JLA).

Jack Knight.

Vixen. She's appeared sporadically, but she needs some consistent page time and development.

The Others. Those pulp-inspired heroes who worked with Aquaman. Prisoner of War, the Operative, Y'wara.......great characters DC gave up on too soon.

Infinity Inc. Mostly just Atom Smasher, Jesse Quick, Jade, and Obsidian. The others I don't care about.

Might have some JSA members to add too, depending on who returns in Justice League. Power Girl definitely makes the list if she doesn't return with the rest.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Thunder and Lightning. No, not the daughters of Jefferson Pierce, the *other* storm-powered siblings, Cambodian brothers, IIRC, and introduced in the pages of Teen Titans, during the Wolfman/Perez years. They seemed kind of cool, but gosh, they're so long gone and forgotten...

Mighty Member

-RED TORNADO (with his Family and daughter)!
    -MIA DEARDEN
    -LIAN HARPER
    -IRIS WEST II JAI WEST

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I honestly think your the only person I have ever seen who wanted this character back.
    He got a bad rap and the creators didn't get to do with him what they wanted due to when he debuted, so I'd like to see someone else take a crack at him and a storyline with him.

I liked the lost, unremembered, sacrificial superhero trope they were messing about with him.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Triumph
    Maxima
    Extraño
    Flamebird
    Onyx
    I forgot to include:

The Creeper
    Pantha
    The JSA, Infinity Inc., and the All Star Squadron

Dev-Em (Kryptonian version, not whatever the Five Years Later version was)
    Crimson Fox (either or both sisters)
    Rocket Red (Dmitri from JLI)
    Doctor Mid-Nite (Pieter Cross)
    Father Jim Craemer (supporting cast member from John Ostrander's "Suicide Squad" and "Spectre")

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I really don't get what people like about [The Global Guardians].

Most of these characters are pretty lame, and their only major storyline is about them getting manipulated by Queen Bee to fight the Justice League.
    Speaking only for myself, it's more the concept of the team and a few of the members seemed cool. They've never really had a story worthy of what they're supposed to be- and it's not hard to see why: you'd need a writer who can convincingly portray characters who come from literally all over the world. To be able to capture those voices and to understand the cultural background of all of them would be incredibly daunting. And unlike The Legion of Super-heroes, you can't just make up an alien world and culture where there's a chance you'll get something wrong and potentially insult or diminish another culture.

But if someone were to actually pull it off, it would be amazing!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Speaking only for myself, it's more the concept of the team and a few of the members seemed cool.
    I don't really find anyof those guys "cool", some might be decent, but most of them seem more or less seem really created with idea that you can imdeadtly identify where they are from based on their name and costume design.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    They've never really had a story worthy of what they're supposed to be- and it's not hard to see why: you'd need a writer who can convincingly portray characters who come from literally all over the world. To be able to capture those voices and to understand the cultural background of all of them would be incredibly daunting.
    I don't know, the european characters shoulnd't be a problem at all, and Japanese, Chinese and South American Characters shouldn't be to hard (there are enough of them in other media), ok Native American and African might require more research.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I really miss

Supergilr/Linda Danvers and Connor Hawke.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I really don't get what people like about these guys.

Most of these characters are pretty lame, and their only major storyline is about them getting manipulated by Queen Bee to fight the Justice League.
    Depends on the character. I've got no interest in seeing more of Wild Huntsman or Little Mermaid, for instance, but I love Tuatara, Olympian (good grief, have you ever looked at who was on that boat? There's like a dozen weirdo super-powers, like walking on water, talking to birds, prophecy (twice), super-vision, etc.! And even the dozens without powers were *kings* and *legendary warriors*), Green Flame (so much cooler than 'Fire,' able to create illusions, produce hot and cold fire, etc.), Icemaiden (again, so much cooler as a magical princess from a hidden land of ice-people than just some lame 'has a metagene' replacement), Bushmater and Dr. Mist/Nommo.

I'd love to see more of Dr. Mist, in particular, perhaps tied to various stones of power in the DCU, such as revealed to have been the creator of Sargon the Sorcerer's Ruby of Life, in millenia past, and occupying a Baron Winter / Dr. Fate / Phantom Stranger sort of role, stepping forth from the shadows to provide a heads-up of imminent magical apocalypse (as well as the information / tools to stop it) at the fated moment, and then fading into the background when the job is done.

I agree with Thunder and Lightning.

Pre new 52 jade

The male or female air waves

Popeye (also called captain strong)

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post

Jack Knight- Only if Robinson writes him and only for a mini-series. I would love a story just to see what Jack has been up to and maybe some sort of adventure to bring him out of retirement.
    Good call. IIRC, Robinson and Tony Harris were planning a Jack-in-Japan mini as their last word on the character before they fell out with DC. Pity Jack doesn't even seem to be in continuity now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Green Flame (so much cooler than 'Fire,' able to create illusions, produce hot and cold fire, etc.), Icemaiden (again, so much cooler as a magical princess from a hidden land of ice-people than just some lame 'has a metagene' replacement)
    Green Flame and Fire are afaik the same character.
    And both Tora Olafsdotter and Beatriz da Costa are way more prominent for beeing JLI members, then for being members of the Global Guardians.
    While Sigrid Nansen (= the lame metagene replacement) is the Icemaiden that usually appeared as a member of the Global Guardians, and she is actually the first Icemaiden.
    Tora appeared afaik the first time in the story where she left the Global Guardians to join the JLI, she was afaik never again a member of the Guardians.
    Last edited by Aahz; 08-25-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Thunder and Lightning. No, not the daughters of Jefferson Pierce, the *other* storm-powered siblings, Cambodian brothers, IIRC, and introduced in the pages of Teen Titans, during the Wolfman/Perez years. They seemed kind of cool, but gosh, they're so long gone and forgotten...
    Huh. Well, that explains these guys from the animated series;

Mark Shaw Manhunter. I collected every issue in the 80’s. He had Iron Man like armor for two issues. Thought that was really cool.