Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Default In an alternate reality, the MCU becomes the new DCU. Cast it!

The MCU has a massive cast of actors and actresses. What if we plug them into the DCU instead?

Well, now is the chance to find out. You’ve been put in charge of selecting any MCU actor/actress and assigning them a DCU role (remaking the recent DCEU as this is an alternate reality where neither the DCEU or MCU currently exists).

So, who takes on DC’s iconic roles? You may select from MCU films (including those in the making) and their various TV/Broadcast/Streaming shows.

Bonus: Cast a film at a time, and how would you start this new DCU off, movie wise?

As an example: Idris Elba (Heimdall) becomes John Stewart. I think he would do a marvelous job in the role of one of Earth’s Green Lanterns. Alongside him I would cast Chris Evans (Captain America) as Kyle Raynor, and the two would be in a movie searching for the missing Hal Jordan. Chris playing the rookie to Elba’s veteran ring slinger.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Chris Hemsworth- Booster Gold
    Karen Gillian- Starfire
    Mike Colter- Steel
    Chris Evans- Aquaman
    Bradley Cooper- Hal Jordan
    Tom Holland- Kid Flash
    Jeremy Renner- Guy Gardner
    Scarlet Johanson- Looker
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-29-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Ultimate Member

Oh man, to see a big screen Vixen played by Zoe Saldana (or Lupita Nyong'o or Danai Gurira, for that matter! Just not Letitia Wright, she's a little young for that role. Perhaps as Bumblebee, instead?).

Booster Gold feels more like a Chris Evans role than a Chris Hemsworth role, to me, just because he doesn't strike me as a huge guy. Based on his build, Chris Hemsworth (with hair dyed black) might make a better Captain Marvel (Shazam). I don't think he's got the chops to do Superman, personally. (He kind of sucks as Thor, IMO, and does goofball better than serious.)

Mark Ruffalo would be an interesting Batman. He's so soft-spoken and understated as Banner, and Batman is anything but. Actually, for an older Batman, like the one they were trying for with Ben Affleck, I much would have preferred someone like Jeffrey Dean Morgan (who, despite appearing in The Losers, a movie based on a DC comic, with Chris Evans, Zoe Saldana and Idris Elba, has never been in a Marvel movie, that I can think of...).

I think I'd prefer Evangeline Lily (the Wasp) for the role of Wonder Woman. The Olsen girl can be Zatanna. Scarlett Johanssen gets to be Black Canary. Adrianne Palicki (who played Bobbi Morse, on Agents of SHIELD) would be my ironic pick to be Wonder Woman, due to her failed pilot.

Nobody but Ryan Reynolds gets to be Hal Jordan. That's a gimme. That said, Jeremy Renner would be a better choice for a 1980's era grown-up adult version of Hal Jordan, instead of the irresponsible fratboy we've been stuck with this last decade or so (which Ryan Reynolds captures perfectly).

I'd want a full on Justice League movie. Marvel started out with Iron Man, Thor and Captain America movies, and then just folded Hawkeye, the Black Widow and the Hulk into the movie with these three pre-established, but that isn't the only way it can be done. Just start with a team movie, and deal with the solo stuff later (also deal with the team founding stuff later, if ever, and start out with the team already established. We've got two hours, let's not waste any on origin crap or the entire first and second acts on getting the heroes all on the same page. Screw that. In media res, baby!).

Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, plus less familiar faces Vixen, Booster Gold, Shazam and either Black Canary or Zatanna (Zee might fit better, I love me some Dinah, but both Diana and Mari are in-your-face-punchy-fighty types, and Zee offers some more ranged SFX-heavy superheroics). No Superman or Flash or Aquaman in this one. Can't have everything. Lots more than the formula (X dudes and a token female) girl power.

Spectacular Member

Brie Lawson: Black Canary is a possibility; Carol and Dinah have fairly similar personalities.
    Danai Gurira: Okoye definitely channelled a bit of Wonder Woman for me.
    Elizabeth Olsen: Halo, Hawkgirl, or Stargirl are possibilities.
    Evangline Lily: Physically, she gives me a Zatanna vibe or Huntress is also a possibility.
    Karen Gillian: Talia al Ghul, Cheetah, or Poison Ivy maybe?
    Scarlet Johansson: I could see her as Barbara Gordon/Oracle.
    Pom Klementieff: Katana or maybe Lady Shiva?
    Zoe Saldana: Definitely could imagine her as Vixen.

Anthony Mackie: John Stewart could be a fit.
    Benedict Cumberbatch: Phantom Stranger or Ra's al Ghul might work.
    Bradley Cooper: Booster Gold, Metamorpho, or Plastic Man.
    Chadwick Bosman: Mr.Terrific could be possible.
    Chris Evans: Superman, maybe?
    Chris Hemsworth: Aquaman or Hawkman are possibilities here.
    Jeremy Renner: Not to typecast him but Green Arrow was the first thought but Catman is possible as well.
    Mark Ruffalo: Yeah, I could see him as a Batman along the lines of Michael Keaton.
    Paul Rudd: He would make a good Blue Beetle or Ray Palmer Atom.
    Rober Downey Jr.: Wonder how he would fare as Vandal Savage, Maxwell Lord, or Two-Face.
    Last edited by anon_me; 08-31-2019 at 06:18 AM.

for an older Batman, like the one they were trying for with Ben Affleck, I much would have preferred someone like Jeffrey Dean Morgan (who, despite appearing in The Losers, a movie based on a DC comic, with Chris Evans, Zoe Saldana and Idris Elba, has never been in a Marvel movie, that I can think of...).
    No, he's never done a Marvel character come to think of it.
    Like you said, he was in The Losers (Clay), he’s played Negan, The Comedian, Jeb Turnbull (in Jonah Hex), and interestingly considering your point on liking him as Batman, he cameod as Thomas Wayne in Batman Vs Superman (with Lauren Cohan/Maggie of all ppl, who’s husband he killed on The Walking Dead) as Martha.

I was thinking Chris Evans as Tim Hunter.
    Hunter could be that character that ties all the other movies together, leading up to the huge crossover event.
    Bradley Cooper as Booster Gold would be interesting, like anon_me pointed out.
    Another of anon’s choices was RDJ as Vandal Savage. I like it because it’s a strong actor, and would likely make the role memorable.
    That was a big weakness in the MCU movies.

Dave Bautista as Amazo I think would be neat.

Vin Diesel as Martian Manhunter? That would be cool.

Ving Rhames as John Henry Irons, or villain-wise, Mongul.

If DC has a sense of humor they can cast Chris Hemsworth as Orion.

Jaimie Alexander as Zatanna, Michael Douglas as Zatarra.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 09-02-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Benedict Cumberbatch - Martian Manhunter
    Tom Holland - Jimmy Olsen
    Samuel L Jackson - Perry White
    Idris Elba -Vandal Savage (alternate is Hugo Weaving)
    Ray Stevenson - Zodd
    Dave Bautista - King Shark
    Corey Stoll - Lex Luthor
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-02-2019 at 11:26 AM.

I changed my mind on Bradley Cooper as Booster. I’d save him for now.
    Jeff Ward (Fitz Simmons’ grandson on AoS) as Booster is a good fit in looks, snark, and age.

Kat Dennings as Harley Quinn!

Clark Gregg as Lex frikkin’ Luthor.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 09-02-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Batman: Josh Brolin
    Superman: Sebastian Stan
    Wonder Woman: Jamie Alexander
    Aquaman: Chris Hemsworth
    Barry Allen: Jeremy Renner
    Hal Jordan: Chris Evans
    Martian Manhunter: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Black Canary: Scarlett Johansson
    Green Arrow: Josh Dallas
    John Stewart: Damion Poitier
    Zatanna: Elizabeth Olsen
    Vixen: Zoe Saldana
    Zachary Levi: Captain Marvel
    Steel: Mike Coulter
    Guy Gardner: Chris Pratt
    Black Lightning: Don Cheadle
    Jay Garrick: John Slattery
    Icon: Idris Elba
    Rocket: Letitia Wright
    Lex Luthor: Corey Stoll
    Joker: Tom Hiddleston
    Black Manta: Mustafa Shakir
    Deathstroke: Frank Grillo
    Darkseid: Clancy Brown
    Sinestro: Paul Bettany
    Killer Croc: Dave Bautista
    Man-Bat: Mark Ruffalo
    Morgan Edge: Robert Downey Jr.
    Two-Face: Bradley Cooper
    Reverse Flash: Lee Pace
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!