Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I may sound like a broken record, but I REALLY love Venom and Spidey's new dynamic. Years of "We hate you and will eat your brains" REALLY wore me down. Also glad that they dropped Peter's fanatical symbiote hate. It was really getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i forgot that venom can fly now guess Peter needs to get some web fluid back home surprised this genius cant figure out a way to carry some extra
    He has spare cartridges. So when he says he's low on fluid, he means his spares are nearly gone.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    First issue was dark twisted and amazing. Hoping this issue can follow in the same direction. This new take on the Venom Spider-Man relationship where they actually might even care about each other on a small scale is great. Would love to see cates write a Spider-Man/Venom ongoing series.
    On one hand, I know that would be very well written and amazing, but on the other hand, I kinda feel that they're better off doing their own thing and meeting up every once in a while. Their relationship is as great as it's ever been, but a team up between them still has that vibe of "All hell is breaking loose". I feel that would be lost in an ongoing. But hey, I could be wrong. If anyone can do it, Cates could.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    I may sound like a broken record, but I REALLY love Venom and Spidey's new dynamic. Years of "We hate you and will eat your brains" REALLY wore me down. Also glad that they dropped Peter's fanatical symbiote hate. It was really getting ridiculous.

He has spare cartridges. So when he says he's low on fluid, he means his spares are nearly gone.

On one hand, I know that would be very well written and amazing, but on the other hand, I kinda feel that they're better off doing their own thing and meeting up every once in a while. Their relationship is as great as it's ever been, but a team up between them still has that vibe of "All hell is breaking loose". I feel that would be lost in an ongoing. But hey, I could be wrong. If anyone can do it, Cates could.
    Agreed with everything you saying. I’m enjoying this take on them so much. It’s a shame that it will probably be short lived because I’m almost positive that Spider-Man doesn’t make it til the end of this story. Venom had kind of grown stale over the years as did his dynamic with Spider-Man. After everything they’ve been through as well as the symbiote bond they share, this just seems like a very organic progression for them. I understand your hesitation with the ongoing just cause it might lose some of that “Hell yes! Spider-Man/Venom teaming up to tear stuff up” luster after a while. You’re probably right as well but damn I’m loving Gates so much that i would be willing to take that risk lol

Extraordinary Member

Fun issue!

And poor Mac. First his jaw and now this. I'm sure he'll be fine.

read the issue the last chapter is basically miles issue but from venom perspective. Also Norman and Cassidy dynamic is great so far they are the main duo on the villain side like Peter and Eddie on the hero side
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I love this book! Issue #2 was just as awesome as the first. Venom sprouting his wings was fist pump worthy, Dylan being revealed that he has a codex passed down from his Mom Ann was shocking, and Miles getting infected with Carnage was gut-wrenching. Bottom line, this issue delivered the goods! Onto Venom #17 now...

- Jason G. Carr

Not sure I follow Eddie's plan to throw Mac directly into a Carnage pile but I guess it worked out!

Also I guess Norman is a Leo.
    Last edited by Junco; 08-28-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    I love this book! Issue #2 was just as awesome as the first. Venom sprouting his wings was fist pump worthy, Dylan being revealed that he has a codex passed down from his Mom Ann was shocking, and Miles getting infected with Carnage was gut-wrenching. Bottom line, this issue delivered the goods! Onto Venom #17 now...
    For me, issue #2 felt a a little light on the horror as compared to #1. I guess the claustrophobia of Ravencroft hyped that horror up. Still, there was that sense of heroes on the rope in this issue. Venom sprouting wings and making the escape, Miles and Gargan fighting against the hordes of Carnage, Gargan becoming paralyzed, these heroes are in desperation. In the midst of it all though, the characters' true natures shine and there were a lot of subtle shout outs to the past. Peter talking about rising up again, Carnage talking about "Carnage Rules," just a lot of great moments.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Junco View Post
    Not sure I follow Eddie's plan to throw Mac directly into a Carnage pile but I guess it worked out!

Also I guess Norman is a Leo.
    I think he thought that Mac would be more useful? Maybe? I mean, Mac isn't a bad fighter, they're just being surrounded.

Also, Mac becoming paralyzed just freaked me out. I know it won't stick, but it's a very realistic injury and it's just so cruel. Eddie and Venom will probably try and save him, but what exactly are they supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    For me, issue #2 felt a a little light on the horror as compared to #1. I guess the claustrophobia of Ravencroft hyped that horror up. Still, there was that sense of heroes on the rope in this issue. Venom sprouting wings and making the escape, Miles and Gargan fighting against the hordes of Carnage, Gargan becoming paralyzed, these heroes are in desperation. In the midst of it all though, the characters' true natures shine and there were a lot of subtle shout outs to the past. Peter talking about rising up again, Carnage talking about "Carnage Rules," just a lot of great moments.
    Yeah, there's a lot of hopeless moments here, but that's balanced out by a lot of hope, humor, and great character moments.

Also, so, I'm confused, is Dylan really a human? Is he just a symbiote in a human body?

Astonishing Member

Great series. I wanted to avoid it and I am glad I didn't.

Best moment when Eddie said to Peter: don't worry! That cracked me up.

Dylan isnt a human, he is a construct or a byproduct of the symbiote. Errr...I guess, something like that.

Great issue just not on par with the first one. I think I just preferred the more personal Spider-Man/Venom horror movie type atmosphere in that issue. Love when Eddie is all depressed and beat on and Peter gives him that little speech about “ Getting up every time you get knocked down”. The response from Eddie is so classic “That always annoyed me about you”...

Them parting ways felt a little off. Not sure what it was. One minute they’re talking and then Spider-Man just swings off rather suddenly. Hoping this isn’t the last we’ve seen of Spider-Man.

Also gates writes the best Eddie Brock/Venom ever by far. He has infused this once stale character with so much life.
    Last edited by RD155; 08-29-2019 at 06:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Great series. I wanted to avoid it and I am glad I didn't.

Best moment when Eddie said to Peter: don't worry! That cracked me up.

Dylan isnt a human, he is a construct or a byproduct of the symbiote. Errr...I guess, something like that.
    I have a really, really bad feeling about that last part. I'm just thinking about all the other times in media where the kid turned out not to be human and they were reabsorbed or something awful. That would just be devastating, especially since Dylan has been a pretty fun character so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Great issue just not on par with the first one. I think I just preferred the more personal Spider-Man/Venom horror movie type atmosphere in that issue. Love when Eddie is all depressed and beat on and Peter gives him that little speech about “ Getting up every time you get knocked down”. The response from Eddie is so classic “That always annoyed me about you”...

Them parting ways felt a little off. Not sure what it was. One minute they’re talking and then Spider-Man just swings off rather suddenly. Hoping this isn’t the last we’ve seen of Spider-Man.

Also gates writes the best Eddie Brock/Venom ever by far. He has infused this once stale character with so much life.
    I think what makes it work is that quite a few writers have worked hard to really make Venom itself a separate character from Eddie. It isn't just a suit, but a character itself, which has just been delightful.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Junco View Post
    How did that plan exactly work out? I saw it as a complete disaster

- Miles got turned into a Carnage Zombie
    - Venom was unable to capture Norman
    - Scorpion was a jerk but he's highly likely going to be a cripple.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    How did that plan exactly work out? I saw it as a complete disaster

- Miles got turned into a Carnage Zombie
    - Venom was unable to capture Norman
    - Scorpion was a jerk but he's highly likely going to be a cripple.
    I think Cates has long established that Eddie and Venom aren't great at making decisions, especially since they were seemingly expecting to get some help out of Mac. Then they would be able to get Miles and at least make an escape. They just weren't expecting Carnage himself to show up.

Wow great work from the editors, what happens to the Scorpion an Miles is not the same in AC #2 and AC: Miles Morales #1...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    Wow great work from the editors, what happens to the Scorpion an Miles is not the same in AC #2 and AC: Miles Morales #1...
    Lol. I noticed that. Hard not to.

Good job I don’t give a s**t about Miles’ book.